'22 GA OT Maurice Clipper Jr (Tennessee signee)

Was at the Under Armour Camp in ATL today, more offers headed his way as well as a ratings increase. VT and TN recruiting him the hardest, I think TN leads. Large frame, will be a tackle for a P5 program. Will commit in July.
Sir, good things don't happen to us.

Was at the Under Armour Camp in ATL today, more offers headed his way as well as a ratings increase. VT and TN recruiting him the hardest, I think TN leads. Large frame, will be a tackle for a P5 program. Will commit in July.
What are your thoughts on the future for Tennessee? Will recruiting be as slim as much as a lot of us fear? Heupel and staff decently respected among recruits and others?

He is massive.

tenor.gif

What are your thoughts on the future for Tennessee? Will recruiting be as slim as much as a lot of us fear? Heupel and staff decently respected among recruits and others?
It’s hard to judge right now. He did well at Oklahoma, so I don’t think you can accurately judge how UCF recruiting translates to TN recruiting, Oklahoma is more apples to apples. Getting Garner was huge, I would have liked to see him get a known SEC recruiter on the offensive staff. SEC is still a LOS league, so I’m interested to see how well he recruits the trenches. Skill players make no difference if your OL is being crushed. Another reason why I think Garner is a solid hire, he knows this as much as anyone.

It’s hard to judge right now. He did well at Oklahoma, so I don’t think you can accurately judge how UCF recruiting translates to TN recruiting, Oklahoma is more apples to apples. Getting Garner was huge, I would have liked to see him get a known SEC recruiter on the offensive staff. SEC is still a LOS league, so I’m interested to see how well he recruits the trenches. Skill players make no difference if your OL is being crushed. Another reason why I think Garner is a solid hire, he knows this as much as anyone.

Kodi Burns is a known SEC recruiter on the offensive side of the ball.

This is so true. One of the big reasons Jones/Smith/Waddle looked so good for Bama because the QB could sit back there all day, make dinner, relax, then decide where he wants to go with the ball.

Tennessee has stayed in contact with him over the past couple months, with first-year offensive line coach Glen Elarbee serving as his primary recruiter.

"This is my first time going to Tennessee," Clipper said. "I’ve been talking to them for a while, and it’s been Coach Elarbee for the most part."

Clipper told 247Sports' Evan Watkins in February that he was hoping to decide on a college sometime this summer.

Last month, 247Sports' Andrew Ivins was complimentary of Clipper after seeing him in person at the Under Armour All-America Camp Series stop in Alpharetta, Ga., saying Clipper was among the "offensive linemen that caught our eyes" at the camp.

"Clipper, who grew up playing basketball, is extremely flexible for someone of his stature," Ivins wrote at the time.

Heupel's staff is looking to replenish Tennessee's depth on the offensive line in the 2022 class. The Vols have received two commitments for the 2022 class, but they're still looking for their first offensive lineman in the class. They signed three possible offensive linemen in their 2021 class, including two-way lineman Amari McNeill of Suwanee, Ga.
-Callahan

VN Store

Back