The Official Tennessee vs. Florida Game Thread, 2:00 PM ET, ESPN

It’s going to happen, but we also missed wide open shots. We shot 36% from 3, and I recall at least 3-4 wide open missed ones.
I'll take 36% from 3 land the rest of the way. If they bring the defensive intensity through tournament play, they'll have a chance to win every game

Reactions: VolGee4
Why are their comments about Barnes needing to retire m, etc?

TN win the game. Did something bad happen or did we almost give the game away? I haven’t had time to read or review stats as at work.
We got the Win so that’s great - survive and advance .

Thanks!

Someone is overreacting with heavy sarcasm over some valid Barnes criticism for the way the season played out.

If Alabama rolls us tomorrow someone will react the same way in the other direction.

Reactions: vol94
All you need to know about Pat Adams is watching his technical call on Jeronne Maymon. Bunny ears and thin skinned. Too bad we keep seeing him every year.
I was at that game. I think it was a tied ball game with about 4 or 5 minutes left and they called a phantom foul on Maymon. He made his case and was walking away from the ref and got T’d up and that was his 5th foul. Florida got to shoot 4 straight FT’s and it was pretty much over after that. That was way too close of a game for a ref to be giving a tech like that, especially whenever the ref made a bogus foul call to begin with.

Tennessee biggest problem is scoring droughts and letting one player have a field day behind the 3. Vescovi gets into trouble by leaving his man to help, he is just not quick enough to recover to defend the 3. Oh and FTs. I think this team comes to play tomorrow and ever who steps in for Fulk really needs to bring it

Tennessee biggest problem is scoring droughts and letting one player have a field day behind the 3. Vescovi gets into trouble by leaving his man to help, he is just not quick enough to recover to defend the 3. Oh and FTs. I think this team comes to play tomorrow and ever who steps in for Fulk really needs to bring it

The scoring droughts are just part of life on this team. We have a bunch of Robins but no Batman. Keon and Springer want to be that but still have freshman problems. I think Bailey has the mentality but not the skill. As someone said earlier, imagine this team with a Mann on it. Someone who could score and end runs and droughts nearly at will.

Reactions: tnvols72
Why are their comments about Barnes needing to retire m, etc?

TN win the game. Did something bad happen or did we almost give the game away? I haven’t had time to read or review stats as at work.
We got the Win so that’s great - survive and advance .

Thanks!
SARCASM

Reactions: vol94
The scoring droughts are just part of life on this team. We have a bunch of Robins but no Batman. Keon and Springer want to be that but still have freshman problems. I think Bailey has the mentality but not the skill. As someone said earlier, imagine this team with a Mann on it. Someone who could score and end runs and droughts nearly at will.

I imagine this team with the players that want to be here. Mann is going home early.

Someone is overreacting with heavy sarcasm over some valid Barnes criticism for the way the season played out.

If Alabama rolls us tomorrow someone will react the same way in the other direction.
There has been some valid criticism. There's been far more criticism that's not only invalid, but uninformed. Especially when whining about Barnes' salary. Many comments related to the whining are not just stupid, but extremely ignorant

I'll take 36% from 3 land the rest of the way. If they bring the defensive intensity through tournament play, they'll have a chance to win every game

I agree. Just saying the offense got open shots that were missed. Offense lookedmuch better.

Yes, I agree about Mann, however, Mike White was not running any offense to get Mann shots. It was one one one, and he made some contested shots. For all the criticism of Barnes’ offense, players like him make coaches look much better when they really don’t do anything special.

Pons won this game on the defensive end for Tennessee today and it was great to see Plavsic play and contribute a basket and a couple of rebounds.

I think Plavsic will get some minutes against Alabama tomorrow.

Reactions: Jax_Vol and VolGee4

There were really no droughts today. The lead never got under 9 once they extended the lead halfway through the first half. We also missed at least 3-4 open shots with no one within 5 feet.

Reactions: Border Vol
There were really no droughts today. The lead never got under 9 once they extended the lead halfway through the first half. We also missed at least 3-4 open shots with no one within 5 feet.
1 for 11 to end the first half....what’s your criteria for a scoring drought?

Reactions: tnvols72
Pons won this game on the defensive end for Tennessee today and it was great to see Plavsic play and contribute a basket and a couple of rebounds.

I think Plavsic will get some minutes against Alabama tomorrow.
I think Plasvic played a really good game today but there is no way that he can match up with anybody tomorrow. I would go with Olivier or even EJ

I think Plasvic played a really good game today but there is no way that he can match up with anybody tomorrow. I would go with Olivier or even EJ
he played better than usual but the drop off defensively from Fulk to Uro is huge....

VN Store

Back