NCAA Tournament Game Thread: (3) Lady Vols vs. (6) Michigan

Thi
This year,her second wasn't bad. She had three major injuries to deal with. This team always played hard. They had a bad game against a well coached team. That is all.
Third place in the SEC and a 2nd round exit from the tournament is not a successful season. Maybe not a disaster, but far from a success.

All teams have had a tough year and I hoped the Lady Vols would go further, but it is what it is. That said, we start fresh next season, new talent, hopefully passionate hearts! We need that Candace Parker player that will take over when things get a little rough! I know that's hoping for a LOT :)

This team will have serious problem. Unless KJH go out and get some big time wing player in the portal. Darby 6-0 is a good player and i like her, To me she would be better playing at the 2G spot, I think KJH thinks the same thing but is HS she played most of the time on the wing. So the question is can she make the transition to the 2G ?

We don’t have a PG to break down the defense and create shots for others. So our solution is the have Burrell and Davis, two wing players try to create. It leads to a lot of turnovers. And neither were good in the tournament.

Plus, there isn't much room to create when you often have 3 players on the court at the same time that don't even have to be guarded at the 3 point line. If the defense had to live in fear of the kickout, then there would be fewer turnovers when your wings drive.

We don’t have a PG to break down the defense and create shots for others. So our solution is the have Burrell and Davis, two wing players try to create. It leads to a lot of turnovers. And neither were good in the tournament.

Exactly. Horston could pretty easily be that player but she’s still a head case. She could take any player in the country one on one if she could get out of her own head.

We got one coming!!!

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I wasn't able to watch all of the game but am incredibly disappointed in the outcome. We were close in every game this year (minus SC in the SEC tourney) and to lose to Michigan like this is unacceptable for this team. Michigan controlled the game which I would not have guessed going into this. Overall, it was a decent season, but this one stings.

Third place in the SEC and a 2nd round exit from the tournament is not a successful season. Maybe not a disaster, but far from a success.

For the players we lost in the last two seasons to transfer or injury I felt we vastly outperformed expectations. That’s how I gauge how successful it was.

We were projected 6th in the SEC and were a bubble team for two seasons before this. To finish 3rd in the SEC behind A&M and SC and then get a #3 seed in the tournament we outperformed expectations by a lot.

Would more have been better? Always. But let’s not discount this season for all the progress it made for the program. What would y’all be saying if we had finished where experts projected us?

Don’t even feed into the negavols. Probably hasn’t watched 2 games all year but is gonna come post like an expert about who is jumping ship. They all seem content to me all season long.
I've watched every game this season I've been a lady vol fan for 35 years and I'm from the west coast Tennessee's not a a elite program anymore I just call it how I see it.

Reactions: mcannon1
Win or lose I thank Kellie and staff for their hard work. It was TN choice not to pick a veteran coach.. so, we need to have patience with her. Beginning of the season we were not ranked but she fought her way to here. So thank u.
Except for perhaps this game and a few others, the Lady Vols were a lot more fun to watch under Kellie.

That team was well coached, and we played poorly. They were ranked higher than us all year long..

I felt they were over ranked all year based on who they had played. They were without Leigha Brown for a big chunk of their season though. Would be like us without Rennia. I think the NCAA screwed us a little. They should have been at least a 4 seed.

We did everything in our power to lose this game and deserved the result we got.

I will also point out that Kellie waited an entire half before making the obvious adjustment in the last game, and in this one she waited until a few minutes left to turn up the pressure against a team that couldn't handle it and was no deeper than we are.

That shouldn't happen given how long she has been coaching.

I wasn't able to watch all of the game but am incredibly disappointed in the outcome. We were close in every game this year (minus SC in the SEC tourney) and to lose to Michigan like this is unacceptable for this team. Michigan controlled the game which I would not have guessed going into this. Overall, it was a decent season, but this one stings.

Don't let one game determine the entire season. With Davis going 4-17, I'm surprised we kept it close. We really need more scoring threats, more shooters, more kickout options or Burrell is going to have really tough sledding next year.

VN Store

Back