MLB cancels ASG in Atlanta

What sh** show?
If there was ever a time and a need for a bipartisan bill, it was with this voting bill in GA.
Bipartisanship wasn't even attempted. It was a repub bill from start to finish.
You would not have a problem with a Dems bill from start to finish on any subject.

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
Only thing I hate is that I was taking my 13 year old to the game. 13 year olds truly don’t get how a game can get canceled over politics.
Yeah. This didn't have anything to do with baseball or the sport.
I just find it interesting who actually gets stepped on to create the story.

What sh** show?
If there was ever a time and a need for a bipartisan bill, it was with this voting bill in GA.
Bipartisanship wasn't even attempted. It was a repub bill from start to finish.

Unsolicited ballots? Mass absentee voting? Voting my mail in general? I mean yea there was nothing shady about the 2-4am mail dumps at all. This bill does nothing to prevent anyone from voting. It may make it more inconvenient but it should be, it’s pretty important. Isn’t that how you feel about gun ownership or would you be ok with say the NRA going around to these “disenfranchised” folks and giving away guns to anybody that wanted one and could pass a background check? Or let’s just do it without the background check as that’s a bit more comparable.

Why Do Nonwhite Georgia Voters Have To Wait In Line For Hours? Too Few Polling Places
Opinion: The data says people of color are waiting longest to vote in Georgia
Long wait times to vote are not new in Georgia

The part of the bill that restricts the ability of polling places to extend their hours is concerning and obviously a bigger issue to dems. Bolded part is most concerning.

Page 72: Poll hours at a precinct may be extended only by order of a judge of the superior court of the county in which the precinct is located upon good cause shown by clear and convincing evidence that persons were unable to vote at that precinct during a specific period or periods of time. Poll hours shall not be extended longer than the total amount of time during which persons were unable to vote at such precinct. Any order extending poll hours at a precinct beyond 9 p.m. shall be by written order with specific findings of fact supporting such extension.

Unsolicited ballots? Mass absentee voting? Voting my mail in general? I mean yea there was nothing shady about the 2-4am mail dumps at all. This bill does nothing to prevent anyone from voting. It may make it more inconvenient but it should be, it’s pretty important. Isn’t that how you feel about gun ownership or would you be ok with say the NRA going around to these “disenfranchised” folks and giving away guns to anybody that wanted one and could pass a background check? Or let’s just do it without the background check as that’s a bit more comparable.
Who got unsolicited ballots? Mass absentee voting was 100% understandable.

It all boils down to sour grapes over losing.

Hardly. Responsible representatives were calling for voter ID laws before 2020. It requires nothing more than what we have to do to drive, fly, cash a check, buy tobacco or alcohol, see a doctor, etc.

I couldn’t celebrate any election if the results were tainted just because “my side” won. You didn’t win. You just kicked the can down the road so the next election “steal” will be against “your side”. Republicans probably won’t be the party stealing it. It will most likely be a political movement far different from anything we know now. Now they know they can do it.

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
Why Do Nonwhite Georgia Voters Have To Wait In Line For Hours? Too Few Polling Places
Opinion: The data says people of color are waiting longest to vote in Georgia
Long wait times to vote are not new in Georgia

The part of the bill that restricts the ability of polling places to extend their hours is concerning and obviously a bigger issue to dems. Bolded part is most concerning.

Page 72: Poll hours at a precinct may be extended only by order of a judge of the superior court of the county in which the precinct is located upon good cause shown by clear and convincing evidence that persons were unable to vote at that precinct during a specific period or periods of time. Poll hours shall not be extended longer than the total amount of time during which persons were unable to vote at such precinct. Any order extending poll hours at a precinct beyond 9 p.m. shall be by written order with specific findings of fact supporting such extension.

Why do you have such an issue with this? Why should there be special hours to vote?

Why do you have such an issue with this? Why should there be special hours to vote?
If someone gets in line before the polls close, they should be allowed to vote.
This is primarily an issue in high density areas (dem. areas)

If someone gets in line before the polls close, they should be allowed to vote.
This is primarily an issue in high density areas (dem. areas)
I'm pretty sure that's the case even with the new law.

So, do all the Delta workers at ATL still have to show their ID when they get to work at the airport? If so, that's a bad look for Delta. Do travelers on Delta have to show ID at the counter?

Reactions: ButchPlz
Hardly. Responsible representatives were calling for voter ID laws before 2020. It requires nothing more than what we have to do to drive, fly, cash a check, buy tobacco or alcohol, see a doctor, etc.

I couldn’t celebrate any election if the results were tainted just because “my side” won. You didn’t win. You just kicked the can down the road so the next election “steal” will be against “your side”. Republicans probably won’t be the party stealing it. It will most likely be a political movement far different from anything we know now. Now they know they can do it.
This has to do with placing restrictions on early voting and Sunday voting... and not allowing water to be handed out to people waiting in line to vote for f*** sake. The "this is just about requiring an ID" is a bull $hit crutch for the real issue: limiting voter participation as much as possible.

I'm pretty sure that's the case even with the new law.
It not the way it is written:
Poll hours shall not be extended longer than the total amount of time during which persons were unable to vote at such precinct.

That's a biggie.

VN Store

Back