The Official Tennessee vs. #6 Alabama Game Thread, 1:00 PM ET, ESPN

It's on us turning the ball over. It's not getting better.
Are you aware the egregious game changing charge calls are classified as turnovers? You can’t look at total turnover #’s and discount the 4-5 charges that completely changed the momentum and style of play from that point forward.

No different than any other game I've watched this year. We got the calls when we were the agressor and they got them when they were the agressor. It's that simple.
Except for one little thing. We’d get aggressive and drive and Bama defenders were sliding and not set and we got the charging call at least 5 times. I only saw one instance where the refs correctly called the slide a blocking foul. The refs were bad and there is no debate about that.

Are you aware the egregious game changing charge calls are classified as turnovers? You can’t look at total turnover #’s and discount the 4-5 charges that completely changed the momentum and style of play from that point forward.
Agree. It seems the refs fell in love with calling charges this afternoon, that was what changed the momentum in the 2nd and we couldnt adjust

Reactions: 1985Vols
A few thoughts,
I’m glad we have Rick Barnes.
We gave bama all they wanted today.
SEC officiating is extremely erratic.
Uros has given us some decent minutes in the last 2 games.
Keon has a 2nd gear, if he can consistently find it, look out.
Even with a 15 pt lead, I never once felt like we had bama on the ropes.
We lost to the better team today.
GBO!!

I have a hard time believing that it won't be recommended to Gaines that he goes to a smaller program. He just doesn't have the skills. He was in for his height on defense.

I am not saying the guy is talented.

Expecting him to have stepped up in that situation is asinine though.

You want to blame someone, blame the guy who put him in the game.

He did what he was asked to do.

Played great defense on Jones that should have been a walk in the first place, instead gets an offensive foul called resulting him going to the free throw line.

SV was not able to guard him.

Reactions: ndubvols

I expect him to at least hit one.
Gaines did exactly what he was put in the game to do. He played D and got the rebound off of the forced bad shot. Then he choked at the line.
GBO!!

Just no excuses. It's time to go on a run in the tourney or Barnes needs to look in the mirror a bit. Yes I'm aware we only had such high expectations in large part due to Barnes to begin with. But dude. Win a championship of some sort. You're blowing everything you have built. One share of a regular season title is not going to save your ass forever. This team has too much talent to be where they are at this moment. It's as simple as that. Now just go win at least 4 games straight now and people will forgive you. Lol

Reactions: 1985Vols and Tnphil
UT got hosed by the refs the whole game and still almost won — they’ll get a good seed in The ncaa tournament and win a couple of games

This game is a microcosm of Rick Barnes teams and tenure at UT. Show promise for most of the season or game...get you hyped up for an improbable win...and then BOOM! Totally collapse in demoralizing fashion at the end. I would prefer he just get blown out from the get go instead of having to read "Tennessee blows big lead and loses to Alabama in SEC tournament." I don't need his continuous roller coaster rides that always end with the car coming off the tracks.
..... Like the last two Florida games. Right?

Except for one little thing. We’d get aggressive and drive and Bama defenders were sliding and not set and we got the charging call at least 5 times. I only saw one instance where the refs correctly called the slide a blocking foul. The refs were bad and there is no debate about that.
Yes they were

Reactions: birdie74
Man the end of that game was pitiful. UT spent 30 minutes showing they could beat anyone in the country, then 10 minutes showing why they don't deserve to be ranked.

Just no excuses. It's time to go on a run in the tourney or Barnes needs to look in the mirror a bit. Yes I'm aware we only had such high expectations in large part due to Barnes to begin with. But dude. Win a championship of some sort. You're blowing everything you have built. One share of a regular season title is not going to save your ass forever. This team has too much talent to be where they are at this moment. It's as simple as that. Now just go win at least 4 games straight now and people will forgive you. Lol
He’s won as many titles here as Pearl did and half the posters still worship the ground Pearl walks on.

Anybody talking about after Gaines missed the free throw. We had them stopped in the backcourt and if we didn’t foul they likely get a 10 second call. Difficult to remember that when you are in scramble mode though.

Disappointed in the loss. I did think, though, that the team played with fire and intensity, and gave Bama all it could handle. We can pick a nit here, and pick a nit there, but in the end it doesn't change the score. I thought Barnes had the team ready to play, I thought the game plan was good, and I thought they almost overcame the loss of Fulky. If he had been playing, I think it would have added about 8 points (at least) to our side of the ledger.

I was proud of the team, and look forward to seeing what they can get done in the NCAA.

Reactions: JCP201 and EZE

VN Store

Back