MLB cancels ASG in Atlanta

It doesn't to me. I was just responding to your sewage about allowing criminals to vote once they have paid their dues. Let them vote if they want, they're not exactly model citizens that were interested in politics before they went to prison.
That’s fine, think of them what you will. They should still have the ability to vote if not currently serving a punishment.

If you want voter ID across the board, then just give everyone automatic voter registration with a voter ID when they come of age. If they move states/localities then it’s up to them to update it. Problem solved.
1. i don't want voter ID across the board.
2. registration/participation should only be active. Americans should be able to determine their own participation without pressure from the government.
3. registration for participation is a restriction. and again, unless you are fine with that for all rights, its a non starter for me.

then you know most of them were elected at some point.
That’s false unless you’re just talking about the last 200 years. Most of them inherited their roles or took it by force. Widespread democracy is a relatively new idea historically speaking.

1. i don't want voter ID across the board.
2. registration/participation should only be active. Americans should be able to determine their own participation without pressure from the government.
3. registration for participation is a restriction. and again, unless you are fine with that for all rights, its a non starter for me.
I didn’t mention anything about mandatory participation.

Also, if everyone is automatically registered, how is that a restriction?

That’s false unless you’re just talking about the last 200 years. Most of them inherited their roles or took it by force. Widespread democracy is a relatively new idea historically speaking.

Ok so you win. Only over the last 200 or so years have the majority of murderous dictators been elected at some point.

You know that old saying about you have to go through Atlanta to get to hell, but I have to think that connection is better there than here.
Say what you will about ATL. That place is a machine. Nowhere else moves airplanes and people as efficiently as they do, and they have some of the best controllers on the planet.

Say what you will about ATL. That place is a machine. Nowhere else moves airplanes and people as efficiently as they do, and they have some of the best controllers on the planet.

I love connecting through Atlanta. Most terminals are alike, an efficient train runs through the center of each, and there’s plenty to do there.

Reactions: AM64
If you want voter ID across the board, then just give everyone automatic voter registration with a voter ID when they come of age. If they move states/localities then it’s up to them to update it. Problem solved.

I don't have a problem with this but it's not materially different than what Georgia is doing. Even if everyone gets one at 18 that person still has to provide a photo and do some paper work. In Georgia you can do that for free at any county registrar if you don't already have another form of photo ID. The effort required is the same.

Not a restriction but it bloats the voter roles with people who move. When voter role purges occur people cry foul.
Well maybe instead of some of the completely useless things our government does, they could spend a little time, effort, and money into creating a legitimate system that is proactive, user friendly, keeps up with it.

Well maybe instead of some of the completely useless things our government does, they could spend a little time, effort, and money into creating a legitimate system that is proactive, user friendly, keeps up with it.

all for it but won't hold my breath.

some states have the vote by mail figured out pretty well. Interestingly, in Colorado which is one with a high % of vote by mail one needs a photo ID to set up their vote by mail option.

VN Store

Back