All things STOCKS

The news of that danger came out a few months ago. They were supposed to fix the dam things.

I’ve never liked that stock. People use treadmills and stationary bikes to hang their clothes on after a few months of owning them. They’re going to pay a subscription of $40/month as well?
So, you think $5000 is too much to pay for a treadmill?

Presents a pretty good buying opportunity if it drops. Kinda like chipotle with their ecoli or salmonella issues. Can’t remember which one specifically.

Presents a pretty good buying opportunity if it drops. Kinda like chipotle with their ecoli or salmonella issues. Can’t remember which one specifically.

It has a long way to drop. It’s still around 4x the 52 week low and has a p/e north of 200x. There can’t be enough rich soccer moms left out there to create growth. Chipotle was in a sweet spot when the pandemic hit. So was Peleton. I think the latter won’t be able to sustain their place. I would think that Peleton is close to being fully penetrated. Chipotle can build a whole lot more stores.

I’d compare Peleton more to GoPro and FitBit. If I was interested in buying into Peleton I’d want to see the detail on their subscriber counts which does differentiate them from other wellness/equipment companies. If the economy tanks those subs counts will almost certainly go into decline. Peleton versus Planet Fitness will be an interesting competition to keep an eye on as the country emerges from the pandemic. Even with the vaccine I’m apprehensive about heading to a club.

Going to be a bad week for Cathie.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Maybe not. It had already pulled back nearly 20%. Too much money looking for a place to be invested. This might be a good entry point for TSLA if it holds on this week. Long term I feel that home power systems will be an industry that they could dominate. I think that they should move away from their own vehicle brand and instead partner with the legacy names as they switch to EVs.

Reactions: bpalmer28
ISRG looking good today....
I've been trading ISRG for about a year. I talked with a Dr. who was going to operate on me using robotics, and he spoke highly of the company's products. Doesn't mean they will make money, but it's a good start.
It's easy to buy and sell at a profit. 50 to 100 point swings happened fairly often, just not typically in one day. Funds trading causing the price swings?

Last edited:
Market has been pretty good for me. No complaints.

Question: On Squawk this morning they were talking about a proposed 50 basis point transaction fee on stock trades. How do you think that will impact you guys? Obviously, it's not likely to go through, but if it did how would you react?

Market has been pretty good for me. No complaints.

Question: On Squawk this morning they were talking about a proposed 50 basis point transaction fee on stock trades. How do you think that will impact you guys? Obviously, it's not likely to go through, but if it did how would you react?

A half percent to open a position and another half a percent to close it is government overstepping. It would probably be net negative to taxes collected since traders are taxed at ordinary rates and some would be discouraged from continuing when giving that big of a piece to the government. So some elected officials think it is fine to take 1% of the total PLUS 30% +\- of any profits. Plus taxes on any profits made by the corporations themselves. This is so effed up.

A half percent to open a position and another half a percent to close it is government overstepping. It would probably be net negative to taxes collected since traders are taxed at ordinary rates and some would be discouraged from continuing when giving that big of a piece to the government. So some elected officials think it is fine to take 1% of the total PLUS 30% +\- of any profits. Plus taxes on any profits made by the corporations themselves. This is so effed up.

I enjoy your responses, you know the business... Probably better than I do these days. I've been retired for 10 years. Don't know if you saw it but I think they were talking about 50 bps on stock transactions, 10 bps on bonds and 5 bps on options. The funds would be used to pay 90% of the tuition cost to all state universities. Basically making college free.... Assuming the universities don't continue to jack tuition rates.

VN Store

Back