Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is how ESPN ranked Heupel’s QBs and our QBs over the years. Note: Chuckie Keaton was plagued by injuries over his career and particularly while Heupel was at USU so Heupel had to go with a kid named Kent Myers. He made Myers the #1 ESPN rated QB in the conference in that one year.

In order to qualify for a season rating by ESPN’s QBR you had to have a minimum amount of playing time. None of our QBs in 2013 or 2017 qualified. The old saying if you have more than one QB you don’t have any QB sort of plays out with ESPN’s system. Additionally, the idea that some fans say that Dobbs essentially kept Butch as our head coach is sort of supported by the idea than Butch never had any other QB.

I’m not sure about Hendon Hooker but the guy is a legitimate DT QB. Apparently he was also recruited by Heupel when he was at Missouri. ESPN had Hooker as the 3rd best QB in the ACC in 2019 but he fell to 8th best in 2020. I think Bailey is our best bet this year and I think he is our future but that’s not my call to make. I also haven’t yet figured out officially why HH parted ways with VT. I’m assuming he lost the job but I don’t know. I’ll be a bit surprised if the call does not come down to these 2 guys in Heupel’s first year with us. jmo.

View attachment 355953
It should also be noted, and correct me if I'm wrong, but espn's total qbr also accounts for rushing and yet most of Heupel's QBs were not runners at all.

It has also spit out some completely absurd results. Though it has been tweaked since, in 2010:

"quarterback Charlie Batch had the greatest individual game ever evaluated by QBR with a score of 99.9 against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on September 26, 2010. Batch threw for 186 yards with three touchdowns and two interceptions in the game. He also ran five times for 26 yards."

Reactions: 3nUTnow
Boom!

In our weekend roundtable we discussed players who could have enhanced their already high stock during McDonald's All-American week. Kennedy Chandler got a vote. For the record, I think Chandler is now seen by our entire hoops team of analysts as the best PG in the 2021 class so he's going to be moving up when we finalize rankings.

That is great. I've never had to defend my little sister, my wife, or my daughters but I stand ready when I'm needed.
Same here. I just kinda let it be known that I would, in fact, kill them without hesitation and feel good about myself afterward. Been working for 30 years :) I love/care about my girls way more than I care about myself... if that makes sense.

Here is how ESPN ranked Heupel’s QBs and our QBs over the years. Note: Chuckie Keaton was plagued by injuries over his career and particularly while Heupel was at USU so Heupel had to go with a kid named Kent Myers. He made Myers the #1 ESPN rated QB in the conference in that one year.

In order to qualify for a season rating by ESPN’s QBR you had to have a minimum amount of playing time. None of our QBs in 2013 or 2017 qualified. The old saying if you have more than one QB you don’t have any QB sort of plays out with ESPN’s system. Additionally, the idea that some fans say that Dobbs essentially kept Butch as our head coach is sort of supported by the idea than Butch never had any other QB.

I’m not sure about Hendon Hooker but the guy is a legitimate DT QB. Apparently he was also recruited by Heupel when he was at Missouri. ESPN had Hooker as the 3rd best QB in the ACC in 2019 but he fell to 8th best in 2020. I think Bailey is our best bet this year and I think he is our future but that’s not my call to make. I also haven’t yet figured out officially why HH parted ways with VT. I’m assuming he lost the job but I don’t know. I’ll be a bit surprised if the call does not come down to these 2 guys in Heupel’s first year with us. jmo.

View attachment 355953

This is what gives me great hope, thanks for putting it together. If you have good QB play you will win more - period. Had this program had good QB play since Dobbs, CJH/staff may not be here now.

Same here. I just kinda let it be known that I would, in fact, kill them without hesitation and feel good about myself afterward. Been working for 30 years :) I love/care about my girls way more than I care about myself... if that makes sense.

Complete sense. Deep sense of devotion to my wife and girls.

Jerry Meyer mentioned yesterday in an article on 247 that the rumblings are Tamba and BHH are leaning reclassification to 21 to go to TN to play with Chandler. Tamba is a Kyle Alexander raw type prospect though.
We bemoan the loss of Schofield, Williams and Bone but have never replaced Alexander’s skillset...limited as it was.

Gotta disagree with you. Pruitt's defenses here looked lost most of the time.
Kept waiting for the defensive genius to kick in. We were still having issues lining up late season 2. That’s a red flag that I had an issue with but glossed over. Never signed on for the constant position switches tho...not enough sunshine in the world.

Man, that’s awful on so many levels.... what’s wrong with people?
Lady contacted a coach or the coach. Was asked what she wanted. She said she doesn’t want him to play in the bowl game. Said she wanted some sort of punishment for his actions. Coach told her Guice grew up in a bad environment. That was it. Said they hung up and never reached out to her again.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Chaney is now an analyst. No words can describe how much we upgraded on offense.

Pruitt (as DC) >> Banks, but Garner and Martinez around give some assurance. Plenty of experience on that side of the ball.

Not saying that Chaney could get a better job right now, but I’m guessing he went the Butch route to just get an analyst job since we are paying 1.5 million. When he came to UT, he said he loved the area. So, I bet he kept his house/land and not needed full time by the Saints.

Last edited:
I have fought that beast. 11 shots, that I remember, in about an hour, hour and a half time period. Only time I ever blacked out from drinking. We used to shoot Clear before going to the club, then once we hit the club, we could nurse a drink and maintain our drunk. We got the bright idea to play a game doing shots of Clear one night, and I think it's safe to say the Everclear won.
Haaaa, same here.. Back in college (when we were usually broke), me and a couple of buddies would buy a fifth of Beam for around $5, shoot it, hit a bar and nurse a couple of drinks.. We piled all the empty bottles in the corner of the kitchen. By the time I moved out later that year, there was a pile of bottles about waste high...

We would pat ourselves on the back for being economical but still getting a good buzz on... 😎

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back