Per Hyams - Tennessee shut down due to Covid

China could invade us tomm or nuke Las Vegas and doubt we would do anything to them but beg for mercy. This isn’t the United States from WW 1 and 2. We are a country of sissy titty babies and PC “woke” hipsters. China would decimate us in a war. It’s sad what this country has turned into.
The USA needs Johnny Lawrence now more than ever.....

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
Here's the deal...

Ignore the virus, it wins.
Follow simple guidelines, it loses.

Quarantining less than 10 days (14 is better) is a loser.

If everyone, at any point since March 2020, would have (or would in the future) follow the simple guidelines of masking, 6 feet distancing, and washing hands for 2 weeks, this would have been (and will be) over. Don't do it and it won't until you either get the disease or get vaccinated.

Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it isn't there.

Argue all you want but biology wins the argument.
Oh my god you believe this? Lol

Reactions: kiddiedoc
Let's break it down more.

You and some dude are standing there naked. He pee-pees and some splashes on you.
Let's say then you happen to be wearing pants. When he pee-pees, only a little gets on you.
Now, just for kicks, let's say both of you are wearing pants. He pee-pees...you stay completely dry!

See? That's how masks work.

You saying pee-pees makes me laugh 😆 That’s what I say to my dog 🐶 Go make pee-pees.

Your proof to why the CDC mask recommendations and research are wrong are two links that go to

1. A fake domain pretending to the Center for Disease Control. (hint, the actual CDC doesn't start with "wwwnc")
Nonpharmaceutical Measures for Pandemic Influenza in Nonhealthcare Settings—Personal Protective and Environmental Measures

2. BMJ Open which describes itself as "an online, open access journal" and on the homepage notes that "Authors are asked to pay article-publishing charges on acceptance"

PSA for you pal, that's not a real Nigerian Prince asking for your bank account, that bridge isn't for sale, and there's no beachfront property in that state.

images

And same goes for @tnvols72 and @cobbwebb0710 who were also dumb enough to like it.

Rainbow_Swirl_Sucker_300x.jpg
lol you are a good little sheep , make you you get dressed to go out.fd29f48e6a54dceb.jpg

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Buddy, I've been a board-certified practicing physician for almost 20 years, and every doc in America would have told you the same damn thing about masks until April of last year. Remember the illustrious Dr. Fauci telling everyone not to wear them? There is a plethora of research on viral transmission prior to 2020 that shows no benefit using cloth or surgical masks. Have you stopped to wonder why areas and schools without mask mandates are doing EXACTLY THE SAME as areas with such mandates? Have you stopped to consider what happens to people's hands (like basketball coaches) when they rub all over their mask and pull it down to scream? This takes some critical thinking, which may interrupt your Googling of lollipop pictures.

Once you finish rambling about the Nigerian Prince, you might take time to surf the CDC's "National Center" (wwwnc.) website for yourself. Oops.

Additionally, the authors' response to the original BMJ article includes this for your consideration:
"We also did an analysis of all mask wearers, and the higher infection rate in cloth mask group persisted. The cloth masks may have been worse in our study because they were not washed well enough – they may become damp and contaminated. The cloth masks used in our study were products manufactured locally, and fabrics can vary in quality. This and other limitations were also discussed."

Why do surgeons wear masks?

Reactions: tnutater
Reasonable point, but you don't catch it from masks.
How so? Wouldn’t the masks have residual saliva molecules, etc?
I, by no means, claim that I’m a health expert or anything of that nature. Nor, am I seeking out an argument.
In my honest and somewhat humble opinion, COVID-19 is nothing more than a CONTROL FACTOR.

How so? Wouldn’t the masks have residual saliva molecules, etc?
I, by no means, claim that I’m a health expert or anything of that nature. Nor, am I seeking out an argument.
In my honest and somewhat humble opinion, COVID-19 is nothing more than a CONTROL FACTOR.

Masks do have residue, saliva, etc but Covid is contracted as an airborne illness. I wouldn't advise putting someone's dirty mask to your face and inhaling through it forcefully but short of that there is little risk of them causing disease.

Not sure about your concern regarding it being a CONTROL FACTOR. What would be the motive...to destroy the US and world economy? Who is exerting control? Once controlled, what is the benefit to the controller? I see no evidence there has been any control.

Why do surgeons wear masks?
How many months behind are you? This has all been covered last summer. Same with the pee-pee meme (which remains the dumbest comparison, yet).

As many of my friends are surgeons, I can answer your question easily: so nasty crap from the procedure doesn't splash onto their faces, and largely out of custom/appearance. Studies have clearly demonstrated that masks do not improve wound infection rates, despite the fact that bacteria (the culprit to blame for those) are many magnitudes larger in size than viruses.

How many months behind are you? This has all been covered last summer. Same with the pee-pee meme (which remains the dumbest comparison, yet).

As many of my friends are surgeons, I can answer your question easily: so nasty crap from the procedure doesn't splash onto their faces, and largely out of custom/appearance. Studies have clearly demonstrated that masks do not improve wound infection rates, despite the fact that bacteria (the culprit to blame for those) are many magnitudes larger in size than viruses.

Do you think children should be vaccinated against Covid?

Mandates don't work...only actual wearing of a mask works. I bet you were "mandated" and I bet you didn't comply with the mandate. This chart you show only represents a surrogate marker for masking.

Another way to look at it is like this: You are mandated to stop at stop signs. But it only works good if you actually stop at the stop sign.

Are you saying that hospital administrators influence doctors to make diagnoses that are incorrect to make more money?
Yes, in fact I am. In some cases with this COVID situation, they're even bypassing the doctors to make a 'diagnosis' as soon as a patient walks in the door (see hospital screening rooms where nurses check symptoms on a box and these are marked as 'COVID cases').

Scenarios like this have been going on for a long time, especially with our bonkers insurance system. Admins encourage doctors to overtest, overdiagnose, overprescribe, and on and on because that's the best way for them to pull in insurance money. This is not unique to COVID.

Take off the rose colored glasses and enter the real world.

Mandates don't work...only actual wearing of a mask works. I bet you were "mandated" and I bet you didn't comply with the mandate. This chart you show only represents a surrogate marker for masking.

Another way to look at it is like this: You are mandated to stop at stop signs. But it only works good if you actually stop at the stop sign.
I get a kick out of you all who love the mask. I never wore one, it's my personal choice and no one can force us to wear a dumbass mask. But you do have the right to wear one for the rest of your life so how about you make the choice you feel is best for you and we will make the choice we feel is best for us.

Reactions: tnvols72
Yes, in fact I am. In some cases with this COVID situation, they're even bypassing the doctors to make a 'diagnosis' as soon as a patient walks in the door (see hospital screening rooms where nurses check symptoms on a box and these are marked as 'COVID cases').

Scenarios like this have been going on for a long time, especially with our bonkers insurance system. Admins encourage doctors to overtest, overdiagnose, overprescribe, and on and on because that's the best way for them to pull in insurance money. This is not unique to COVID.

Then why don't hospitals just say everyone has cancer, heart attacks, strokes and make even more money? Why just pick on Covid?

Regarding your first paragraph...I thought the screening rooms were to identify patients with possible symptoms so that appropriate measures could be taken so as to not infect staff and other patients. In other words, if you fell and broke your leg and have no other symptoms, you probably just have a broken leg. But, if you fell and broke your leg and also have a fever, cough, can't smell, and haven't take simple precautions such as masking, you might also have Covid.

VN Store

Back