Destiny Salary in the Transfer portal

I don't think Key is an AA, and she probably won't ever get to that level. But I do think that she protects the paint better than anyone not named Aliyah Boston and makes it very, very hard for opponents to score inside. Even when you have someone like Naz Hillmon get 19 points, she had to work awfully hard for her points when Tamari was guarding her, and wasn't converting at her usual rate.

Yes but to act like she's more important than Burrell is ridiculous.

TBH if it is Jordan Horston i would not blame her. She has been slammed for a while here , but i dont think message boards should be a reason a player transfers smh thats ridiculous .
"Slammed"? It's almost like the meaning of that word has changed.

Jordan and her mom need to not be concerned about fan social media posts.

I don't think Horston transfers just based on her mom's comments, but I could be wrong. Her mom has been discussing how excited she is for Jordan's role next year and how loyal Jordan is. I could definitely be wrong though. Who knows if that changes, but as of now I don't think she leaves. I don't have any inside info on that one. I also don't think Kellie asked Salary to leave. Her playing time had decreased lately with Tess making strides, and I think there were other personal issues going on that contributed to it.

Yes but to act like she's more important than Burrell is ridiculous.

I think they need both, but if it's one or another, I think that they'd lose more games with Rae continuing to play at an All SEC level if they lose their defensive anchor. If they needed to replace a scorer, they land a greater chance of finding something "close enough" in the portal. I don't think it would be as easy to find a replacement for Tamari's size and defensive presence in the portal.

She should learn to shoot over 40% before she talks sh** about fans.

If we say that players need to grow a thicker skin when it comes to social media, I think the logic works in reverse. She is a kid who made a post in frustration and then took it down. Some things are just better forgotten as in water under the bridge. Negativity only breeds negativity.

I agree with Rae, but I think it's easier to replace a scorer than it is to replace a 6'7 post with excellent timing and footwork for defensive purposes. Tamari keeps Tennessee in games even if their offense is floundering.

Tamari is 6'5", FWIW.

Salary posted on IG that her leaving the program wasn't her choice.

I don't think that necessarily means that Kellie asked her to leave. It could very well be an academic issue, her family may have asked her to come closer to home, or she may have had other personal problems that forced her hand. I don't think by her saying "Not my choice" that equates 100% to "Kellie asked me to leave". Could be, but I tend to believe there were other extenuating circumstances.

She was way over-evaluated both by recruiting rankings and our staff. Not an SEC player

She had more upside than 2-3 others due to better athleticism. Would have been interesting to see how much better she could get.

Reactions: mcannon1
She's listed as 6'5, but she is taller. Kasi was 6'4-6'5, and Tamari was a GOOD 2-3 inches taller than she is. Emily is 6'5 and Tamari is a solid 1-2 inches taller than she is as well.

Why would a center lie about their height?

I don't think that necessarily means that Kellie asked her to leave. It could very well be an academic issue, her family may have asked her to come closer to home, or she may have had other personal problems that forced her hand. I don't think by her saying "Not my choice" that equates 100% to "Kellie asked me to leave". Could be, but I tend to believe there were other extenuating circumstances.

I never said that Kellie told her to leave. I'm focusing more on her saying it wasn't her choice. So it's not because she was losing minutes to Tess or off-court issues where she proactively decided to leave. Even if it was grades, that is still someone else's decision...not Destiny's.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Sorry to see Salary go, I also thought her mins would increase next year. I really hope whatever the issues, family, personal, academic or just basketball, I hope everything works out for her.

The cold hearted me wants to believe this happened bc we have a quality pg coming from the portal so Destiny sees writing on the wall. This would sorta be equal the decision not being hers, as her disappeared tweet mysteriously stated.

If this is as bad as it gets for us in the exit portal, I'll be greatly relieved. Anxious to see what might be coming in the entry door.

If KJH did counsel her to leave im confused on why she started with Salary , when Darby , Rennie & Saunders .......nvm not going to say it .
I agree, as I am wandering what this staff saw in both foreign players. Both are slow and appear to like American food a lot. Those two scholarships should have gone to two more deserving Tennessee HS ladies. I really like Saunders and keep wandering why she is not played more. Darby will be OK with playing time but I do wander if she was the best player in Tennessee when she signed.

but wait Destiny said it wasnt HER decision to transfer then was it Kellie's???
View attachment 360123

2fa7de205d72b2c48c1ddd95de358136.gif

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

VN Store

Back