Destiny Salary in the Transfer portal

If i am not mistaken her brother passed at some point of the season, that could've played a role in her leaving. She mentioned on a live with Candace and Rennia that she almost left at some point this season because it was rough for her dealing with that.
So sad to here 😔...Blessings of Healing to her and her family...🙏🧡

Could work out OK for both parties. Hope Destiny lands at a program where she has a great time and plays a lot.

Conversely it opens up a much needed roster spot for us to bring in someone who can make an immediate scoring impact. We have to replace the scoring we are losing somewhere and it was almost certainly going to come from the portal.

Don’t agree. I think she had a high motor, worked incredibly hard, and could have developed into a major piece of our offense and defense.
She has no demonstrable basketball skill at all. She’s just an athlete.

Could work out OK for both parties. Hope Destiny lands at a program where she has a great time and plays a lot.

Conversely it opens up a much needed roster spot for us to bring in someone who can make an immediate scoring impact. We have to replace the scoring we are losing somewhere and it was almost certainly going to come from the portal.
Several people thinking she won't be the last transfer no one putting out any names but say there may be more.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I'm not too concerned about losing her. I think we can pick someone up in the portal who will help us more than she did; however, I am very surprised to see this. Form the outside looking in, it appeared she was one of happiest to be at TN. I expected a transfer or two, but not from her.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Several people thinking she won't be the last transfer no one putting out any names but say there may be more.

Wouldn’t be terribly shocked. Just hoping we don’t lose any key returners. It will be what it will be though. That’s the landscape right now.

Was hopeful that we had made it this long but now that there is one in the portal I would be shocked if we don’t have 2-3 more like everyone else.

Reactions: Volfan2012
I'm not too concerned about losing her. I think we can pick someone up in the portal who will help us more than she did; however, I am very surprised to see this. Form the outside looking in, it appeared she was one of happiest to be at TN. I expected a transfer or two, but not from her.
Agree, not a loss. Now maybe we can go after a shooting guard who can actually shoot.

Can’t imagine Saunders stays

Love how much Emily loves the LVs but I don’t think she’s ever going to get to the level that she can contribute like we need her too. She is one player I thought the coaches might ask to consider a transfer or becoming a manager or something instead. We’ve done that a couple times in the past too when players were injured or just couldn’t get to the desired level but were still a positive part of the team.

The presumed next player to enter the portal is Jordan Horston after the loss to Michigan she talked about TN having the "fakest fans" which she later deleted I wouldnt be surprised if it was her

Tamari Key isnt goin anywhere her mom doesnt like this transferring nonsense

Wouldn’t be terribly shocked. Just hoping we don’t lose any key returners. It will be what it will be though. That’s the landscape right now.

Was hopeful that we had made it this long but now that there is one in the portal I would be shocked if we don’t have 2-3 more like everyone else.
As long as Tamari Key stays put. She's the one player that I think is irreplaceable.

The presumed next player to enter the portal is Jordan Horston after the loss to Michigan she talked about TN having the "fakest fans" which she later deleted I wouldnt be surprised if it was her

I'm sure that everyone's favorite Pseudo Coach probably DM'd whatever posts she was responding to directly.

I hope not, but if it's true, it would make getting multiple players from the portal a necessity.

Devastated if either left!

By the time she's a senior, and possibly even a junior, Salary has the potential to become a valuable player for some lucky program. I get the feeling she's one of those players who will suddenly have that "light switch" moment and then everyone will say, "Where in the hell did THAT come from?" She has shown she can hit threes, she's got the speed, she's got good size, she's a big talker. Those are all good building blocks. I think she'll finish out her career strong wherever she goes, and I'll be cheering for her!

Another thought: I remember she came here after having been recruited by Sully. Could this mean she suspects Sully is leaving? Hope not.

As long as Tamari Key stays put. She's the one player that I think is irreplaceable.

And Rae. Those are the only two we really can’t afford to lose IMO. Would be extremely sad to see Jordan Horston in the portal as well. Really love her game and I think she is one off-season from being unstoppable. Would really like to see her break through and finish at UT on a positive note.

I think Salary leaving is 50% personal and 50% playing time. She had a tough year losing her brother. That may have affected her academically as well. Often plays a part in transfers but we never know on that front due to FURPA laws. The writing was on the wall for playing time.

Her leaving makes me think Horston is staying though which is good. Salary would have been playing behind Horston and Walker. I suspect Miles and Wynn will be more floor ready than Destiny was as well. She was looking at being the 5th or 6th option.

VN Store

Back