NCAA Tournament Game Thread: (3) Lady Vols vs. (6) Michigan

I've watched every game this season I've been a lady vol fan for 35 years and I'm from the west coast Tennessee's not a a elite program anymore I just call it how I see it.

OK Boomer.

Good for you. Now go back to not posting like you have for the last 35 years. If you can’t come contribute some positivity when the team plays well. Don’t you dare show up and spit your negativity when they don’t.

Just calling it how I see it.

Really enjoyed this season, so sorry it ended too soon. Really hope Davis return (wishful thinking)
would be a blessing in disguise.
How we lost to this team is beyond me.

not a knock on CKH, but the Mich staff had the better plan and coaching in this game, they won with less talent, and were in control most of the game. SEC teams not showing well this tourney.

Third place in the SEC and a 2nd round exit from the tournament is not a successful season. Maybe not a disaster, but far from a success.

I'd say 3rd place in the SEC was a success after being predicted to finish 6th by the coaches and essentially losing all 3 of our options at the 4 spot by the time the SEC season came around (Green, McCoy, and then Suarez). This loss was, as you say, "not a success," but I think really not indicative of the season this team had, where we saw they really could beat anyone in the country.

Kasi and Key did not play bad they held there own against Zaz . The problem with TN was still not defending the 3 ? and Rae not able to keep Brown in front of her and Brown is not quick.

In our defense Michigan has not really been a 3 point shooting team all year. On the season they are 29% and average only 5 makes a game. Have to play the numbers on that one. They didn’t shoot it very well today but just enough better than us that it was the difference.

Kasi and Key did not play bad they held there own against Zaz . The problem with TN was still not defending the 3 ? and Rae not able to keep Brown in front of her and Brown is not quick.

I was surprised by that. Burrell was a lockdown defender this season on teams' best offensive players and she did not defend Brown well today.

this team has been extremely fun to watch this year.
That's why I'm so sad-- I thought this was a team that could go far. I just wish they'd have kick it in gear the whole game and not just the 4th quarter/half like they have been doing a lot lately. You can't do that when playing good consistent teams.

In our defense Michigan has not really been a 3 point shooting team all year. On the season they are 29% and average only 5 makes a game. Have to play the numbers on that one. They didn’t shoot it very well today but just enough better than us that it was the difference.

Agreed. They didn't shoot the 3 that well, we just shot horrifically so every time they made one it felt all the more imbalanced.

not a knock on CKH, but the Mich staff had the better plan and coaching in this game, they won with less talent, and were in control most of the game. SEC teams not showing well this tourney.
Kellie had three starters out for most if the year. Does no one see this?? She didn't have the depth she needed..

Reactions: JohnnyPayne
Yes a player who came into this game 0 for her last 16 she makes 4 herself. We missed our first 9 open looks.

Out coached? Tell me what Coach didn't do. She sure didn't miss all those shots many were good looks. This game is simple make or miss tournament. Our Stars missed to many shots.

Yep both squads didn’t execute. Neither Barnes or Harper can control abysmal shooting and effort.

Can’t run suicides to motivate mid-game.

I felt they were over ranked all year based on who they had played. They were without Leigha Brown for a big chunk of their season though. Would be like us without Rennia. I think the NCAA screwed us a little. They should have been at least a 4 seed.

I don’t know if we would’ve beaten any of the 6 seeds in the tourney given how we performed tonight. I certainly would not have felt great having Iowa as our 6 seed if Michigan got seeded higher.

At some point, we’re just gonna have to get it done regardless of our draw. It’s not going to get any easier either.

I left here during the game because I was tired of reading the SOS about Harper.

Tough loss - but it wasn’t from lack of effort. And I don’t care what game plan or prep you do as a coach — if your team shoots 12 of 27 on layups, you’re going to lose.

I, for one, am glad Harper is our coach, and I’m excited for the future.

Why we're on this 10 year rebuild The south Carolinas Uconns and the Stanford's are getting better
slow your roll. it’s year 2 for kellie, and our previous coach dug us into quite a hole. we have to give her time. i don’t see many coaches come in year 1 and 2 and dominate. ivey at notre dame and banghart at north carolina could attest to that statement.

VN Store

Back