2022 Target List

I think BHH or Aidoo could earn that starting spot beside Fulky. Really depends on who can develop and has the best gains in the weight room.

ORN is in an interesting position, can he elevate his game with these studs coming on campus? Or will we see him less in the post and more as a 3 or stretch 4 type player when on the court?

I see Aidoo is probably a further along version of what Kyle was and Kyle was was a sub 15 mpg guy until his junior season, and even that year he finished with 20mpg. Senior season was only 23.8mpg and he started every game those last two years. So even if Aidoo is a better 5 than Kyle was I think 25 minutes might be the ceiling for him based on how Barnes rotates minutes. And next year he'll have a very deep front court to do that with more so than he has in a long time.

I think BHH or Aidoo could earn that starting spot beside Fulky. Really depends on who can develop and has the best gains in the weight room.

ORN is in an interesting position, can he elevate his game with these studs coming on campus? Or will we see him less in the post and more as a 3 or stretch 4 type player when on the court?

I see Aidoo is probably a further along version of what Kyle was and Kyle was was a sub 15 mpg guy until his junior season, and even that year he finished with 20mpg. Senior season was only 23.8mpg and he started every game those last two years. So even if Aidoo is a better 5 than Kyle was I think 25 minutes might be the ceiling for him based on how Barnes rotates minutes. And next year he'll have a very deep front court to do that with more so than he has in a long time.

I can’t see Olivier getting minutes away from the paint. His size is his best asset. He could play a big role a few years out if he is patient... something that seems to be lacking in today’s players.

I can’t see Olivier getting minutes away from the paint. His size is his best asset. He could play a big role a few years out if he is patient... something that seems to be lacking in today’s players.

Yeah, he's a got 2-3 season's left (counting the upcoming one) unless he RS. Maybe they are banking on him to elevate his game for the 22-23 season when Fulky and likely BHH are gone.

Reactions: Thunder Good-Oil

I see Aidoo like a Kyle Alexander who can shoot 3s. And I think his body’s a little more college ready than KAs was coming in. I would think he’ll come in playing in the 10-20 minute range, hopefully seeing more minutes by the time conference play rolls around. I hope the staff lets him play through some mistakes and don’t give him a quick benching every game the first time he messes up, that’s one of my biggest annoyances with Barnes.

I see Aidoo like a Kyle Alexander who can shoot 3s. And I think his body’s a little more college ready than KAs was coming in. I would think he’ll come in playing in the 10-20 minute range, hopefully seeing more minutes by the time conference play rolls around. I hope the staff lets him play through some mistakes and don’t give him a quick benching every game the first time he messes up, that’s one of my biggest annoyances with Barnes.

Worst thing about Barnes is when he takes someone out the first time they make a mistake. I noticed that year 1 and was like dude wtf.

Random, but I noticed Holly do this as well. A good example was when Alexa Middleton came in for Carter, made ONE terrible pass and got taken out for Carter. Like you kill a kids confidence doing that ****. I get you’re trying to teach a lesson but let them make those mistakes and show them later how to improve. This is why players don’t improve.

Reactions: Golf freak
Worst thing about Barnes is when he takes someone out the first time they make a mistake. I noticed that year 1 and was like dude wtf.

Random, but I noticed Holly do this as well. A good example was when Alexa Middleton came in for Carter, made ONE terrible pass and got taken out for Carter. Like you kill a kids confidence doing that ****. I get you’re trying to teach a lesson but let them make those mistakes and show them later how to improve. This is why players don’t improve.
There's a little bit more to this than meets the eye. From what I gathered about Barnes coaching style and seeing a few practices, he actually doesn't take them out the first time they make a mistake. He takes them out the first time they step out of their designated role. Best way I know to explain this is that a bad pass is not the reason they got taken out. Trying to make a pass that isn't a part of their offensive role or forcing a read is the reason they get taken out. If they make the right read, make a good pass but it gets stolen or somehow leads to a turnover then they aren't punished for that.

Going off how he treated JJJ, Keon, and Jaden sad to say I don’t see Barnes changing. I guess it’s more ignorant to think a coach in year 35 might actually change. Super frustrating, kills their confidence.

What I do find humor in is when he’ll bench a guy for making some mistake, then the guy who subs in for him makes a mistake himself and Barnes has to bench him for the guy he just pulled out

I'm not sure I see Coach Barnes rolling with 3 BIGS on the floor. History at UT he seems to prefer a 3 guard rotation with two BIGS or even 4 guards w/FULK with JJJ being that SF. Either way he has more and better pieces to play with this fall.

Going off how he treated JJJ, Keon, and Jaden sad to say I don’t see Barnes changing. I guess it’s more ignorant to think a coach in year 35 might actually change. Super frustrating, kills their confidence.

What I do find humor in is when he’ll bench a guy for making some mistake, then the guy who subs in for him makes a mistake himself and Barnes has to bench him for the guy he just pulled out
Good Coaches let player play through their mistakes sometimes. Getting pulled right after making one, getting chewed out on the sideline before sitting is coaching the guys up if they can receive it as that. I think for some it gets old. This fall he has some young studs that will have games they may struggle in the transition of HS to D1. We'll see how this goes over when they get pulled

I'm not sure I see Coach Barnes rolling with 3 BIGS on the floor. History at UT he seems to prefer a 3 guard rotation with two BIGS or even 4 guards w/FULK with JJJ being that SF. Either way he has more and better pieces to play with this fall.

Well ORN won't start either way, and the only reason he gets classified as a "big" is because of his height and where Barnes has been using him. Guy played PG in HS and I actually think he has been forced to play out of position.

I'd project this for a starting 5:
Chandler
Santi OR Bailey
JJJ
BHH
Fulky

Aidoo subbing in at the 5 and playing beside BHH & Fulky
I just think if ORN wants on the court he may need to carve out a spot playing as big guard as a 3, unlike Pember I think he's better defending on the perimeter and unlike Gaines he has the ability to score. The question mark is how well can he shoot?

I'm not saying this will be the case, he very well could be in the 4/5 rotation and that be that. But this is also the first time the roster has had this many legit bigs. I don't think Pons would've been playing the 4 with BHH, Fulky, Aidoo on roster.

I don’t know. Pulling a player for not following instructions might be harsh but it’s also the best way to get their attention. Honestly, I didn’t notice it happening as often as it’s suggested on here. And when I did see players pulled out they’d go back in after a few minutes in most cases. If he’s been doing it for 35 years and it’s all that bad then I’d think that it would be used against him during recruiting. Doesn’t seem to deter highly rated stars wanting to be coached from signing up.

Last edited:
Well ORN won't start either way, and the only reason he gets classified as a "big" is because of his height and where Barnes has been using him. Guy played PG in HS and I actually think he has been forced to play out of position.

I'd project this for a starting 5:
Chandler
Santi OR Bailey
JJJ
BHH
Fulky

Aidoo subbing in at the 5 and playing beside BHH & Fulky
I just think if ORN wants on the court he may need to carve out a spot playing as big guard as a 3, unlike Pember I think he's better defending on the perimeter and unlike Gaines he has the ability to score. The question mark is how well can he shoot?

I'm not saying this will be the case, he very well could be in the 4/5 rotation and that be that. But this is also the first time the roster has had this many legit bigs. I don't think Pons would've been playing the 4 with BHH, Fulky, Aidoo on roster.
I like the line up, but would insert Justin Powell in the back court due to his range and size.
Chandler
Powell
JJJ
BHH
the Fulk

Reactions: Maxwell865

#7 Jaden Bradley
#13 Scoot Henderson
#15 Dariq Whitehead
#17 Brandon Miller
#19 Cason Wallace
#23 Eric Dailey Jr.
#44 Felix Okpara
#59 Prince Aligbe
#64 Colin Smith
#65 Jett Howard
#88 BJ Edwards
#130 De’ante Green
NR Daniel Sanford
NR Handje Tamba
NR Quante Berry

Last edited:

#7 Jaden Bradley
#13 Scoot Henderson
#14 Brandon Huntley-Hatfield
#15 Dariq Whitehead
#17 Brandon Miller
#19 Cason Wallace
#23 Eric Dailey Jr.
#44 Felix Okpara
#59 Prince Aligbe
#64 Colin Smith
#65 Jett Howard
#88 BJ Edwards
#130 De’ante Green
NR Daniel Sanford
NR Handje Tamba
NR Quante Berry

I think you can take BHH off that list now haha

Also, Scoot Henderson? Love that name. Along with Prince Aligbe and Jett Howard

#1 Emoni Bates
#7 Jaden Bradley
#13 Scoot Henderson
#15 Dariq Whitehead
#17 Brandon Miller
#19 Cason Wallace
#23 Eric Dailey Jr.
#42 Jalen Hood-Schifino
#44 Felix Okpara
#59 Prince Aligbe
#64 Colin Smith
#65 Jett Howard
#88 BJ Edwards
#110 Dillon Mitchell
#130 De’ante Green
NR Daniel Sanford
NR Handje Tamba
NR Quante Berry
NR Noah Clowney
NR Malik Dia

Last edited:
Reactions: Volfan1000
#1 Emoni Bates
#7 Jaden Bradley
#13 Scoot Henderson
#15 Dariq Whitehead
#17 Brandon Miller
#19 Cason Wallace
#23 Eric Dailey Jr.
#44 Felix Okpara
#59 Prince Aligbe
#64 Colin Smith
#65 Jett Howard
#88 BJ Edwards
#130 De’ante Green
NR Daniel Sanford
NR Handje Tamba
NR Quante Berry
NR Noah Clowney
Unrealistic wants:
Bates,Miller, Wallace, Dailey.
Realistic:
Miller, Dailey, Wallace, Okpara,Edwards
I feel like that’s a pretty realistic list given how well we have recruited. No clue how many spots we have.

Unrealistic wants:
Bates,Miller, Wallace, Dailey.
Realistic:
Miller, Dailey, Wallace, Okpara,Edwards
I feel like that’s a pretty realistic list given how well we have recruited. No clue how many spots we have.
Miller, Wallace, Okpara, Edwards, Green, Berry and Clowney are all very realistic...I think we’ll look to sign 3-4 in the fall.

VN Store

Back