John Fulkerson Injury

Oh I think this is worse than anything that bitch Grayson Allen pulled. An elbow to the head is more serious
I agree 100%, but what makes Allen worse for me is the fact that he deliberately kept doing it. I lost respect for Coach K over his handling of that, and I respect the hell out of him.

Oh I think this is worse than anything that bitch Grayson Allen pulled. An elbow to the head is more serious
And that whole situation was the first time I've ever entertained the idea that the NCAA/ACC gives Duke preferential treatment. I'm usually not a conspiracy guy, but the fact that the governing bodies allowed to continue happening is sickening.

Truthfully, an elbow of that magnitude to the temporal bone can cause a life-threatening intracranial bleed via damage to the middle meningeal artery.
There’s risk with any head trauma.. and I think some people don’t realize it or take it too lightly. I know someone who was attacked and got punched in the side of the head. Had to have emergency surgery and could have died. Elbows get thrown in basketball and I definitely don’t think it’s on par w attacking someone but the risk is still there if you connect like he did.

There’s risk with any head trauma.. and I think some people don’t realize it or take it too lightly. I know someone who was attacked and got punched in the side of the head. Had to have emergency surgery and could have died. Elbows get thrown in basketball and I definitely don’t think it’s on par w attacking someone but the risk is still there if you connect like he did.
Exactly my concern too. I know I sound like a total b*tch with this story, but I had a scary slip in the shower when I was like 25. Temple landed squarely on the tub faucet as I completely fell down. Don't know how I never blacked out or even really had a headache, but maybe that's why I'm a dingus nowadays.

Welp, without Fulkerson, tomorrow becomes an almost impossible task. Silver lining is one more day of rest I suppose.

Frankly I didn't think we'd take UF again so theyve exceeded my expectations. Playin' with house money now.

Welp, without Fulkerson, tomorrow becomes an almost impossible task. Silver lining is one more day of rest I suppose.

Frankly I didn't think we'd take UF again so theyve exceeded my expectations. Playin' with house money now.

Don't be so quick to judge, this is why we have a 5 million Dollar coach doing more with less.....it may put this team into a 2nd gear

Last edited:
Reactions: i2amavol
Truthfully, an elbow of that magnitude to the temporal bone can cause a life-threatening intracranial bleed via damage to the middle meningeal artery.
I can technically win the lottery while buying only one ticket too. Possible but not very likely.

So you're an apologist for malicious assault...OK then.:rolleyes:
It’s a basketball game. The guy threw an elbow, anyone who has ever played the game knows this happens quite frequently. This may be assault if they were in the middle of marching band practice, but basketball is a contact sport.

Reactions: The Dog
It’s a basketball game. The guy threw an elbow, anyone who has ever played the game knows this happens quite frequently. This may be assault if they were in the middle of marching band practice, but basketball is a contact sport.
I agree, man. Yes, it was cheap and if Payne gets suspended for a game, I'm cool with that, but throwing him off the team or pressing charges is ridiculous, imo

Reactions: jarnol32
Suspension isn’t what I call being held accountable.

Make the kid pay for his hospital bill would be a better option.
You realize the schools pay for the athletes medical bills don’t you? If seeing an elbow scares you this bad maybe you should consider watching something a little less intense... Choir practice, flute recitals, I would say cheerleading, but someone may get kicked during a routine and you would want to call in the Knoxville pd.

Reactions: VOLnVANDYland
He was held accountable, he got ejected for the rest of the game, and may get suspended longer. It’s happens though, sometimes competitors lose their cool. No need to get your panties in a wad.
That elbow had nothing to do with playing basketball and everything to do with injuring Fulky. It wasn't a rough play, it wasn't a physical play it was use of excessive force to disable or injure a defenseless player. The guy should be held accountable for his action. Whatever that is and I don't mean suspension form competition.

You realize the schools pay for the athletes medical bills don’t you? If seeing an elbow scares you this bad maybe you should consider watching something a little less intense... Choir practice, flute recitals, I would say cheerleading, but someone may get kicked during a routine and you would want to call in the Knoxville pd.
WTH is wrong with you? I've watched a ridiculous number of basketball games since I last saw such an egregious act. Elbows flying around are one thing. An intentional blind-side blow to the head is a completely different story.

Ok tough guy.

Since you know all about it, how about you take an intentional elbow to the head twice and see how you feel afterwards? Oh wait, it was during a basketball game so it isn’t a big deal.

You’re really making it hard for others to take you seriously right now.

That elbow had nothing to do with playing basketball and everything to do with injuring Fulky. It wasn't a rough play, it wasn't a physical play it was use of excessive force to disable or injure a defenseless player. The guy should be held accountable for his action. Whatever that is and I don't mean suspension form competition.
It was a blind elbow the guy threw while not even looking at him. Was it dirty yes, but it wasn’t like he sucker punched him. He was ejected from the game, so he was held accountable. It’s not like they just let him keep playing. Put down your pitchforks and dig your panties out of your crotches you bunch of Karens.

Reactions: VOLnVANDYland
Ok tough guy.

Since you know all about it, how about you take an intentional elbow to the head twice and see how you feel afterwards? Oh wait, it was during a basketball game so it isn’t a big deal.

You’re really making it hard for others to take you seriously right now.
So what do you think they should do? Have the Cops show up and book him?

It was a blind elbow the guy threw while not even looking at him. Was it dirty yes, but it wasn’t like he sucker punched him. He was ejected from the game, so he was held accountable. It’s not like they just let him keep playing. Put down your pitchforks and dig your panties out of your crotches you bunch of Karens.
He knew where Fulk was standing. That was with bad intentions. You can eat a bowl of **** for all I care.

VN Store

Back