Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
My fifteen year old started seeing a kid recently. He came over for dinner and there was just something about him that rubbed me the wrong way. She has often made poor decisions (She is a teenager) but the disrespect she began to show my wife and I was troubling. I started reading their text messages and saw very quickly that he was not a good person for her to have in her life. He called her names, told her she needed to make him some food, and told her about all the other girls he talked to and would ask if that was "okay". My daughter isn't happy with me right now, but I told her that I would never allow her to go on a date with him again ever so she might as well end the relationship. I hoped that I had raised her to have more self-respect but the age of social media and electronic self-worth seems to be ahead of me. I will never give up on my daughter because she is too incredible of a person to let randos on a website or some douche canoe of a boy to make her feel less than.

Sorry for the rant but it seems relevant with all the other parents telling their stories as well. Good luck and prayers to all the parents out there.
I have had the same issues with my girls...thankfully they made it through the stupid years.

I have had the same issues with my girls...thankfully they made it through the stupid years.

My wife has tried to tell me about some of the winners that she dated before she wised up and married me. Lol. She tells me she made it through and our girls will too.

I do not plan on getting my kids this vaccine. They are vaccinated against all of the stuff that kids normally get. All the vaccines that have been developed and tested over years of painful and expensive testing and safety requirements. I don't plan to dose them with something that was developed in less than a year and has so many potential side effects. We don't know how or if it could affect young peoples' ability to have children. Just way too many unknowns for me. Hard pass in our household.

I agree with all of this. My teens will not be vaccinated either. For all the reasons above and because the risks of children becoming ill from the virus is minuscule and the risks from the vaccine on children is unknown. I would have a different opinion if my teens had weakened immune systems for some reason.

I tricked her so bad!!! She is stuck with me now though!!!
iu

So HB is not all that and a bag of chips after a year... hope he isn't a bust, still has time to develop, but funny that so many on here thought it was a given "he's the answer". It will be interesting to see what CJH can do with this QB room with this coming season already on the horizon.
If he doesn't become the starter this year, he may have to prove himself somewhere else. There's a good chance that one of these three QB is probably gonna be in the portal this year.

Reactions: volinbama256
My fifteen year old started seeing a kid recently. He came over for dinner and there was just something about him that rubbed me the wrong way. She has often made poor decisions (She is a teenager) but the disrespect she began to show my wife and I was troubling. I started reading their text messages and saw very quickly that he was not a good person for her to have in her life. He called her names, told her she needed to make him some food, and told her about all the other girls he talked to and would ask if that was "okay". My daughter isn't happy with me right now, but I told her that I would never allow her to go on a date with him again ever so she might as well end the relationship. I hoped that I had raised her to have more self-respect but the age of social media and electronic self-worth seems to be ahead of me. I will never give up on my daughter because she is too incredible of a person to let randos on a website or some douche canoe of a boy to make her feel less than.

Sorry for the rant but it seems relevant with all the other parents telling their stories as well. Good luck and prayers to all the parents out there.

As a man who went through a playboy phase like that in my late teens-early twenties... I never want to have a daughter. I’d go bald the second she started high school.

90's will probably be viewed as the peak of Western Civilization. Soviets fell, future seemed to be peaceful. Then 9/11 happened and society and world started crumbling before we even knew it.

And since then...

Extreme poverty has dropped drastically, hunger has fallen, life expextancy continues to increase of course, but has increased drastically in Africa, child mortality has been cut in half, child labor is down, teen births in the US fell by 50% in just a decade, smoking is down a third, homicide is down, on and on. There hasn't even been a major worldwide conflict in almost 80 years.

The world is getting better, but people will focus on whatever their filter lets in I suppose.

So did AP really say it’s Hooker, HB then Maurer running 3rd? If so boy the Maurer stans who’ve been going on about how he was SEC Caliber in 2019 with the stats of 2 TD 5 INT 48% Completion are going to be BIG mad. The idiots never cease to amaze.

Not at all pro or anti-Maurer (I just want SOMEONE to kill it) but AP is the last person whose opinion I would trust at this point.

Jmo but the whole Pruitt thing showed us he takes sides and lets his bias get the best of him. A good media member should be completely disinterested.

What is everyone’s thoughts on getting teens vaccinated? Doctor office just called and they have available doses for 2 of my eligible kids. Kids are healthy (16/18). Not sure risk/reward. I had both of mine but I’m older, fatter, and diabetic so it made since. Just haven’t heard much even online from teens getting vaccinated.

My stepson is 16 and got his first shot Monday. Studies on the Phizer vaccine are showing great results and few side effects for that age range. I’m not concerned about it at all.

I’m about to do the same. Had my 2nd Pfizer this morning and I feel the chills and headache already. My wife sent me to bed a half hour ago. Guess it’s Netflix and chill all day tomorrow. 🤒
I guess it's different with everyone. My wife and I had our 2nd Pfizer shot this morning and neither of us is having any reaction. It's just another day in my life.

Per Rob Lewis:

This is second hand, so I’m not going to vouch for it being 100% accurate, but I know there’s a lot interest in the topic of Jonas Aidoo so wanted to pass along what I was hearing. Was told tonight that the zoom call with UNC coaches was something short of a roaring success for the Tar Heels.

These guys don't know sh^t. What's he saying today now that the kid has committed to UT :cool::cool::cool:

With all this political uproar how long will it be before either the NCAA ,SEC, Sponsors or a Major Network crosses the line and goes too far with the cancel culture that we are seeing. Bowl games are a huge draw for TV dollars and with the MLB All Star game being moved what happens to the SEC Championship. What about other bowls in other states that pass laws that the sponsors, Universities and media don't agree with? How long before customers and fans start a backlash of their own, then who wins ? The sadly funny part is when the money stops flowing then the big businesses that are acting like they care now will become silent, it's all about the dollar and nothing more. I wish we could all just get along, simple but hard at the same time I know but I guess if we expect more from each other we just may get it.
It's basically called cutting their own throats :cool::cool:

Reactions: thistime
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back