All things STOCKS

Investors should consider re-tooling portfolios away from long-duration and rate-sensitive sectors and toward pro-cyclical allocations, emphasizing short duration, value and quality in equity and fixed income.

@Thunder Good-Oil where is value and quality in fixed income? Everything is extremely low return (<1%).

Reactions: Danl
Investors should consider re-tooling portfolios away from long-duration and rate-sensitive sectors and toward pro-cyclical allocations, emphasizing short duration, value and quality in equity and fixed income.

@Thunder Good-Oil where is value and quality in fixed income? Everything is extremely low return (<1%).
It seems to me they are trying to prepare for a market downturn by saying "start dipping your toe in the bond market even if the returns aren't great."

From that article, they are pegging a downturn maybe two years away? More? Less?

It seems to me they are trying to prepare for a market downturn by saying "start dipping your toe in the bond market even if the returns aren't great."

From that article, they are pegging a downturn maybe two years away? More? Less?

Maybe but they did say this.

This hotter but shorter cycle will likely bring elevated interest rate volatility along with headwinds for both stocks and bonds.

I would think names with lower p/es and dividend yields greater than bond interest. Also bonds as rates bounce up and prices fall. Maybe utilities. Healthcare and financials most likely won’t soar like the companies getting so much attention of late, but they could certainly give 10-15% returns. Big oil with those yields would really only need to hold their share prices to offer good returns. I am surprised that their dividends haven’t been massively slashed yet... maybe they’ve managed to weather the difficult environment. VZ and T are similar. I think that wireless providers aren’t in a bad spot. They’ve also diversified a bit with larger footprints in content which means that they can develop an alternate revenue stream from advertising instead of just subscriber fees.

I would think names with lower p/es and dividend yields greater than bond interest. Also bonds as rates bounce up and prices fall. Maybe utilities. Healthcare and financials most likely won’t soar like the companies getting so much attention of late, but they could certainly give 10-15% returns. Big oil with those yields would really only need to hold their share prices to offer good returns. I am surprised that their dividends haven’t been massively slashed yet... maybe they’ve managed to weather the difficult environment. VZ and T are similar. I think that wireless providers aren’t in a bad spot. They’ve also diversified a bit with larger footprints in content which means that they can develop an alternate revenue stream from advertising instead of just subscriber fees.

I have VZ and MO to stay with.

TSLA. In 5 years it will likely be lower than where it is today. Too much competition, and Tesla is not a particularly trouble free car.
LOL, last time I felt this strong about a stock was probably Apple 20-25 years ago.:eek:

COST, It will double in 5 years, maybe triple. I recently bought quite a bit. There will be Many more stores, and copy cat Amazon? At least some of their ideas.

What is LOL? Autocorrect?

I hope you're right about Costco. I'm sick to death of not having one around the Tri-cities. Seriously.

What is LOL? Autocorrect?

I hope you're right about Costco. I'm sick to death of not having one around the Tri-cities. Seriously.
Oops, sorry. Lol is laugh out loud. I was wrong about Apple years ago. Dead wrong. I have bought and sold it 4 times and made money each time, but not as much as if I'd bought and held. I own it now.
Hope TSLA today isnt my APPL of yesterday. I just can't see the value.

Yep, I live on The east side of Nashville and Costco is on the west side and Franklin. We could use one in Hermitage/Mt. Juliet and the goodlettsville/hendersville area.

Last edited:
Took a small dabble into the penny market with $BHAT at $1.39 this afternoon for a swing into the weekend. ER was actually pretty decent, but it couldn't hold it's gains this morning. Nice bullish convergence set up here.

Hey fellas—keep an eye on BCTX. I’m in from 4.20’s but I’m looking for at least $7.50. Monday morning gonna be YUGE. Super low float.

Space tractors?

Cathie Wood Adds These Stocks To The Newly-Created Space Exploration ETF And Others
4/7/21, 11:43 PM
April 7, 2021 11:39 PM ET (BZ Newswire) -- News

Cathie Wood’s Ark Investment Management sends out an email every night listing the stocks that were bought or sold by the firm's ETFs that day. In recent months, the emails have known to cause certain stocks to see a spike in the after-hours session. Here’s a list of 35 stocks that the hedge fund bought and sold on Wednesday.

Trades For Ark Space Exploration & Innovation ETF(NYSE:ARKX):

Atlas Crest Investment Corp (NYSE:ACIC): Bought 141,100 shares of the blank check company, representing about 0.2503% of the ETF.

Atlas Crest shares closed 1.57% lower at $10.06 on Wednesday and were up 1.89% in after-hours trading. The stock has a 52-week high of $18.60 and low of $9.73.

Jaws Spitfire Acquisition Corp (NYSE:SPFR): Bought 241,618 shares of the blank check company, representing about 0.4389% of the ETF.

Jaws stock closed 0.3% higher at $10.46 on Wednesday and rose 1.91% in the after-hours. It has a 52-week high of $12.10 and low of $9.95.

Iridium Communications Inc (NASDAQ:IRDM): Bought 35,963 shares of the mobile satellite communications services, representing about 0.2525% of the ETF.

See Also: The First 39 Companies In Cathie Wood's Ark Invest Space ETF

Iridium shares closed 2.05% lower at $40.07 and were up 1.07% in after-hours trading. The stock has a 52-week high of $54.65 and low of $19.18.

Reinvent Technology Partners (NYSE:RTP): Bought 140,900 shares of the blank-check company, representing 0.2496% of the ETF.

Reinvent shares closed 0.39% lower at $10.11 and were up 1% in after-hours trading. The stock has a 52-week high of $17 and low of $9.86.

Teradyne Inc (NASDAQ:TER): Sold 11,302 shares of the equipment design and manufacturing company, representing about 0.259% of the ETF.

Teradyne shares closed 0.45% lower at $131.78. The stock has a 52-week high of $147.90 and low of $56.42.

Deere & Co (NYSE:DE): Sold 7,781 shares of the agriculture, construction and forestry equipment maker, representing about 0.5072% of the ETF.

Deere shares closed 0.22% lower at $374.79.The stock has a 52-week high of $392.42 and low of $117.85.

AeroVironment Inc (NASDAQ:AVAV): Sold 5,100 shares in the California-headquartered defense contractor, representing about 0.10% of the ETF.

AeroVironment stock closed 3.44% lower at $113.37 on Wednesday. It has a 52-week high of $143.72 and low of $53.15.

Taiwan Semiconductor Mfg. Co (NYSE:TSM): Sold 28,749 shares in the semiconductor manufacturing and design company, representing about 0.603% of the ETF.

Taiwan Semiconductor stock closed 2.08% lower at $119.89 on Wednesday. It has a 52-week high of $142.20 and low of $47.72.

New play is $CLDR. I think it's bottomed out and I'm looking for retracement. Average TP of $15.71. Very nice growth during the pandemic and it's recent drop seems to be caused by weak guidance during their earnings call. I'm also liking the technology sector to continue to heat up like it has been over the last month. It also has a gap to fill back to $14.50

Nice pop this afternoon on collaboration news, though it's cooled off for now. I'd expect some increases in PTs in the near future.

VN Store

Back