Rennia Davis - WNBA Draft

when Rennia gets drafted(1-5 likely) she will be the first player Kellie Harper coached to be selected in the draft

recruits look at how many players coaches have sent to the WNBA and Kellie has 0.

E52BLQDQWRB3ZLLZJ4X2JKQGKM.jpg

Last edited:
when Rennia gets drafted(1-5 likely) she will be the first player Kellie Harper coached to be selected in the draft

recruits look at how many players coaches have sent to the WNBA and Kellie has 0.

View attachment 360109
Great picture, great memories! Thank you Rennia! We can’t wait to see all your future successes!

200.gif

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Hoping she lands in Dallas with the #5. She should fit the system they have in place nicely. Arike fires away and Rennia can clean up the offensive glass and score a quiet 20 off her misses.

here it is the new WNBA rookie contracts she will likely also have endorsements and play overseas(they pay more) so she will be making around 6 figures playing professionally this year
View attachment 360251
Thanks for posting this. Interesting that undrafted doesn't make that much less than undrafted rookies.

So if they survive 3 years in the league making decent money for a summer job, they could potentially get the payday with Super Contract and some endorsements, along with their overseas salary.

Curious to see where Re goes! Honestly think she and Jasmine Walker are the best picks out of the NCAA pool. Natasha Mack and Dana Evans are top 5 as well. I’m not terribly familiar with the international players they are projecting as high picks.

Everyone is still projecting Collier #1 but I’m not so certain about that. Her play down the stretch was really not that impressive. She was easily defended by several teams. Including UCLA who has no size and no depth. She only managed 5 points and 5 boards and had 4 fouls.

Her foul trouble is still a major issue. She cannot stay on the floor against athletic players. This will severely limit her playing time in the WNBA. She dominated the weaker teams in the Big 12 but anytime the level of competition increased her numbers tanked. She can occasionally stretch the defense but would not consider her a perimeter threat in the WNBA because she cannot handle the ball.

To me the #1 draft pick needs to be a crunch time player. IMO that’s either Dana Evans or Rennia Davis in this class. Both women of high character who can put a team on their shoulders.

Curious to see where Re goes! Honestly think she and Jasmine Walker are the best picks out of the NCAA pool. Natasha Mack and Dana Evans are top 5 as well. I’m not terribly familiar with the international players they are projecting as high picks.

Everyone is still projecting Collier #1 but I’m not so certain about that. Her play down the stretch was really not that impressive. She was easily defended by several teams. Including UCLA who has no size and no depth. She only managed 5 points and 5 boards and had 4 fouls.

Her foul trouble is still a major issue. She cannot stay on the floor against athletic players. This will severely limit her playing time in the WNBA. She dominated the weaker teams in the Big 12 but anytime the level of competition increased her numbers tanked. She can occasionally stretch the defense but would not consider her a perimeter threat in the WNBA because she cannot handle the ball.

To me the #1 draft pick needs to be a crunch time player. IMO that’s either Dana Evans or Rennia Davis in this class. Both women of high character who can put a team on their shoulders.

What's interesting is that Collier appears to be an unanimous #1 pick by the major outlets. Like you, I'm honestly not impressed...unless she would be a completely different player with more talent where she doesn't have to worry about being the focal point of defenses game in, game out. Still, although Charli has some talent, she's somewhat underwhelming for a #1 draft pick.

What's interesting is that Collier appears to be an unanimous #1 pick by the major outlets. Like you, I'm honestly not impressed...unless she would be a completely different player with more talent where she doesn't have to worry about being the focal point of defenses game in, game out. Still, although Charli has some talent, she's somewhat underwhelming for a #1 draft pick.

Yeah I just don’t see it. She is inconsistent to a degree that is a bit shocking. Scouts haven’t missed that. She can literally score 30 points one night and then 3 the next depending on how or by whom she’s defended. That doesn’t spell “success” at the next level since the level of competition is extremely high every night. I think she’s about to get dominated as a rookie.

VN Store

Back