Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coach Jerry Mack speaking yesterday about Jabari Small -

In other news -

c432ba67-60a4-4ccb-b4d2-13f7ae88c4a9_1140x641.jpg
The bestest team. Dang allergies.

This is the first look at this team for this staff. Not sure why all the freaking out. Its going to take more than 6 practices for these coaches to figure out who goes where and what is the best position for them. I believe they will know exactly who they need to go after in the portal after Spring practice. I wouldn't be surprise if they went all D positions cause it seems to be a bigger need there than the O. Not saying that there isn't need on the O side but the D side is really thin in certain positions and depth.
Nobody @Freaks out like VN.

Can somebody send this to the recruiting staff as talking points against going to the Bamas, Clemsons, OSUs, and UGAs of the world?

Club Shay Shay (@ClubShayShay) Tweeted:
.@A_Kamara6 on being at Alabama with Derrick Henry, TJ Yeldon & Kenyan Drake:

“Not thinking there’s 7 guys, 1 football and 10 games. We get into the room for the first RB meeting, me and Altee looking around the room like: ‘Man we dumb as hell, what are we doing here?’” 😂 https://t.co/FR6GQqQn8O

You gotta love AK

Honestly I'm glad to hear the new staff isn't happy with the QB room. How could they be? We've had an incompetent idiot developing those guys for the last 3 seasons.

It's going to take work, but I think they'll get one of those guys ready by Fall and if bringing in a transfer is the motivation required to do it then so be it.

Honestly I'm glad to hear the new staff isn't happy with the QB room. How could they be? We've had an incompetent idiot developing those guys for the last 3 seasons.

It's going to take work, but I think they'll get one of those guys ready by Fall and if bringing in a transfer is the motivation required to do it then so be it.
One thing I've seen people talk about regarding this offense is you need a QB who is not afraid to sling the ball around and not afraid to make mistakes.

The #1 attribute is decisiveness - and I think that's why we see Maurer getting first-team reps.

Reactions: SmokinBob
I don't believe CJH is disappointed in the QB room... you can't tell me his old QB room was any better overall than our current one, and everyone there is better than JG... Maybe because he actually knows what he is doing, he sees so much more potential and the fact that there may be a room full of underdeveloped players that should be farther along/better developed at this point and sees potential being wasted...

One thing I've seen people talk about regarding this offense is you need a QB who is not afraid to sling the ball around and not afraid to make mistakes.

The #1 attribute is decisiveness - and I think that's why we see Maurer getting first-team reps.

That "unconsciousness" attitude, ya need a Brett Favre kinda guy who will just fling it. Hopefully Bailey hasn't had that coached out of him. I think Salter if he was available would also have that natural fearlessness.

Heupel's job to heal that room . JG isn't starting or waiting in the wings if they fart in the huddle.
They have to re-learn that they are the alpha male (each and every one of them) not who the coaching staff crowned.

I don't believe CJH is disappointed in the QB room... you can't tell me his old QB room was any better overall than our current one, and everyone there is better than JG... Maybe because he actually knows what he is doing, he sees so much more potential and the fact that there may be a room full of underdeveloped players that should be farther along/better developed at this point and sees potential being wasted...
I am not saying he is disappointed in the QB room, but UCF's QB room was way better than ours because they had a guy named Dillon Gabriel.
1617806043198.png

Reactions: VolByLaw

We need a Tyler Bray 2.0. Could you imagine Bray in this offense?

I regard it the same as “reports” in years past that Chaney preferred dual threat QBs and hated Bailey. Never heard it from the man himself and it wasn’t the type of QB he had extensively developed over his long career...so fan message board fiction.

A good coach is never happy......

Should easily handle Vandy. South Carolinas roster is even worse than ours, so we should win that one too. 3 easy OOC games in theoey. 5-7 should be the floor. But it is UT we are talking about
South Carolina would of beat us handily layer in the season. Same way with Missou. We were fortunate not to be 1-9.

I’d say a good coach is never satisfied. They can like what they have and be happy with the good, but still want/expect more.
I mean what do you expect them to say? “We are all set at QB, all of these guys are NFL QBs”

1. That would be a lie.
2. That’s just not how coaches talk.

If you’re going strictly off tape, Hooker easily had the best and he’s a transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back