Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
There has been greats in all pro sports in totally different eras. I would argue if you were choosing the greatest in NBA before the 70's, then Chamberlain, Russell, Elgin Baylor, Jerry West, Maravich etc would all have a great case for GOATS. Then the 80's with Dr. J, Walt Frazier, etc had some greats. Baseball, we debate Aaron, Ruth, Mantle, Gherig, Dimaggio, Bonds etc, but what about Ty Cobb, Wagner, Rose, Ted Williams, Stan Musial not to mention all the great pitchers from yesteryear like Bob Gibson, Bob Feller, Koufax, Drysdale, and Cy Young. And then think about all the greats from different eras of the NFL. Everyone or most today would argue Brady is the GOAT just because of what he's done over the last 15 years but for us 60+ I guarantee we could name several from way back who were great in a much tougher, meaner era of pro football. And I would also bet had Brady played during the 50's, 60's or 70's, he would probably have retired after playing 10 to 12 years if his body would have held up.

There has been greats in all pro sports in totally different eras. I would argue if you were choosing the greatest in NBA before the 70's, then Chamberlain, Russell, Elgin Baylor, Jerry West, Maravich etc would all have a great case for GOATS. Then the 80's with Dr. J, Walt Frazier, etc had some greats. Baseball, we debate Aaron, Ruth, Mantle, Gherig, Dimaggio, Bonds etc, but what about Ty Cobb, Wagner, Rose, Ted Williams, Stan Musial not to mention all the great pitchers from yesteryear like Bob Gibson, Bob Feller, Koufax, Drysdale, and Cy Young. And then think about all the greats from different eras of the NFL. Everyone or most today would argue Brady is the GOAT just because of what he's done over the last 15 years but for us 60+ I guarantee we could name several from way back who were great in a much tougher, meaner era of pro football. And I would also bet had Brady played during the 50's, 60's or 70's, he would probably have retired after playing 10 to 12 years if his body would have held up.
one thing's for sure. had Brady played in 50,60's, or 70's that crying wouldnt have gone far.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Uncharted territory. No way to spin it, it's not looking good
You guys are whiny. If CJH were stocking up with 3*s just to get numbers to appease you, you would all be whining.

And I will spin it. I’m not worried because i have an idea of the situation. It’s not pretty, but CJH didn’t sign up for pretty.

Really close to greatest choke job ever..if that ball on 13 doesn't bounce left instead of right off that tree he would have been at least been in a playoff with Zalatoris after having a six shot lead with eight holes left.

He won because the course softened up immensely for one little stretch after the rain on saturday, and to his credit he recognized it and took advantage and then held on. I felt horrible for Shuffles, but what in the heck was he thinking on 16?
A lot of ifs and buts in that statement. Overall, some really solid golf from Matsuyama. Kept everyone at arms length throughout the day and did what he needed to do at the end.

I’m a Bird fan, Lebron would have a rough time against the Pitons (Bad Boys) he would have came inside the 3 point line, come to think about he don’t now. Jordan, Magic, Bird wanted to beat the best, Lebron wants the best on his team. Big difference. Hard to compare era Oscar could be the goat. Easier to compare by positions and Lebron still wouldn’t make my starting five.
Jordan always had Pippen. Lebron won a championship in Cleveland. Lots of stars on the Cavaliers, right?

Uncharted territory. No way to spin it, it's not looking good
And as far as uncharted territory: Is CJH also not in uncharted territory taking over a program in late January (having to rebuild all recruiting relationships) while under an UNPRECEDENTED year long dead period?

So, here’s the other side of the coin: CJH is rebuilding relationships with prospects he’s likely never met expect on a Zoom call. Do you think he’d also like to see some of these kids before making them the bedrock foundation to his program and for the success of his name going forward? Just food for thought.

You guys are whiny. If CJH were stocking up with 3*s just to get numbers to appease you, you would all be whining.

And I will spin it. I’m not worried because i have an idea of the situation. It’s not pretty, but CJH didn’t sign up for pretty.
Not gun sign a single playa in thissa class!
- Gucci prolly

Man! I miss boxing too. Hate the corruption that ruined it.
Remember not having cable TV. But, each year Dad would get a VHS from SI for renewing. He had highlight videos for Tyson, Ali, and Sugar Ray. Man, talk about classic. Ray-Hearns, Liston-Ali, and all those great fights! Recall going to Friday Night Fights at BMS back in day. Never boxed, always wanted too. Such an art form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back