Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is an exaggeration of course, but you understand what I mean. If we added Dillon Gabriel to our QB room right now, then it would make our QB room better.
If you take somebody else’s starting QB? Sure. But the comparison is our respective QB rooms NOW. If he’s the only productive QB in that room when the season concludes and we have 3? We’re better. Just need time to make the final judgement

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
If you take somebody else’s starting QB? Sure. But the comparison is our respective QB rooms NOW. If he’s the only productive QB in that room when the season concludes and we have 3? We’re better. Just need time to make the final judgement
His production is greater than all 3 of our QBs combined from last year...

HB, BM, and HH combined for 1,926 passing yards and 13 TDs

Dillon Gabriel had 3,570 yards and 32 touchdowns by himself. Sure these stats are skewed some from the fact that he played an entire season, but if you extrapolate out an entire year it is still not close. Yes, the systems were different and yes CJH runs a more QB friendly system. However, I think it is safe to say he would rather have Gabriel as his QB than the three we have now.

Dillon Gabriel has NEVER won a game against a top 40 defense. He is 0-5 and his Passer rating in those games is 112.10. He is 16-2 against defenses with an average ranking of 83. I'm not sure he could ride in here and fare all that well against most of our SEC opponents all by himself. jmo.
Has Henden Hooker won a game against a top-40 defense, because we know Bailey and Maurer have not.

His production is greater than all 3 of our QBs combined from last year...

HB, BM, and HH combined for 1,926 passing yards and 13 TDs

Dillon Gabriel had 3,570 yards and 32 touchdowns by himself. Sure these stats are skewed some from the fact that he played an entire season, but if you extrapolate out an entire year it is still not close. Yes, the systems were different and yes CJH runs a more QB friendly system. However, I think it is safe to say he would rather have Gabriel as his QB than the three we have now.
Maybe based off experience.... I bet there is more talent in our QB room than what Dillon Gabriel possesses.

Dillon Gabriel has NEVER won a game against a top 40 defense. He is 0-5 and his Passer rating in those games is 112.10. He is 16-2 against defenses with an average ranking of 83. I'm not sure he could ride in here and fare all that well against most of our SEC opponents all by himself. jmo.
I am going to assume he does. Looks like he beat some good teams in 2019.

They kicked them in the Testaverde.
I will never forget stupid Tim Brandt having a joygasm while exclaiming right before kickoff "They are going to test them deep, test them early, and Testaverde may"...that was my favorite game ever...we were given no chance by anybody to beat those arrogant jagoffs, much less beat the ever livin crap out of them like that.

Arizona fires Sean Miller. Will Wade just moved to the edge of his seat.
They fired Miller Bc he wasnt finishing at the top of the league. His last three years was Mid as hell.
That scandal was long overlooked.
top it off the new women’s coach comes in and wins a NIT and reaches a final in 2 years. O hell nogood bye Sean!

And that is fine to bet that. However, there is no evidence as of right now to make that claim.
There is no evidence because there has yet to be any significant development time. You're using this to run down our current QB room when we all know that Baily, Maurer and Shrout have had no development and not much significant game experience. It is not even close to apples to apples.

This falls in line with Heupel's offense struggling vs higher ranked teams as well. Hope its more on Gabriel and the overall lesser talent at UCF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back