Coronavirus (No politics)

I wasn't afraid of getting the virus. Took all of the proper nutritional support to reduce severity. Eventually went on the IVM-based prophylaxis, as recommended by my doctor, who treated 300+ patients without a single hospitalization. While chatting with my doctor he mentioned that he got the virus (in spite of prophylaxis), and mentioned that it took nearly 10 weeks to recover his taste.

Ten. Weeks. Tasteless. Food.

So then I got the vaccine...cause I like food.
Might be the best reason I have heard yet. Congrats on the food.

Reactions: SSVol
Experimental vaccine protocols.
I think this is a valid reason not to get it. In my opinion, there is more risk if you don't get the vaccine. But, this is the case with about any medical treatment. There are risks involved and people simply have to make the decision that is best for them. I personally hope many choose to get the vaccine as that is still the quickest path with the lowest risk to herd immunity, IMO.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
I think this is a valid reason not to get it. In my opinion, there is more risk if you don't get the vaccine. But, this is the case with about any medical treatment. There are risks involved and people simply have to make the decision that is best for them. I personally hope many choose to get the vaccine as that is still the quickest path with the lowest risk to herd immunity, IMO.
I don’t disagree that this may have been a risk at the beginning, but at this point we’re talking about hundreds of millions of people having received the vaccine without any real harm done (compared to the virus itself). It’s pretty clear any risk of getting the vaccine is very minimal at this point.

I don’t disagree that this may have been a risk at the beginning, but at this point we’re talking about hundreds of millions of people having received the vaccine without any real harm done (compared to the virus itself). It’s pretty clear any risk of getting the vaccine is very minimal at this point.
We don’t know long term effects from it. Hopefully there aren’t any.

I agree it is very low. That's why I got mine. I still respect those folks who are unsure and want to wait longer. I work with a lady who is pregnant who has decided to wait until after the baby is born to get it. I will say that the people that are not getting because they think they don't need it or because they think this terrible virus is not real, need to join the rest of us in the 21st century.

Reactions: ndubvols
Do you reject all medicine, doctors, and medical intervention?
I reject what I want to. The good thing is I reject people trying to tell other people what is best for them and what they need to do. I think for myself , I do not need the Govt or Science to tell me what is best for me

I reject what I want to. The good thing is I reject people trying to tell other people what is best for them and what they need to do. I think for myself , I do not need the Govt or Science to tell me what is best for me

The question was pertaining to doctrine. You say you trust God and you seem to be rejecting medicine. Just wondering if you apply that universally.

I mean sure, but from everything we know the potential long term effects from COVID are worse than any potential long term effects from the vaccine.
Are they? If this causes cancer or other major health problems, then it’s a wash. We most likely won’t know potential long term side effects from the vaccines for years. I really hope they don’t have any.

Reactions: tnvols72
The question was pertaining to doctrine. You say you trust God and you seem to be rejecting medicine. Just wondering if you apply that universally.
Like I told you before, I reject what I want to reject. If there is something I feel like I need then I decide whats best for me. Not you or a science or the Govt. I must have a good Dr because she does not even trust the vaccine and there is plenty more like her. But you do what is best for you.

Are they? If this causes cancer or other major health problems, then it’s a wash. We most likely won’t know potential long term side effects from the vaccines for years. I really hope they don’t have any.
Sure, just go straight to it could cause cancer because we don’t know it doesn’t. Same could be said for the virus itself.

If your scared of getting the vaccine and want to wait and see how it plays out that’s fine. I don’t really care what an individual does, but you can’t play the what if game for one and not the other.

Logically based on what we know today, the risk of not getting the vaccine vastly outweighs the risk of getting the vaccine. I haven’t seen any statistics/facts, etc. to suggest otherwise.

With that said, I’m sure there’s some legitimate reasons for waiting to get vaccinated and to each their own.

Got my 2nd Moderna vaccination shot this afternoon. Arm at injection site a little sore tonight but no sign of growing a 3rd testicle or 6th toe so far.
gigger, is that you?!

glad you got it done bra. be healthy!

Edit, got mine also today. 30 minute mandatory waiting for peeps with Anyphylaxia history. Was kinda frustrating.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back