NCAA Tournament Game Thread: (3) Lady Vols vs. (6) Michigan

Slammed at work and didn’t get to watch the game. Disappointed checking the score now. Really proud of this group of ladies and sad this is where it ends for Rennia and Kasi.

If I have the heart to watch later, I will. Looks like we never got in a rhythm and let it bother us. The 3s they hit appear to have been the difference in the game.

Reactions: TN1111
Well we probably will win the rebound stat,,, Tennessee needs to realize that scoring is equally as important as defense and rebounding though in today’s game.

Reactions: WVU05UT09
Maybe they will give her a voucher to make up for it in all of her games until she has time to recruit.

She did a poor job retaining talent, she did a poor job recruiting, and she did a poor job getting anything in the transfer portal.

UT is not hard to recruit to. Even Holly was able to do it.
ill judge that once i see how good her next class is.

I'm actually a little ... uh ... irritated that they're suddenly applying pressure with one minute remaining. They had an entire quarter to turn up the heat. Why wait until now? Why wait until the clock is too far gone to put the screws to them? Tennessee had more athleticism the entire game. Just ... why now? It's -- no offense -- it's too damn late for this.

Win or lose I thank Kellie and staff for their hard work. It was TN choice not to pick a veteran coach.. so, we need to have patience with her. Beginning of the season we were not ranked but she fought her way to here. So thank u.
Agreed!!!!

Reactions: travis929
Why weren't playing with this urgency sooner?

Our coach wasn't good enough to figure out that the other team might be bothered by our superior athleticism if we pressed.

She just sat there and watched the game slip away without making any adjustments that got any traction for us until it was too late.

Players are to blame too for being headcases who can't hit a layup.

But when you are in your own head like that sometimes the best thing to do is up the tempo on defense so they don't have time to get jittery and are playing instinctually.

This team is so frustrating, they can beat anybody in the country but they can also get blown out by anybody.

Not really, certainly not like the last few years. No losses outside the NET top 25 this year, and no blowouts, really - this game was about as close to a blowout as we've had all year, so it IS frustrating after such a solid season.

I try to understand the game but we rebounded the ball and two Michigan players had very active hands, reaching in and swatting at the ball...no call.
Michigan rebounds and our player reaches in for the ball and the whistle is blown.🤷‍♂️
GBO!!
Doesn't every team swat the against us?

They also need a team psychologist as well or a baseball/softball pitcher who doesn't get psyched to talk to them
Horston, Key, Burrell and even Davis get mental after a no call or oddity. Got to learn to put it behind you as the other nine are racing down the court

VN Store

Back