John Fulkerson Injury

Eh, should never have the ability to choose an opposing player to sit. Penalty and repercussion should be for the fouling player only.
I see what you mean and raise you intentionally injuring Lebron with a cheap shot. Players should not be able to target the other teams most important players without severe consequences.

We’re lucky most players have ethics

I know I’m being ridiculous about this but there really should be a bigger penalty

Reactions: cardvolfan
You know that how?
I cover sports for a living (PT). No training staff in today’s world of concussions is going to clear a player after a blow to the head like that and Fulky’s response.

I could be wrong (as I don’t know his symptoms - other than he looked unsteady walking) but would be beyond shocked if he played again in the SEC tourney.

Last edited:
Definitely needs to call league office for possible additional penalties and ‘AA about rules changes to address these type of situations. Second blow probably could be called assault!
It was dirty play during an athletic competition. He was ejected, end of story. These things happen sometimes, but the last thing sports need is idiots calling for people to get assault charges for what goes in a game. Pussification of America continues....

It was dirty play during an athletic competition. He was ejected, end of story. These things happen sometimes, but the last thing sports need is idiots calling for people to get assault charges for what goes in a game. Pussification of America continues....

He intended to hurt Fulky.

It wasn’t just a basketball play.

He needs to be held accountable for his actions.

He intended to hurt Fulky.

It wasn’t just a basketball play.

He needs to be held accountable for his actions.
He was held accountable, he got ejected for the rest of the game, and may get suspended longer. It’s happens though, sometimes competitors lose their cool. No need to get your panties in a wad.

Not sure if this really hurts us, other than he is the "face" of this team.

I think we need a smaller lineup to have a chance at Bama.
Strongly disagree. We need Fulky playing to the potential that we saw on Sunday to make a run. I think this completely screws our chances. Damn Gator thug.

He was held accountable, he got ejected for the rest of the game, and may get suspended longer. It’s happens though, sometimes competitors lose their cool. No need to get your panties in a wad.
What if the elbow had killed him or gave him a severe brain injury?

I’m being silly but you have to draw a line somewhere. I don’t really think this should be assault but Payne definitely deserves more than ejection from the game. Ejection from one game halfway through is not a good penalty for intentionally injuring a guy for a week or more.

I think the girlfriend was telling him to go punch him lol

Wow, check out this opinion from the delicates section. Are we going to hear from sporting goods and petites or do you specialize in one department of the store?

Smdh...really? Do you wear a helmet when you go to the grocery store?
If a guy elbowed me like that at a grocery store and walked away, you can bet I would press charges and be mad as heck at that random guy.

I think it depends on the level of injury generally as to whether charges should be pressed in cases of intentional injury. Here? Probably not. Some of those cases in hockey where a guy stepped on another with his skate? Yeah, probably need to put that guy away

Suspension isn’t what I call being held accountable.

Make the kid pay for his hospital bill would be a better option.

Reactions: Lankykong
I hope Fulk gets better soon and his concussion wasn’t as bad as it looked.

I agree with others, Flagrant 2s need a worse penalty somehow. Like opposing coach chooses a player on your team to remove for the rest of the game or player is out for the rest of the year or something like that if you commit one (similar for extreme targeting examples). Currently, there’s an incentive to intentionally throw elbows from your scrubs to take a guy out of the game

Mike White should have also been ejected with Payne.

Finebaum said that Fulkerson's status for tomorrow's game is up in the air.

VN Store

Back