Players Arrested (Old news)

Standard procedure.
C'mon. Kids are roughhousing too loudly in the dorm, someone calls the police, they show up and the kids laugh it off......... but yeah, search everyone?

They didn't laugh it off. Something was up when the cops got there. THAT is the reason it didn't melt away as a "misunderstanding."

If this happened at Bama, Florida, or Georgia the same people in this thread saying it will all go away would be singing a much different tune. You’d think one of the people in this thread is the defense attorney with how hard he is fighting everything. I’ve never seen someone fight rumor so hard and not be involved...good lord dude

Socially naive would be someone who calls the police when nothing happened. That is exactly my point.
Not necessarily. You didn't hear and see what they saw. I have worked in a few different industries. In SC one of our guys had his arm eaten off up to the elbow by a textile machine. It is always better to say, "Sorry, it wasn't as bad as I thought" than "I wish I'd done something before this happened".

Naive is this ridiculous playground "snitch" thinking some here display.

Something happened. What? I don't know. But the fact the police AREN'T regularly called and arresting folks for weed possession in the dorm MAKES THE POINT.

As I said at the start, who calls the police to the dorm for nothing. This wasn't nothing.
And... it wasn't necessarily a good assumption that it was "nothing" when it was happening. You don't have a "point" until you KNOW what the circumstances were when the call was made. I don't either... but I'm not the one making claims like yours.

Football players being arrested for pot by UGA PD and ACCPD has been a pretty regular occurrence over the years. Some fairly recent ones are Brenton Cox, Robert Beal, Natrez Patrick, Chauncey Rivers, Elijah Holyfield, Riley Ridley. At least 5 of those were busted by UGA campus police, mostly for smoking in the dormitory room I believe. Over the last 15 years I can also remember football players arrested for public intoxication (player fell asleep in a public bathroom), minor in possession of alcohol (walking down the sidewalk with a beer), popping firecrackers on campus on 4th of July, shooting solo cups with a BB gun in a dorm room, driving mopeds with an expired license (several times during the Richt era), etc.

So, same stuff we do in college up in Knoxville, then?

C'mon. Kids are roughhousing too loudly in the dorm, someone calls the police, they show up and the kids laugh it off......... but yeah, search everyone?

They didn't laugh it off. Something was up when the cops got there. THAT is the reason it didn't melt away as a "misunderstanding."
Your opinion. Police followed standard procedure. All in all, without a CHARGE? They’ll be dealt with for misdemeanor possession.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
If this happened at Bama, Florida, or Georgia the same people in this thread saying it will all go away would be singing a much different tune. You’d think one of the people in this thread is the defense attorney with how hard he is fighting everything. I’ve never seen someone fight rumor so hard and not be involved...good lord dude
Those singing always stop when the players are playing in the first game. Other fan science. Conversely, some of the same denizens of justice on here would be lowballing the activities of other school’s miscreants. Tis the injustice of hating your own. 😢

No matter if you are for or against pot, as long as it is illegal then it is illegal. When/if it is made legal then there will be no problem with it. Illegal is Illegal whether you agree with it or not. I haven't tried the stuff since the mid 70's and since it is still illegal then I still will not try it. When it becomes legal, then I may burn one.

Reactions: Rooster1 and tbh
Not necessarily. You didn't hear and see what they saw. I have worked in a few different industries. In SC one of our guys had his arm eaten off up to the elbow by a textile machine. It is always better to say, "Sorry, it wasn't as bad as I thought" than "I wish I'd done something before this happened".

Naive is this ridiculous playground "snitch" thinking some here display.

And... it wasn't necessarily a good assumption that it was "nothing" when it was happening. You don't have a "point" until you KNOW what the circumstances were when the call was made. I don't either... but I'm not the one making claims like yours.
So you don't like my "snitches" thinking while you see the folks who were ripped off ACTUALLY adhering to it? What.... does reality bother you?

The attitude I'm seeing from you is: as long as we can keep down to the misdemeanor level for actual charges, who gives a dang what the athletes did.

I'll agree there's little chance we'll hear the real story and I'm not worried whether VN gets a full report but if UTAD doesn't know what the athletes are doing...... we're going to have a problem. What you're seeing is "testing of the mettle" of the new Athletic Department. This isn't about weed, even if the charges turn out to be nothing but a simple possession misdemeanor, and you likely suspect it isn't also. That I'll say it and you won't doesn't matter either.

What White, Heupel, et.al. do is what matters. What we're seeing is where the lines are going to be drawn for the behavior of UT football players by these new leaders. Let's hope THEY aren't afraid to address the reality of the situation head on.

W
No matter if you are for or against pot, as long as it is illegal then it is illegal. When/if it is made legal then there will be no problem with it. Illegal is Illegal whether you agree with it or not. I haven't tried the stuff since the mid 70's and since it is still illegal then I still will not try it. When it becomes legal, then I may burn one.

When I am in Colorado or Maine, or any other state where it is legal, I burn one occasionally. When I am anywhere else, I burn one occasionally.

Reactions: O.G.HomeGrownUTVOL

when I am in Colorado or Maine, or any state where it is legal, I burn one occasionally. When I am anywhere else, I burn one occasionally.

When I am in Colorado or Maine, or any other state where it is legal, I burn one occasionally. When I am anywhere else, I burn one occasionally.
when I am in Colorado or Maine, or any state where it is legal, I burn one occasionally. When I am anywhere else, I burn one occasionally.
More proof of the insidious double-post nature of weed use. It's a damn pandemic.

Your opinion. Police followed standard procedure. All in all, without a CHARGE? They’ll be dealt with for misdemeanor possession.
As I said earlier: Is that all that matters to you? What the police CHARGE? Who cares what the athletes do as long as it doesn't look so bad we have to dismiss them?

I'm not asking for "choir boys" AT ALL. I'm far from expecting great behavior from very young men but I expect better from myself when I assess situations like this. We have new football leadership and this is very likely more than "simple possession" (whether you want to be honest about what you think or not.)

This is HARDLY a test of whether these are "good young men" or "thugs" or whatever. This is a test for the administration of whether they want to send a message to the team of "guys, we're not putting up with dumba$$ behavior like this" or "okay, we're going be the kind of leaders who'll cover up, minimize, and spin dumba$$ behavior."

Something dumb, likely criminally dumb, occurred that wasn't just misdemeanor possession. Do I KNOW that beyond a shadow of a doubt? No.... and I'll wager neither will University Police when all is said and done..... but part of leadership is knowing that you won't always know 100%. This is a gut check. My gut says there's more here. What does yours say?

As I said earlier: Is that all that matters to you? What the police CHARGE? Who cares what the athletes do as long as it doesn't look so bad we have to dismiss them?

I'm not asking for "choir boys" AT ALL. I'm far from expecting great behavior from very young men but I expect better from myself when I assess situations like this. We have new football leadership and this is very likely more than "simple possession" (whether you want to be honest about what you think or not.)

This is HARDLY a test of whether these are "good young men" or "thugs" or whatever. This is a test for the administration of whether they want to send a message to the team of "guys, we're not putting up with dumba$$ behavior like this" or "okay, we're going be the kind of leaders who'll cover up, minimize, and spin dumba$$ behavior."

Something dumb, likely criminally dumb, occurred that wasn't just misdemeanor possession. Do I KNOW that beyond a shadow of a doubt? No.... and I'll wager neither will University Police when all is said and done..... but part of leadership is knowing that you won't always know 100%. This is a gut check. My gut says there's more here. What does yours say?
Fortunately we’re not bound by your “guts”. The “likely” part is YOUR interpretation which is an interpretation of actual facts. I think somebody heard loud noise and ruckus and panic called. The University Police are bound by available FACTS. They don’t get to make it up as they go along. If holding yourself up as morally superior keeps you warm at night...bully for you. We kicked Kivon Bennett out of school because he had possession AND a firearm. Kicked Emmitt Gooden out because he clear cut assaulted his girlfriend. There’s no AND established with this case. All we KNOW is that they were cited for misdemeanor possession. Reading anything else out of it as far as motivation of witnesses for calling the police is desperate speculation. Are they going to kick them out for first time offenses of possession? That would be your quoted “message sent”. My guess (and Austin Price’s for that matter) is no.

VN Store

Back