The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

I’ve bought some ammo from SGAmmo and been pleased. But they have some listed today at 2x the price of the exact ammo I saw for sale at Midway this weekend.

I’ve bought some ammo from SGAmmo and been pleased. But they have some listed today at 2x the price of the exact ammo I saw for sale at Midway this weekend.

Yep I've noticed that they haven't really been that competitive in the market for the past several months. Granted I've only been looking at 300 BLK and 6.5 Creedmoor, and a little 223/556. My guess is that they're either not that interested in competing like the other sites (offer 200 boxes at 50% of the market, sell it all in 10 minutes, and then sell the rest later at market prices) or their supply chain dried up. Too bad really as Sam and his company have been great to deal with. I only started 5 years ago but he had the best deals going for a long time.

Picked up a 1938 Swiss K31 straight pull with all matching numbers including bayonet. 720 rounds of ammo. View attachment 361476
If that rifle was made today it would literally be $5000-$7000. The bolt is an absolute work of art. Excellent pick up, sir.

Take the buttplate off and there’s likely a card underneath with the name of the citizen soldier who was issued that rifle. Also it looks like you scored the rarer walnut stock. They’re usually beech.

If that rifle was made today it would literally be $5000-$7000. The bolt is an absolute work of art. Excellent pick up, sir.

Take the buttplate off and there’s likely a card underneath with the name of the citizen soldier who was issued that rifle. Also it looks like you scored the rarer walnut stock. They’re usually beech.
I about shat myself when I saw it. I’ve never seen one in person. Only videos or pictures. You know how hard it is to not act like you’re winning the lottery looking at a gun when the guys around you have no idea what it is. The gun shop guy knew what it was but it was a consignment and he just puts them out for whatever people ask for them.
Needless to say I’m happy to have one but to get one in this condition is unbelievable to me.

Thanks. I’ll check for a name and let you know

I about shat myself when I saw it. I’ve never seen one in person. Only videos or pictures. You know how hard it is to not act like you’re winning the lottery looking at a gun when the guys around you have no idea what it is. The gun shop guy knew what it was but it was a consignment and he just puts them out for whatever people ask for them.
Needless to say I’m happy to have one but to get one in this condition is unbelievable to me.

Thanks. I’ll check for a name and let you know
Scoring that much ammo for it is a treat too. If it’s the Swiss made ammo it’s highly accurate. You, sir, had a wonderful day.

Reactions: tbh and InVOLuntary
I’m told the stock is “not right” but everything else is as it should be. A guy I trust has seen it so I feel good about the possibility.
Pics soon

Finding a unhacked stock on any Mauser seems to be a rare find. I've spent more on restocking a few of mine then the price I paid for the firearm.

Reactions: Orangeslice13

VN Store

Back