Any news on to’o to’o and crouch?

There was less loyalty in this last group of Vol players than any in recent memory.....unfortunately

Not much Loyalty to the University of Tennessee anymore, again, very unfortunate
We need to be the top choice for in state players. These out of state guys get homesick and bolt.

Reactions: kbear01
Has there been any on these players at all
It’s sad really. Neither of them have been great players, but they are the best UT had to put on the field. I don’t think either could start at LSU, UGA, UF, Bama, or AU.

Reactions: Hbg
They don't bleed orange ! U don't understand the true meaing of FAMILY until later on in life ! Please stop asking !!!

Amazing how things changed from that night in Jacksonville vs Indiana to now.

Attachments

• 542A9B97-BAC6-40A9-B414-3A096ECD926E.jpeg
    542A9B97-BAC6-40A9-B414-3A096ECD926E.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 80
It's easy to point fingers and spread blame for the 2020 season. A satellite view of the season was.. hey, we went 3-7 and one of those wins was Vanderbilt that had a girl score on us. So you could almost say, in reality 2-7. So the satellite view is the whole team sucked, even those that didn't suck actually sucked too.

Now the microscope view.. We had an uninspiring coaching staff that could barely get a half of play out of this team. Why did we tank in the third quarter so many times? Could have been strength and conditioning - we were really bad in the second half all season. Could also have been lack of adjustments, or the fact that perhaps there was more talent on the bench that wasn't being used - who knows.

We've had a couple of seasons where it was obvious the team had thrown in the towel early on. That also happened in the year Butch got canned.

Maxim number 7:
7. Carry the fight to our opponent and keep it there for 60 minutes.

Last couple of seasons have made a mockery of Neyland's number 7. I hope Heupel and the debris that is left over from the 2020 season find a way to bring number 7 back to life. I've asked myself, as a season ticket holder (Are you listening Danny White?), "If the team doesn't seem to want to play, why should I as a fan, want to be there?"
All these double digit losses to the teams I hate have battered a fan already suffering from battered Vol syndrome. The transfer portal needs to be like a subway turnstile- once it "clicks" you can't go back.

Last edited:
If you mean that UT upsets BAMA them bravo. If you mean that he will help his new team defeat his old team then show a little more class when you are visiting a rival forum

Butch didn’t. I can’t care if they smoke cigars or not. Not until I know Tennessee really cares.

That was fools gold. Tennessee should have won that game by 2 TDs at least. I was never a Pruitt guy but that game concerned me as much as BYU. I never expected anything from Peanutnut after that.
I agree. But the team won the game and Henry T, the team and fans were happy. We sat rt behind the bench on UT sideline.

I knew then Shrout would transfer as he went off on a profanity laced tirade on one of the coaches after Maurer was benched and JG trotted back into the game.

Shrout must have thought he was going into the game as he went off on the sideline and pouted the rest of the game until the the final four min when we scored and then insides kick.
My son and I felt so uncomfortable as Shrout made eye contact with us and knew we saw and heard what he said. He kept looking at us and even nodded at us.
It was the weirdest feeling I’ve ever had as a fan. 😂

Reactions: Carl Pickens
If you mean that UT upsets BAMA them bravo. If you mean that he will help his new team defeat his old team then show a little more class when you are visiting a rival forum

Never understood why a person would log onto his team’s rival message board or call in show.
99 Gator is okay but still don’t understand unless he is a Vol fan too. Oh well. To each his own.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
There was less loyalty in this last group of Vol players than any in recent memory.....unfortunately

Not much Loyalty to the University of Tennessee anymore, again, very unfortunate

Probably due to more cash being involved this time than in recent memory....

I agree. But the team won the game and Henry T, the team and fans were happy. We sat rt behind the bench on UT sideline.

I knew then Shrout would transfer as he went off on a profanity laced tirade on one of the coaches after Maurer was benched and JG trotted back into the game.

Shrout must have thought he was going into the game as he went off on the sideline and pouted the rest of the game until the the final four min when we scored and then insides kick.
My son and I felt so uncomfortable as Shrout made eye contact with us and knew we saw and heard what he said. He kept looking at us and even nodded at us.
It was the weirdest feeling I’ve ever had as a fan. 😂

Winning was why it was fools gold. Tennessee wasn’t going to beat good teams ( forget beating great teams) with that level of coaching. It was embarrassing but majority of our fans saw it as a win so it was great. Forget we barely beat a program that hadn’t been in a bowl game in 20 yrs.

Reactions: vol94 and Hbg
It’s sad really. Neither of them have been great players, but they are the best UT had to put on the field. I don’t think either could start at LSU, UGA, UF, Bama, or AU.

Crouch would definitely be an SEC starter on any team other than perhaps Bama, perhaps not at LB though, he was a valued RB coming out of HS. TooToo would be a LB starter on any team in the P5 in this nation.

Bless his heart why? He's right. Never understood why you dudes always stick up for these rival's teams fans. Dude is extremely condescending towards Tennessee and you people defend him. Gross.
I agree. Stomach-turning.

It is called Stockholm Syndrome. Captives or abuse victims can come to identify with and adopt the perspective of their abusers/captors. It is a heartbreaking psychological disorder.

Now, the degree of dominance and control are obviously much weaker among football rivals. But there are still people weak enough to develop a form of this syndrome even with so small a degree of coercion.

Most folks in a position of disadvantage, as we've been with Florida lately, will continue to treat the opponents as rivals. Others, the weak ones, come to think of them as superior and attempt to bond with them. That's what we're seeing, the ones who want to bond with the gator fans as a way of currying favor from what they perceive as their "betters."

It truly is sickening. But there's a surprising amount of it on these boards. Weak people.

Last edited:
I agree. Stomach-turning.

It is called Stockholm Syndrome. Captives or abuse victims can come to identify with and adopt the perspective of their abusers/captors. It is a heartbreaking psychological disorder.

Now, the degree of dominance and control are obviously much weaker among football rivals. But there are still people weak enough to develop a form of this syndrome even with so small a degree of coercion.

Most folks in a position of disadvantage, as we've been with Florida lately, will continue to treat the opponents as rivals. Others, the weak ones, come to think of them as superior and attempt to bond with them. That's what we're seeing, the ones who want to bond with the gator fans as a way of currying favor from what they perceive as their "betters."

It truly is sickening. But there's a surprising amount of it on these boards. Weak people.
I agree, I don’t understand trashing one’s own team to a rival. But, there are (surprisingly) a couple of UF fans on here who are respectful and bring an interesting perspective - Jaws and another one whose name I can’t remember.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP

VN Store

Back