Kim Mulkey leaving Baylor, Announced as Head Coach for LSU

She will not have any stringent private school requirements at LSU that she had with Baylor. She will excel down there and her recruiting got a WHOLE lot easier. Baton Rouge vs the armpit of Texas in Waco? EASY PEASEY
Those stringent private school requirements haven't kept Baylor from signing elite high school athletes and keeping them eligible since they started taking sports seriously for the first time about 20 years ago. I agree that Mulkey is going to recruit very well and win big at LSU... it's just a question of how soon. This does mark a seismic shift in women's college basketball. There is no doubt about that.

Kim Mulkey named LSU’s head basketball coach. This may be a bit frightening for the SEC, or maybe not. Remember Gail Goestenkors run with Duke, and the not so smooth, same run with Texas? We shall see.

Kim Mulkey is new LSU women's basketball coach, leaving Baylor in blockbuster hire

Wonder what happens to the newly signed Jordan Lewis with Baylor, and all her newly signed players/existing players?
So we had a shot to get her? WTH?? She was a god at Baylor. Don’t get this one!

I've noticed that regardless of the topic being discussed, your response is always something negative about Tennessee. Assuming that you are legitimately a fan of Tennessee, maybe you should spend your leisure time somewhere else? You seem very unhappy here (unless, of course, you are only pretending to be a Tennessee fan, and you are deliberately trolling the other members of this forum).

If you think anything about Mulkey coming to LSU is a positive for Tennessee, you're delusional.

And if my posts are too negative for you, maybe you would be happier if you either kept scrolling or put me on ignore...

If you think anything about Mulkey coming to LSU is a positive for Tennessee, you're delusional.

And if my posts are too negative for you, maybe you would be happier if you either kept scrolling or put me on ignore...
It's not a positive, but the sky isn't falling either. It won't even be the first time that LSU had a championship caliber team. Someone else pointed out that Tennessee has won the National Championship in the past after finishing 3rd or lower in the SEC regular season... that has actually happened 3 times (1987 - tied for 4th, 1991 - 3rd and 1997 5th).

I do ignore most of your garbage and will do so again... but not because you are negative, but because you are profoundly ignorant and wrong most of the time.

It's not a positive, but the sky isn't falling either. It won't even be the first time that LSU had a championship caliber team. Someone else pointed out that Tennessee has won the National Championship in the past after finishing 3rd or lower in the SEC regular season... that has actually happened 3 times (1987 - tied for 4th, 1991 - 3rd and 1997 5th).

I do ignore most of your garbage and will do so again... but not because you are negative, but because you are profoundly ignorant and wrong most of the time.

i pointed that out but i’m pretty sure i’m blocked because he couldn’t argue me down so he blocked me 🤣

Reactions: Lucy and dtnvol

Hate to tell you, Pat Summitt isn't walking through that door. Talking about competing for titles with a coach who has never sniffed a Final Four is laughable.

I'm right far more often than not. If I wasn't, you and others wouldn't get so butthurt...

Didn't her son play baseball or still playing at LSU? Family ties??
Kramer Robertson. Tiger Droppings says he is the biggest cry baby to ever play baseball at LSU. He is now in the Cardinals farm system.

I don’t even see in the article where they confirm how much Mulkey is making with LSU. I can’t imagine they are paying her more than the Men’s coach. She has to either be getting paid similar pay, or a pay cut with the incentive of an increase dependent on results.
I heard it was a strong ass offer.

Hate to tell you, Pat Summitt isn't walking through that door. Talking about competing for titles with a coach who has never sniffed a Final Four is laughable.

There was a time when each of the elite coaches in college basketball hadn't sniffed a final four. Ex: Kim Mulkey was 43 years old when she won her first NC as a head coach. Before that, a sweet 16 was her best finish as a head coach.

If she recruits at the level that she did at Baylor, the SEC will be the Dawn & Kim Show. The SEC may have had more ranked teams than B12, but realistically, how many could seriously challenge a "Baylor in the SEC" team?

This will put the pressure on Kellie and the staff to get it done on the court and recruiting trail.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back