The Official Tennessee vs. #6 Alabama Game Thread, 1:00 PM ET, ESPN

The logic of not putting a complete liability on the floor because you don't know what's going to happen. Especially when your best defender is available

He isn’t a liability on defense. He was put in the game to do just that. So stupid fans are arguing about a move that worked. Y’all have fun yucking it up about 5 million.

I’m not going to hate on Gaines, he seems like a good dude. Just not a scholarship SEC player like quite a few other players on our roster. Barnes should’ve never had him in the game at that point. We are choke artists.

Refs blew it in the second half. Countless more-than-questionable offensive foul calls (we certainly committed a few), two times Herb drove the ball against good defense an just threw the ball out of bounds, and they gave them the ball. When Gaines got fouled at the end, he didn't even hardly get touched, plus Herb walked before that play when happened.

Those are the breaks sometimes, we played well and probably should have won. Uros played very well given the circumstances. Gaines needs to be taking a 1000 shots a day, and probably another 1000 after those are done. The kid just can't shoot, and he'll never get playing time going forward if he doesn't learn to shoot. Good athlete with long arms, and has good IQ on defense, but that means nothing if you can't shoot. Jo fouling out definitely hurt us as well.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
How badly was Keon injured after going under the scorer' s table? He had a great first half & limped with that ankle following the fall. Wasn't the same afterwards.

He isn’t a liability on defense. He was put in the game to do just that. So stupid fans are arguing about a move that worked. Y’all have fun yucking it up about 5 million.
And then you get stuck exactly where he got stuck at and what happened? Gonna call a timeout on the run out because that's the position Barnes put himself in with that decision. Or have a guy in James who has played all year and can contribute on both sides of the floor.

Reactions: Ttucke11
Ultimately it was not
I just disagree with your logic. For example, if Steph Curry has a wide open 3, shooting it is the right tactical move. That is true whether he makes it or misses it
Now, obviously this situation is not as cut and dry as that. But saying something wasn't the right strategic move just because the end result was not good... I just think thats not logical

Reactions: vavolfan6
Blowing into his hands like it's 30 below zero? He was clueless and intimidated by the situation. The whole team let the pressure of the moment throw them crying into the fetal position. No toughness or poise. That's coaching.
I mean we had guys like Admiral, Lamonte, and Grant who lived for those situations, coached by the same guy(s)...

Here we go. The internet all star. I could’ve hit at least one with my off hand coming out of the stands.

Show us your All State certificate, Uncle Rico.

All I'm saying is that it isn't that easy. If it was, we'd all be as good as you and the other posters who think missing a shot automatically means incompetency.

Am I misunderstanding something here? I was complaining about the excessive amount of charge calls that either should've been blocks or no calls (flops). Offensive fouls have not been called like they were today all season long, no way. Even the announcers remarked on it
I corrected my earlier reply. I meant to say charges and for some reason typed blocking. I have never seen as many charge calls as I have this year.

VN Store

Back