Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Guess it depends where you are where I’m at there are way more unmasked than masked an outside of the burbs they look at you funny if you’re wearing a mask 🤷‍♂️

I was in Denton, about a half hour outside of Dallas. You are correct that nobody asked me to put one on. Was just surprised at the amount of people I saw with them on...including outside.

Ugh. I’m glad someone is smart enough how to tell everyone how to live their lives….

It's time to start shunning the 'vaccine hesitant.' They're blocking COVID herd immunity. — USA TODAY
Article estimates between 75%-80% need vaccinated to achieve herd immunity. If 330M population, then 248-264M need vaccination. We're approaching 100M vaccinated in 3-4 months. That's not even considering those who acquired natural immunity via infection and the small percentage who aren't susceptible to C19.
Seems abrupt and unwarranted to write this article.

small percentage who aren't susceptible to C19
This is the Super Wild Card. So I slept by my wife and tucked my daughter in, the night I started feeling sick. 0/4 in my house fell ill. Tons of my patients have only had one or two family members get sick. 15 months of experience tells me that the protection rate of similar CVs or other factors might approximate 50%.

This is the Super Wild Card. So I slept by my wife and tucked my daughter in, the night I started feeling sick. 0/4 in my house fell ill. Tons of my patients have only had one or two family members get sick. 15 months of experience tells me that the protection rate of similar CVs or other factors might approximate 50%.
50%???
That seems unlikely just from a knee jerk reaction.
I included that "demographic" because my son in law tested for antibodies (never showed S/S) but my daughter did not have antibodies and was never sick. Weird.

Reactions: Orangeburst
I was in Denton, about a half hour outside of Dallas. You are correct that nobody asked me to put one on. Was just surprised at the amount of people I saw with them on...including outside.
I’m straight east of there on south side of McKinney. I don’t notice that many but maybe I’m just used to it 🤷‍♂️ In the rural smaller towns you see few masks. Was near Denton in Pilot Point fishing last weekend on Ray Roberts. Masks were near non existent

The golden key. Wonder what it is?

I’m straight east of there on south side of McKinney. I don’t notice that many but maybe I’m just used to it 🤷‍♂️ In the rural smaller towns you see few masks. Was near Denton in Pilot Point fishing last weekend on Ray Roberts. Masks were near non existent

Nice! There seem to be a lot of lakes around. I have to travel to Denton on a somewhat regular basis for work. I like it there.

Don't forget that 10% of the U.S. has already tested positive, and seroprevalence studies have returned numbers as high as 5-8x greater.

On the low end, add 100M (vaccinated) + 150M (seropos) and see what you get...

Hint: might explain the curve in most of the country.

The seroprevalence is the wildcard and seems to be being ignored. I think it’s purely logistical to ignore those figures. It does make sense to a certain point to ignore it unless you were to draw blood antibodies on everyone prior to vaccination.

Is it strange that with the huge number of cases in India and the possible double mutant that there is no travel ban from there to the US??
All kinds of logical fails in the last year. I’m flying to Lubbock tomorrow where I’ll be sitting 2” from the person next to me. I don’t care. I’ll wash my hands like I normally do and not touch my mask or face.

ImmunaBand
ImmunaBand has designed a seamless bracelet that will erase the uncertainty we are all experiencing. The sleek bracelets are the symbol of vaccination and -- hopefully -- of society’s eventual triumph over this pandemic. Wear this bracelet to work, to restaurants, and to let people know your commitment to overcoming this disease through your completion of the vaccination series. The bracelet is also a symbol of your commitment to safety -- for yourself and for others.
6DFFCDCC-F663-4947-9905-84D276A7C6E9.jpeg

ImmunaBand
ImmunaBand has designed a seamless bracelet that will erase the uncertainty we are all experiencing. The sleek bracelets are the symbol of vaccination and -- hopefully -- of society’s eventual triumph over this pandemic. Wear this bracelet to work, to restaurants, and to let people know your commitment to overcoming this disease through your completion of the vaccination series. The bracelet is also a symbol of your commitment to safety -- for yourself and for others.
View attachment 365772

The guys that came up with that are laughing at you all the way to the bank.

50%???
That seems unlikely just from a knee jerk reaction.
I included that "demographic" because my son in law tested for antibodies (never showed S/S) but my daughter did not have antibodies and was never sick. Weird.
It's just tough to say. There's no way to "test" for this protection, because we don't know exactly what provides it. It would be nice to see a study looking at the percentage of close/in-home contacts of a symptomatic person that actually get sick.

Reactions: McDad
I've got two kids in daycare, so there should be some immunity in my house. But when I got it, we all tested positive. But you wouldn't have known the kids had it if it wasn't for me already having it and being symptomatic. Wife was also symptomatic. They were a little off for a day. Funny enough, I guess, shortly after that, the youngest had what was believed to be an Andenoviris shortly after that that had him running a good fever and really sick in general for a week. This is a virus the elderly should worry about, not kids.

VN Store

Back