Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
So walking to Neyland from the Ag campus is OK, but walking from campus to a downtown ballpark is not even with the distance being the same? Wonder what the thousand + students living across the river off Chapman Highway think about that?

C'mon.
I don’t know where it’s located in downtown Knoxville......I just know that off campus isn’t the same as on campus. And there are probably close to 8-10 thousand that live on campus. Only 1,600 ag students.....

If students that live on campus have to drive to watch a baseball game, i don’t think it’s worth it

Spot on.

Since we know what we know, why keep on banging our heads against the wall? Have relationships with and help the people around you and move on from the nonsense. The social engineers in every aspect of society can pound sand.

I usually don't like to respond to posts 10 pages back, but I'm 100% with this one. We know what we believe to be right and good. Just because we have seemingly infinite access to whatever else is going on in the world, social media, etc., doesn't mean it has to bring us down with it. Do what is good. Do what is right. Don't be consumed by all we see and hear. Yes, some of it is important and impactful to us. Most of it is not. Be the independent adults that we are supposed to be. I told my kids from an early age that if you do things right, God's kind of right, then it will be all right.

Just saw that ESPN has Miss St ranked #8 in the country going into the ‘21 season (just one spot behind UGA). Am I missing something? I get that their defense is good but I’m not a believer in their offense at all. I believe they will finish the season in the bottom half of the SEC.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I don’t know where it’s located in downtown Knoxville......I just know that off campus isn’t the same as on campus. And there are probably close to 8-10 thousand that live on campus. Only 1,600 ag students.....

If students that live on campus have to drive to watch a baseball game, i don’t think it’s worth it
They have to drive to see softball and soccer games because of the railroad tracks.

Reactions: drvenner
I personally can't wait for Harrison Baileys dad to pop in here and threaten us and the university when rumors start to circulate that Hooker is gonna be the starter. Like the past two years when he wasnt getting playing time.
He should be a good candidate for the portal soon enough

Reactions: TrippieRedd
Just saw that ESPN has Miss St ranked #8 in the country going into the ‘21 season (just one spot behind UGA). Am I missing something? I get that their defense is good but I’m not a believer in their offense at all. I believe they will finish the season in the bottom half of the SEC.
FPI is pure analytics, so you will get a couple wild off-the-chart anomalies for predictions.

Fwiw they've been quite accurate on us the past 6 years and they have us winning 6.6 games this season.

They have to drive to see softball and soccer games because of the railroad tracks.
Yea......probably not as many people go to those games.
I’m only saying that on is better than off. I would also think that it’s better have your own “home” stadium. Not shared with a professional team.

Reactions: SoilVol
Carvin, Cooper Mays, and Cade Mays all said Elijah Simmons was the hardest DL on the team to block right now.

Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing lol.
I feel good about the D-line. Some names that have been around awhile and are upper classmen with some game time experience plus some solid coaching. Seems like a winning combination.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back