Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they're very content to keep a low profile through this year and maybe next year as well.

Get through the sanctions and hopefully build a solid foundation in the process.
Agreed.
Also, having an offense with a heartbeat will help generate said excitement.

...we shall see. GBO

So glad my hope is not in this world. Can't imagine how bad that would be when I am feeling the way I do in spite of having the blessed hope.
You are exactly right.I’m pretty sure God tells us that if our hope is in this world alone then there is not much to hope for.That is not anywhere near word for word but in context.I work a public job and see so much.We are very much in a time of apostasy.

SweetasSoda said:
I was thinking as I read through this that I feel like McGill....hate the insane world we live in.

Wait. Since I feel this way, does that make me a McGill?

Sorry you all are feeling that way this morning (or last night). I LOVE this insane world we live in.

God made it for you and me to enjoy the journey we are on. I think the best thing we can do is try to make it a comfortable trip for our fellow travelers.

CNN will tell you the world is going to hell because of XYZ. Switch to Fox News and they will tell you the world is going to hell because of 1,2,3.

Come join me in the turkey woods this time of year right as dawn breaks and the sun lights up the redbuds and dogwoods and the birds break into song; or on a trout stream when the bugs are hatching and the stream side moss and ferns are so many shades of green you are not sure there’s even a human word to describe the variety.

This world is only as ugly as the stuff you choose to focus and dwell on and stew about.

If you ever have the epiphany like the great Thomas Merton that God exists fully in every person you meet (no matter how messy they may outwardly appear) you will be overcome by how wonderful and exciting this world is and how amazing it is just to meet new people, new and unique iterations of God.

Also, Go Vols!
I have to confess... I didn’t see Merton entering this thread
1618420303324.gif

BOOM!!!!!

tumblr_nbl7bqtMGg1qf46ceo2_250.gif

What is everyone’s thoughts on getting teens vaccinated? Doctor office just called and they have available doses for 2 of my eligible kids. Kids are healthy (16/18). Not sure risk/reward. I had both of mine but I’m older, fatter, and diabetic so it made since. Just haven’t heard much even online from teens getting vaccinated.
My 16 year old daughter got her second Pfizer Monday. It is obviously an individual choice. She has asthma so is a little more high risk than your typical 16 year old.

I don't want any more unneeded juice shot into my arm. I've been in the Army for 23 years. I've had my share.

Me - "Hey. What is this shot for."

(Medic mumbles something and inserts needle in my arm.)

Medic - "OK. If there is any soreness, swelling, or irritation around the injection site, go immediately to the ER. Have a nice day."
I’ve had them all as well lol 😂 and obviously even more

What is everyone’s thoughts on getting teens vaccinated? Doctor office just called and they have available doses for 2 of my eligible kids. Kids are healthy (16/18). Not sure risk/reward. I had both of mine but I’m older, fatter, and diabetic so it made since. Just haven’t heard much even online from teens getting vaccinated.
I mean I think they are old enough it shouldn’t be an issue. Especially if they don’t have any health issues. But, kids handle Covid better anyways, so.... it’s really a toss up.

Reactions: hooperj75
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back