UT Basketball lands Aidoo

tenor.gif

That reminds me - I need to renew my title, move my partition, call my dietitian, feed my titmouse, and cheer for the Titans.

Very excited that he puts up nice rebounding stats. I keep hoping we will land a big that can average 8 boards a game. Hopefully he's one that can. I don't know that he will ever add much mass though. I don't really remember seeing too many of these tall slender players gain a lot of weight, especially in a short time. Always seems far more likely you'll see a bigger guy slim down.

Very excited that he puts up nice rebounding stats. I keep hoping we will land a big that can average 8 boards a game. Hopefully he's one that can. I don't know that he will ever add much mass though. I don't really remember seeing too many of these tall slender players gain a lot of weight, especially in a short time. Always seems far more likely you'll see a bigger guy slim down.
Agreed. Aidoo seems like a true stretch 5, so we may not see him add that much weight. I've only seen guards and smaller forwards bulk up under Barnes. Should still be able to rebound plenty at the next level.

Really good player. His best days are ahead of him. He has NBA written all over him. Can score inside with either hand!! He is going to be a load for the Vols!!!!! Quick and Athletic and a good defender.
And has a Point guard that will feed him in the low post.

Reactions: vol94 and i2amavol
Much of a drop off from this year? If we drop off any from this year, we won’t make any tournament.

We easily made the tournament this year, we just played badly when we got there. A 12 seed is barely making the tournament.

These are the kids you build a program around. Aidoo, Mashack and the french kid should be here multiple years and provide the talent and stability to UT that helped Baylor and Gonzaga compete for a title. I'm not saying to never take a likely one and done but that is not the path to championships imo.
But now with a decent core...sprinkle some superstars on it🚀

What a class. If the French player name escaping me was here a year earlier to get ranked which he would be top 100 player this class would be 2 with this commitment and if BHH commit and reclassifiy easy number 1 class. Welcome Me Aidoo. In CHRIST Alone

He’s always been able to recruit. The problem is his lack of championship banners.
Yes, but to that I’d say you have to be “in play” year in year out before you take that next step...other than having a “one off” type year. Rick has built the expectation that we will compete at the highest level, and develop players for NBA. All that rolls up to better opportunities to compete for championship

What a class. If the French player name escaping me was here a year earlier to get ranked which he would be top 100 player this class would be 2 with this commitment and if BHH commit and reclassifiy easy number 1 class. Welcome Me Aidoo. In CHRIST Alone
Is this a VN pie in the sky... or something that might really happen?

The 🦒 is a superstar and I wouldn't be shocked if him, Chandler and BHH are all 3, one and done

We easily made the tournament this year, we just played badly when we got there. A 12 seed is barely making the tournament.

So you’ll be happy with a first round exit in the tourney again? We finished the year with an 8 - 8 record. I certainly hope we finish the last half of our schedule next year like the first half of this year. I’m looking for a final 4 as the bare minimum for next year. It’s about damn time!

So you’ll be happy with a first round exit in the tourney again? We finished the year with an 8 - 8 record. I certainly hope we finish the last half of our schedule next year like the first half of this year. I’m looking for a final 4 as the bare minimum for next year. It’s about damn time!

Lol...I shake my head at this stuff.

VN Store

Back