UT Basketball lands Aidoo

Upside doesn’t always equal current productivity...Grant Williams had less upside than BHH but GW would warrant more minutes.
I agree 100%, but all things being equal, I'm going with the more promising player. Grant showed an increase in production despite his limited upside. Fulky has not.

How I see things as they stand and with assuming BHH is basically a lock

Chandler/ Powell
Powell/Vescovi/Bailey
JJJ/ Mashack
Fulk/ORN
BHH/Aidoo/ Plasvic

Thoughts?

Reactions: VolDaddy61
With BHH *likely* on board, this team definitely has a higher ceiling than last year. We will have far more post help, and we add a true scoring threat from the perimeter in Powell. We shored up all the holes on our roster, and I think BHH/Chandler is every bit as good, if not better, than Johnson/Springer. Now, we could call on our faces again, but I like the ceiling and potential of this team. Should be a great shot at winning the SEC, although we wouldn't be the favorites. IMO, that's a good thing. We excel as the hunter and not the hunted. This team needs a chip on their shoulder.

Lol. There is not an alternate universe in the entire multiverse where ORN starts over Fulky. With BHH, the lineup is almost certainly:

Chandler
Powell
JJJ
BHH
Fulky
I feel like Fulky and BHH are interchangeable there. There’s not much difference between a 4 and a 5 these days.

Great get. A true center with good skill set and a ton of upside. Should be a good complement to Fulkerson. Still would like to find a transfer post player for depth and experience.

Just above you say you’re going with the more promising player and then say you’d go ORN over Fulky?!
This would be Fulky's sixth year in the program?! You think he has more of an upside than a Olivier ?! I don't. Fulky is who He is at this point. A solid role player for a contending team.

This would be Fulky's sixth year in the program?! You think he has more of an upside than a Olivier ?! I don't. Fulky is who He is at this point. A solid role player for a contending team.

ORN is what he is at this point. He isn't going to magically become Grant Williams. Suggesting that he start over Fulky is ridiculous. Fulky had COVID-19, multiple injuries, and ran into some poor luck in the post-season. I think it's fair to say this season was not characteristic of a normal season.

Lol. There is not an alternate universe in the entire multiverse where ORN starts over Fulky. With BHH, the lineup is almost certainly:

Chandler
Powell
JJJ
BHH
Fulky
Olivier and Fulky have almost identical stats per min. What are you talking about ?! And again, Fulky is who He is. They are basically interchangeable at this point. You don't lose anything starting Olivier over Fulky, you gain some more athleticism. Same numbers. If you want to consider intangibles, that's a different discussion.

ORN is what he is at this point. He isn't going to magically become Grant Williams. Suggesting that he start over Fulky is ridiculous. Fulky had COVID-19, multiple injuries, and ran into some poor luck in the post-season. I think it's fair to say this season was not characteristic of a normal season.
He's averaged double figures once in five seasons and has been injured for part of all of them.

He is statistically the same player as Fulky after two seasons as opposed to five.

Watch Aidoo’s film. He won’t be ready to do much next season. Needs to gain weight and strength. SEC upperclassmen will push him around until then. Pump the breaks a little on the hype train. He’s a nice pick-up but a longer term project. BHH will help more immediately if we are lucky enough to land him.

I've questioned how much upside Olivier had from day one. Still not sure if he will ever put it all together. No way in the world he is starting over Fulk next season, at least at the onset.

Some of you are really downplaying Fulky like he didn’t go through tough obstacles last season.

He’s just as important to this team as anyone else.
That's part of the issue, covid aside and through no fault of His own, he's going through something every year, that's possibly some of the reason why he hasn't taken His game to another level. No one is questioning his importance to this team. I question the upside of starting Him over Olivier at this point in their careers when statistically they are the same player.

VN Store

Back