Rick Barnes discussion [merged]

That’s fine, I’m just saying we weren’t screwed. This wasn’t like LSU earlier in that same year where it was clearly one sided. I’m just saying nobody thought that was some horrendous call that clearly cost UT everything
Hey, I’m nobody. If anything it was an offensive foul for the guy kicking LT. TIFWIW

Why would it not be fair that a significant increase in salary and commitment not warrant increased expectations?
I agree, there seems to be many that think his salary amount doesn't make Barnes more accountable for winning. That is one of the silliest notions ever. Somebody is writing that check and he/she is pissed right now. That check will only get written so many times without the desired results.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
I agree, there seems to be many that think his salary amount doesn't make Barnes more accountable for winning. That is one of the silliest notions ever. Somebody is writing that check and he/she is pissed right now. That check will only get written so many times without the desired results.
I don’t think they’re pissed, you may wanna regauge that one.

I did actually, and then I asked a question you haven’t answered...not surprisingly.
Find one on the list that has a single sw16 to show for the time.
K, Self, Williams, Huggins, boehein, Beilein, Drew, Calipari
Even poor Shaka has 8, with a F4 to show for it and not much else.
So what's your point?

So what's your point?
Williams who? Buzz? He doesn’t have 9/12? So guessing you just named random people lol. Neither does another on that list but I won’t say who, just wanna see if you can actually answer the damn question lol.

So what's your point?
K yes, Self yes, Williams yes, Boeheim yes, Calipari yes

Huggins did not make 9/12
Drew did not make 9/12

So you are saying Barnes is in the same discussion as Coach K, Bill Self, Roy Williams, Jim Boeheim and John Calipari??? Even if he’s the worst of that group, would you not agree that’s pretty good F’n company to be in? But sure, let’s say he’s washed up and act like he has no clue WTF he’s doing.

K yes, Self yes, Williams yes, Boeheim yes, Calipari yes

Huggins did not make 9/12
Drew did not make 9/12

So you are saying Barnes is in the same discussion as Coach K, Bill Self, Roy Williams, Jim Boeheim and John Calipari??? Even if he’s the worst of that group, would you not agree that’s pretty good F’n company to be in? But sure, let’s say he’s washed up and act like he has no clue WTF he’s doing.
Huggins surely did and Drew would have last season with 26 wins.
Comparing resumes to those guys Barnes looks more like a one bid conference coach that gets bounced early every season.

Huggins surely did and Drew would have last season with 26 wins.
Comparing resumes to those guys Barnes looks more like a one bid conference coach that gets bounced early every season.
Lol ok, name me a one bid conference then that’s done that? Again, you can’t. You literally put Barnes in the same breath as the best of the best, thanks for proving my point.

Lol ok, name me a one bid conference then that’s done that? Again, you can’t. You literally put Barnes in the same breath as the best of the best, thanks for proving my point.
If you say so. It's a tournament sport. If just getting there floats yer boat, you'll enjoy TN bb til he hangs it up.

At this point, Rick Barnes and Scott Drew do not have comparable resumes. Maybe Drew gets there or passes Barnes in 15 more years. Drew took over a bad situation and took a while, but Barnes has taken 4 different schools to the NCAAT with 3 going to a Sweet 16.

Reactions: golfballs
Idk, I think you'd have to think the one that replaced Ogden with Schwartz was bigger. We certainly weren't on nearly as solid of footing as a program back then
Agree. That hire was more important just because of what it did to stabilize our program. While perhaps our best assistant, English is replaceable and the position should be much more desirable now than when Schwartz replaced Ogden. Barnes will likely have people lining up for that position.

VN Store

Back