Transfer Portal 21-22

Has Coach Harper publicly stated that she is even looking for players in the portal? She has a pretty full roster already and may be perfectly content with the players she already has. After all, the portal isn't exactly overflowing with first team AP All-Americans. Not every coach in America is desperate for just another warm body or another role player.

Hold please ...

The same reason we didn't like Spurrier and Florida, or Saban and Bama, or Geno and UConn. They are/were our main rival or our major obstacle, we fear they may threaten our record, etc.. Take criticism as a weird way of showing respect.
And same reason the rest of WBB fans dissed Pat and the Invincible Lady Vols back in the heyday. Respected the hell out of her, but always hoped we lost and gleefully picked apart everything. Badge of honor for consistent champions.
When's the deadline?
I think I heard July? Seems like it will be all over but the shouting by then though. Impossible to imagine anyone waiting much longer at all with the heavy volume of transfer traffic we've already seen.

Of course top transfer prospects could already be locked up with a new team, just not announced yet. You know, like the primo PG and the awesome 6"8" post that KJH is holding out on us about.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1reVOLver
Has Coach Harper publicly stated that she is even looking for players in the portal? She has a pretty full roster already and may be perfectly content with the players she already has. After all, the portal isn't exactly overflowing with first team AP All-Americans. Not every coach in America is desperate for just another warm body or another role player.

I have followed the lady Vols recruiting for years . It was fun reading every day and sometimes by the hour about this player and that player ! Who else was recruiting them and our perceived chances of getting them to commit! But these conversations are not going to happen with this coaching staff !

Our latest recruit (Justine) for 2022 , no one knew of her till we had a verbal commitment!
But if you read on about her and her family, you find out that UT had been pursuing her quite heavily? 🤷‍♂️ How can a school HEAVILY RECRUIT a player and NOBODY knows her name much less that this kid is from New Jersey! Not from Tennessee or Georgia or Alabama like Puckett and Stricklin..... Just WOW , who would have thought about a Jersey girl ? We will find out about our next recruit in due time or Kellies/due time ! JMO

Well I actually only made observations of what happened in the past and were as recent as of this past season. It’s been well noted that the mom has not been shy about her comments and tweets about the LVs and then she did it again with ND this year. That’s what i said a lot of people get twisted and include the daughter in.

I have no issue with Annie or the rest of the crew. Actually the plan for them has always been for them to play together in college so i’m glad that planned worked out for the family.

Also, while you “stated the obvious” about our players and i just provided a counter points to your points that were obvious as well. Wasn’t here for an argument you posted a comment i posted something about what you posted. Is that not what we are supposed to do here ?
Who’s arguing? I don’t go around judging others based off the next person’s actions! But y’all have at it.

I'd like to read the entire article.
Where can I find it ?
After the season, we have individual meetings with all our players,” Harper said. “We discuss what’s best for the individual and the team. Then, we make decisions from there.”
The gains should outweigh the losses. Harper believes UT’s five signees in the nation’s 15th-ranked recruiting class all could have an impact as freshmen. She also has room for several transfers.
“When we look at the portal, we’re not closed off on anything,” Harper said. “If we bring in someone, it will enhance our basketball team.”
Bringing back an experienced post player who’s an aggressive rebounder might help more than anything else.
I got this much of it don't know who that fifth signee is must be an error.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
The rule hasn't officially passed yet so there are no guidelines that I'm aware of. Does it look to you like the top players are waiting around to find out?

If we strikeout, I guess we'll know sometime in June. Until then, we just enjoy the conversation, right?

After the season, we have individual meetings with all our players,” Harper said. “We discuss what’s best for the individual and the team. Then, we make decisions from there.”
The gains should outweigh the losses. Harper believes UT’s five signees in the nation’s 15th-ranked recruiting class all could have an impact as freshmen. She also has room for several transfers.
“When we look at the portal, we’re not closed off on anything,” Harper said. “If we bring in someone, it will enhance our basketball team.”
Bringing back an experienced post player who’s an aggressive rebounder might help more than anything else.
could I have the link for this

Does make you wonder if we’ve signed a transfer already and they’re just not saying anything lol. This staff is so secretive. I find it kind of fun!

Does make you wonder if we’ve signed a transfer already and they’re just not saying anything lol. This staff is so secretive. I find it kind of fun!
It also makes you wonder if some players or a player is not going to be on the team not necessarily determined yet or not entering the portal. Plenty of room for transfers is either a false statement or we don't know everything.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

VN Store

Back