Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

YEAH, she went to UConn and was the starting PG on a final four team!! That'll show her!!!!

I do regret her leaving. She was the missing piece for the LVs this seaosn. I think with Evina, the LVs would have been a pretty good chance at making the final four as well.

Definitely not their PG. He couldn’t get Muhl in there fast enough and she clearly wasn’t 100% still. He was singing EW’s praises early in the season but we haven’t heard any of that for months. He called them all immature which is a reflection of their “leader” on the floor which was supposedly Evina.

She hasn’t matured anymore than her mother has. And she won’t be winning any championships.

Last edited:
I have always suspected Bballnut1952 was either Doggydaddy or Tonyc, so this doesn’t surprise me. I knew Winston Smith was a CT fan, and I’m fairly certain PG1 is a CT fan posing as a Lady Vols fan. That has always been a thing with twisted CT fans — to come here and pose as LV fans so they can feel great about pulling the wool over the eyes of LV fans. They’ve been doing it for decades.

TonyC, now there's a name. He was a real nut over on the Boneyard. Total commitment to the cause. Total stream of consciousness posting. I'll give him this much, he sure did bleed Husky blue or whatever their colors are.

People posting under pseudonyms doesn't really bug me all that much, as long as people don't get weird or start pushing anti-Tennessee agendas -- or acting like this Winston character. If they tip their hand in some obnoxious way or start to sour the place up then I'm all for giving them the ax, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: krichunaka
The defender isn’t vertical so that’s a foul whether they missed it in the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd quarter. I’m not a uconn hater either. But a foul is a foul no matter what point of the game it is. And it wasn’t gonna win or lose the game but at that point was a possible tie to send the game to OT to allow them to figure it out
Haven’t finished reading this thread, but at the time of this shot, it was a one point game, two foul shots would have won. Baylor purposefully fouled after this non call, and UConn got another foul shot.

Figured it out. Winston Smith is the Ken of UConn Territory. The poster who brags over there about taking on the dimwits here

He’s an arrogant muther

Bballnut1952 is the poster Doggydaddy. He also writes a UConn based blog. You work your away around their site they let things slip and you can see and it’s pretty easy to figure out who trolls us They ran a bracket and Bballnut1952 was a participant with the name Doggydaddy

Apparently he was banned from the Boneyard and frequently begs posters in UConn Territory to go on the Boneyard and make posts he wants made but can’t make himself

Forget interest in women basketball this place is just comedy hour with some of the neurotic posters.

Bballnut1952 is decent enough here but this guy Winston is not.

Bballnut only halfway behaves here because he has already been banned numerous times under other names. I refuse to interact with any of those posters. Only here to stir the pot.

We all do a good enough job of stirring it without their help lol.

Bballnut only halfway behaves here because he has already been banned numerous times under other names. I refuse to interact with any of those posters. Only here to stir the pot.

We all do a good enough job of stirring it without their help lol.

Oh I didn’t know. What other names did he post on. How about Winston Smith?

I

I don’t recall I just know he was here before and got banned. Interacted with him a bit when he showed up as BBallnut1952. He went off the rails pretty quickly and it was obvious he was the same poster that had been banned a year or two ago. Some of the other posters here remember what his other name was.

I’m not familiar with Winston Smith. Have seen him post but I just ignore him/her.

I have always suspected Bballnut1952 was either Doggydaddy or Tonyc, so this doesn’t surprise me. I knew Winston Smith was a CT fan, and I’m fairly certain PG1 is a CT fan posing as a Lady Vols fan. That has always been a thing with twisted CT fans — to come here and pose as LV fans so they can feel great about pulling the wool over the eyes of LV fans. They’ve been doing it for decades.
No way Bballnut is Doggydaddy. Totally different writing styles, and DD is a much more in your face antagonistic d*ckhead. I also can't see Tonyc even pretending to give Tennessee a compliment...not even a backhanded one.

PG1 strikes me as less of a CT fan and more of a burned out former Tennessee fan that isn't necessarily rooting for the LVs anymore but is still here because of familiarity.

Reactions: 1reVOLver
We are UConn. We know basketball and accept one play doesn't make you lose a game. This team did far more than we expected. So overall we are happy with the year. Like I said above. Arizona wanted it more than we did they played harder.
At the same time, probably not a good look to complain about calls given the way the Baylor game ended and your fanbase reaction to the blown call. I give you guys credit for at least not backtracking there.

No way Bballnut is Doggydaddy. Totally different writing styles, and DD is a much more in your face antagonistic d*ckhead. I also can't see Tonyc even pretending to give Tennessee a compliment...not even a backhanded one.

PG1 strikes me as less of a CT fan and more of a burned out former Tennessee fan that isn't necessarily rooting for the LVs anymore but is still here because of familiarity.

LOL. Is that the same Doggydaddy aka DoggyD*ckHead from the ESPN board? Another blast from the past, lmfao.

TonyC used to go on rants that were basically incoherent. No way in hell is bballnut tonyC.

PG1 is definitely a UT fan.

Reactions: VolBall09
At the same time, probably not a good look to complain about calls given the way the Baylor game ended and your fanbase reaction to the blown call. I give you guys credit for at least not backtracking there.

Yeah that was a horrible call but UConn literally shouldn't have even been in the FF to begin with due to officiating. Also, they've been allowed to set moving picks and go over the back for years now -- it was the worst during the Dolson years. Far be it from me to throw a pity party for them for getting bad calls. That's like me taking up for the Kentucky men or New England Patriots for getting a bad call.

LOL. Is that the same Doggydaddy aka DoggyD*ckHead from the ESPN board? Another blast from the past, lmfao.

TonyC used to go on rants that were basically incoherent. No way in hell is bballnut tonyC.

PG1 is definitely a UT fan.
Yup, one and the same. There were few people from that ESPN board that I absolutely couldn't stand, and DoggyD*ckhead was at the top of that list. He was so smug.

Tonycop couldn't spell nor write a coherent statement. Nut is too articulate to be him.

I think once Tennessee starts improving with recruiting and performances, PG1 will become more optimistic.

Reactions: volman128
Develop the players you have into championship quality players, and you have to win the recruiting battles for those players who are opting to go elsewhere. We have 8 NCAA Titles to our credit, and for some reason, I don't know why, the top HS players may be considering UT, but they are not coming to UT. There should be no reason with our history, that we shouldn't land those program changing players. Players want to know they have a huge change to make their dreams come true and win a championship. We are steadily going in the right direction, but it goes back to build your program, your players, and recruit, recruit, recruit!!!!!

Thanks for response. I think the key is player development. Look at the Barnes model. He developed 3 stars into a terrific team, and the whole world noticed. Now he's getting elite talent.

I think the reason we haven't recruited elite talent yet under CKH (although Pissott might be an exception) is that she hasn't shown she is an elite coach yet. But if she develops talent the way Barnes does, that should change. And it's not like she's recruited poorly. Her class coming in is top 15/20. That won't necessarily win championships, but those kind of players can be developed nicely over time into a very good team with good coaching, as Barnes has proved.

I also agree that in the meantime she must work hard at recruiting and keep trying to get that breakthrough recruit.

Reactions: #1LVLS MAN 4 LIFE
westbook thread on the boneyard. some of the uconn fatiful say westbook not good engough for wnba and she had bad game last night. all you westbrook lovers need to read the boneyard this morning and if any of you know her tell her read too. glad to see ncaa did not buy her story lady vols fired hollie so i should have got play last year.
🤣🤣🤣

Bballnut1952 is definitely Doggydaddy on UConnterritory. Doesn’t seem there is a Tonyc there I saw. There is only a small number of posters there. They idolize Doggydaddy. Synchophants. Mostly because they know little about hoops and their rooting is mostly drama. Doggydaddy needs the constant praise so they get along well

It looks like they mentally build up everyone to be better than they are because their conference sucks and then when those players “underperform” when they meet a real better team they have a melt down.

Go over and read some of the in-game threads. Hilarious. Honest it’s free but great entertainment

Sorry I didn’t link the place. Google UConn territory discussion

Don’t doubt Doggydaddy is smug but this guy Ken, there, Winston Smith here, is one of thebiggsdt ego’s anywhere. It comes through in his posts especially when he refers to us.

Last edited:
Well, to be fair she did make it to the final four. I think she is projected as a first round pic (which she would have been here as well). If she stays i think her minutes get cut by azzi and other perimeter players which would reduce her stats
I think she’ll be fine next season and if she’s coming off injury I feel she had a very good season. And she showed flashes of how good she’s going to be. Every player has bad games. Why wish downfall on any individual. Whomever made this thread is bitter and has nothing better going

To be fair, EW played a vital role on a national title contending team, and competed at the highest level of WBB at the D1 level. She is a conference champion, a sweet 16 and elite 8 winner, and made a final 4. None of these things would probably happen if she's still a Lady Vol. And before folks start saying, "oh he must be a fan", we need to turn the page when it comes to EW, she is gone, and God bless her in any and all things she wants to do with "her life." The bottom line is that players want to win "CHAMPIONSHIPS", and currently we are not that team or program. Until we become a championship program again, high school players are going opt to go elsewhere. Whether we like it or not, EW decision's to leave UT is working out for "her". Lets turn the page, GO LADY VOLS!!!!
None of that matters if you don’t win the ship.

Reactions: VolBall09
Yup, one and the same. There were few people from that ESPN board that I absolutely couldn't stand, and DoggyD*ckhead was at the top of that list. He was so smug.

Tonycop couldn't spell nor write a coherent statement. Nut is too articulate to be him.

I think once Tennessee starts improving with recruiting and performances, PG1 will become more optimistic.
I am hoping!

I think she’ll be fine next season and if she’s coming off injury I feel she had a very good season. And she showed flashes of how good she’s going to be. Every player has bad games. Why wish downfall on any individual. Whomever made this thread is bitter and has nothing better going

Are you asking me why I am wishing the downfall of a player? Because if you are... I never said i wished her downfall. BUT, if Azzi and these other girls are good as they say they’ll cut into those perimeter minutes. Plus next years draft will be a little heavier with prospects so if she wanted a guaranteed contract this year might have been a bit easier.

Reactions: mudcat1973
Are you asking me why I am wishing the downfall of a player? Because if you are... I never said i wished her downfall. BUT, if Azzi and these other girls are good as they say they’ll cut into those perimeter minutes. Plus next years draft will be a little heavier with prospects so if she wanted a guaranteed contract this year might have been a bit easier.
No I was agreeing with you kind of and disagreeing with whoever started the thread

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN

VN Store

Back