Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
SweetasSoda said:
I was thinking as I read through this that I feel like McGill....hate the insane world we live in.

Wait. Since I feel this way, does that make me a McGill?

Sorry you all are feeling that way this morning (or last night). I LOVE this insane world we live in.

God made it for you and me to enjoy the journey we are on. I think the best thing we can do is try to make it a comfortable trip for our fellow travelers.

CNN will tell you the world is going to hell because of XYZ. Switch to Fox News and they will tell you the world is going to hell because of 1,2,3.

Come join me in the turkey woods this time of year right as dawn breaks and the sun lights up the redbuds and dogwoods and the birds break into song; or on a trout stream when the bugs are hatching and the stream side moss and ferns are so many shades of green you are not sure there’s even a human word to describe the variety.

This world is only as ugly as the stuff you choose to focus and dwell on and stew about.

If you ever have the epiphany like the great Thomas Merton that God exists fully in every person you meet (no matter how messy they may outwardly appear) you will be overcome by how wonderful and exciting this world is and how amazing it is just to meet new people, new and unique iterations of God.

Also, Go Vols!
I am not speaking of the beautiful world God created, everybody here knows how much I love the creation of the great Architect..I feel rejuvenated every single time I am able to go and experience nature.

We are talking about the world of men.

Long, mobile and has positive athleticism. Must get stronger and tougher. Functional athleticism will improve with strength gain. Has good shooting touch to behind the arc. Can finish with his off hand (left). Decent rebounder but needs more strength on the boards. Has good court awareness. Does not have much back to the basket game at this point. Good to great shot blocker. Has a lot of potential. Again, strength gain is vital.

Reactions: mikemist
Guys like this are great for Barnes, IFF they are willing to put in the work and change their bodies. We've seen at least 4 guys not pan out because they wouldn't work.

But I'm excited about this guy.
Yeah it seems like if Rick doesn't like your work ethic or attitude he's simply not going to play you. Even if you're a good player

SweetasSoda said:
I was thinking as I read through this that I feel like McGill....hate the insane world we live in.

Wait. Since I feel this way, does that make me a McGill?

Sorry you all are feeling that way this morning (or last night). I LOVE this insane world we live in.

God made it for you and me to enjoy the journey we are on. I think the best thing we can do is try to make it a comfortable trip for our fellow travelers.

CNN will tell you the world is going to hell because of XYZ. Switch to Fox News and they will tell you the world is going to hell because of 1,2,3.

Come join me in the turkey woods this time of year right as dawn breaks and the sun lights up the redbuds and dogwoods and the birds break into song; or on a trout stream when the bugs are hatching and the stream side moss and ferns are so many shades of green you are not sure there’s even a human word to describe the variety.

This world is only as ugly as the stuff you choose to focus and dwell on and stew about.

If you ever have the epiphany like the great Thomas Merton that God exists fully in every person you meet (no matter how messy they may outwardly appear) you will be overcome by how wonderful and exciting this world is and how amazing it is just to meet new people, new and unique iterations of God.

Also, Go Vols!

My yard on Monday. I've got a white one too.
20210412_085316.jpg

This character has 28 plates on the leg press, not even hitting 90 degree knee flexion, let alone full range of motion, lower back rounding so much he’s hovering off the seat, hard lock outs at the top... adding plates every moment.
I’m just trying to get out of here before I see something I can’t unsee
You can at least come over and say hi to me next time.

So on a lesser note, a boy that took my daughter to homecoming a few years ago decided that he would say some mean things about my daughter on social media. My daughter came home in tears. I came home from work as my wife is talking to the boy’s mother and getting no where. While my daughter is showing me the social media rudeness, my wife looks at me getting riled up.
She asks to speak to the boy’s dad. Dude gets on the phone with my wife. I hear her say that she is the only thing standing between me and the dad. That the boy has 60 minutes to erase everything from social media and post an acceptable apology or my wife will walk away and let me handle it. I had met son and dad and let’s just say that they were “petite.” As I was walking over to my wife, I heard him say “what’s he going to do? Call the police?” My wife’s response “ My husband is from Memphis Tennessee. They never call the police. He will handle this issue personally.”

Everything was taken care of... 😁
Been there, my oldest daughter had a boyfriend that would use an anonymous app to text her things like "you should kill yourself". She harmed herself. I took everything he ever gave her broke it or ripped it, threw it in his yard and stood across the road from his house, 1. thinking of bad things to do to him and his family 2. waiting for him to come out. I only left because the cops were at my house, her friend called.

He'd been filling my daughter's head with ideas that we didn't care for her and she was worthless. My wife, the logical one, convinced me to go to the police chief, who I have known for 25 years. He delivered a restraining order and told the boy and his family that he's known me and my family a long time and it would be in their best interest to never talk to my daughter again. He also mentioned that if they saw me out anywhere they should leave for their safety.

Last I heard, the boy got arrested for dealing drugs. The day I see him again though, I am going to straight smack him like the B**** he is for what he did to my daughter, no matter where we are.

There wasn't much internal support for it beyond Fulmer. The coaches didn't want to do it. Unless the new football staff pushes for it, there won't be much demand to resurrect it. I think the O&W game will be a temperature check for the program. If the turnout is good, they might do more.
Should be the other way around. If OW game is low turn out, they better get on the road to generate some excitement.

Should be the other way around. If OW game is low turn out, they better get on the road to generate some excitement.
I think they're very content to keep a low profile through this year and maybe next year as well.

Get through the sanctions and hopefully build a solid foundation in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back