Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did we ever confirm Florida had a scrimmage? I don’t see anything anywhere.

Edit: nm... just saw a post on their 247 board about it, not a ‘scriber.

The Rocker - Rumph combo was elite and it showed with performance on the field on year 2 with the consequent dramatic drop off after they left.

In hindsight Pruitt running off that entire initial defensive staff and should’ve been a major red flag.
If we're talking hindsight him being a slack jawed ,inarticulate Gump should have been the big red flag.

I agree with you two but we have to teach our daughters to be smart and protect themselves. The world is not going to do it for them.

We do. My daughter has also taken jiu jitsu. She is a competitive dancer. Most boys would rather have me destroy them than my daughter high kick them in the junk...if she did, their testicles would be wrapped around their uvula...if they didn’t actually explode on contact 😳

However, having the threat of a Nuclear Holocaust Dad during the teenage years is comforting to said daughter.

Here is how ESPN ranked Heupel’s QBs and our QBs over the years. Note: Chuckie Keaton was plagued by injuries over his career and particularly while Heupel was at USU so Heupel had to go with a kid named Kent Myers. He made Myers the #1 ESPN rated QB in the conference in that one year.

In order to qualify for a season rating by ESPN’s QBR you had to have a minimum amount of playing time. None of our QBs in 2013 or 2017 qualified. The old saying if you have more than one QB you don’t have any QB sort of plays out with ESPN’s system. Additionally, the idea that some fans say that Dobbs essentially kept Butch as our head coach is sort of supported by the idea than Butch never had any other QB.

I’m not sure about Hendon Hooker but the guy is a legitimate DT QB. Apparently he was also recruited by Heupel when he was at Missouri. ESPN had Hooker as the 3rd best QB in the ACC in 2019 but he fell to 8th best in 2020. I think Bailey is our best bet this year and I think he is our future but that’s not my call to make. I also haven’t yet figured out officially why HH parted ways with VT. I’m assuming he lost the job but I don’t know. I’ll be a bit surprised if the call does not come down to these 2 guys in Heupel’s first year with us. jmo.

ScreenHunter 686.png

The initial Sherrer - Rumph - Rocker - Fair - Kelly defensive staff was pretty impressive and I believe it was better than our current staff. This offensive staff is going to be significantly better than anything Pruitt ever had.

The initial impression was impressive. However, it didn’t last. Likely due to Pruitt’s micromanaging skills. He is also to blame for the woes of the offense, same micromanaging skills at work...

I think that the new defensive staff has two better things going for it: they are hungry to prove themselves and they have a HC that will let them do their jobs. They have a bunch of defensive players that want to prove themselves as well...

I think that the entire coaching staff wants to prove themselves on the toughest stage of college football.

Here is how ESPN ranked Heupel’s QBs and our QBs over the years. Note: Chuckie Keaton was plagued by injuries over his career and particularly while Heupel was at USU so Heupel had to go with a kid named Kent Myers. He made Myers the #1 ESPN rated QB in the conference in that one year.

In order to qualify for a season rating by ESPN’s QBR you had to have a minimum amount of playing time. None of our QBs in 2013 or 2017 qualified. The old saying if you have more than one QB you don’t have any QB sort of plays out with ESPN’s system. Additionally, the idea that some fans say that Dobbs essentially kept Butch as our head coach is sort of supported by the idea than Butch never had any other QB.

I’m not sure about Hendon Hooker but the guy is a legitimate DT QB. Apparently he was also recruited by Heupel when he was at Missouri. ESPN had Hooker as the 3rd best QB in the ACC in 2019 but he fell to 8th best in 2020. I think Bailey is our best bet this year and I think he is our future but that’s not my call to make. I also haven’t yet figured out officially why HH parted ways with VT. I’m assuming he lost the job but I don’t know. I’ll be a bit surprised if the call does not come down to these 2 guys in Heupel’s first year with us. jmo.

View attachment 355953
You gotta stop with these posts - you are making me hopeful!

Spieth just aced the 222 yard #2 after birdie on #1 at Bay Hill. Getting his act together again. Pro golf is better when Jordan Spieth plays well.

EDIT: Then promptly hits his drive in the water on #3. Oh well...

EDIT #2: Then promptly makes a 30' putt for par. Oh my...

Well at least he is prompt. I can't stand it when golfers are late.

Somebody posted the 2003 win over #4 Miami on VQ. Had me going back over old team records.

2003 10-3
2004 10-3 *Won East
2005 5-6
2006 9-4
2007 10-4 *Won East
2008 5-7

Obviously the 5-win seasons were especially egregious back then, but MAN. We would kill for winning 9+ games 66% of the time and going to Atlanta 33% of the time right now.

Idc if Phil really did get a bit relaxed or the offense struggled after Cut, we undeniably would have had such a better last 14 years if we had not fired him. IF we ever find a NC HC again, I hope we remember this period of time we have currently endured.

University of Washington copied UT by building their stadium on the water. (Only two major universities with this distinction). They fell short trying to run through the W or the H.
They almost succeeded with running through the U, but were confused as to why the players ended back at the tunnel...😁

Coaches were like...
3og0ICZh82LEsNjHoc.gif

The Rocker - Rumph combo was elite and it showed with performance on the field on year 2 with the consequent dramatic drop off after they left.

In hindsight Pruitt running off that entire initial defensive staff and should’ve been a major red flag.
Remember this being said at the time...but some did not want to hear it either. I posted Brumbaugh's poor past performance on a chart and the only responses were deflecting from his piss track record. And that's all fine. But I do think we blinded ourselves some during that time. But it will happen again as Vols fans and I'm sure I'll be on the other side of it next time. What else do we have but hope for necks year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back