Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday
Sep. 4Bowling Green FalconsNeyland Stadium, Knoxville, TNTime TBA ETTV TBASaturday
Sep. 11Pitt PanthersNeyland Stadium, Knoxville, TNTime TBA ETTV TBASaturday
Sep. 18Tennessee Tech Golden EaglesNeyland Stadium, Knoxville, TNTime TBA ETTV TBASaturday
Sep. 25at Florida GatorsBen Hill Griffin Stadium, Gainesville, FLTime TBA ETTV TBASaturday
Oct. 2at Missouri TigersFaurot Field, Columbia, MOTime TBA ETTV TBASaturday
Oct. 9South Carolina GamecocksNeyland Stadium, Knoxville, TNTime TBA ETTV TBASaturday
Oct. 16Ole Miss RebelsNeyland Stadium, Knoxville, TNTime TBA ETTV TBASaturday
Oct. 23at Alabama Crimson TideBryant-Denny Stadium, Tuscaloosa, ALTime TBA ETTV TBASaturday
Oct. 30OFFSaturday
Nov. 6at Kentucky WildcatsKroger Field, Lexington, KYTime TBA ETTV TBASaturday
Nov. 13Georgia BulldogsNeyland Stadium, Knoxville, TNTime TBA ETTV TBASaturday
Nov. 20South Alabama JaguarsNeyland Stadium, Knoxville, TNTime TBA ETTV TBASaturday
Nov. 27Vanderbilt CommodoresNeyland Stadium, Knoxville, TNTime TBA ETTV TBA

Think you have to tier these:
Likely W's - Bowling Green, Tennessee Tech, South Alabama
50/50 leaning W - South Carolina, Vanderbilt
50/50 leaning L - Pitt, Mizzou, Ole Miss, Kentucky
Likely L's - Florida, Alabama, Georgia

Pitt is too early in the season to call one way or another. I'd think we'd still be gelling but it would be a helluva win early.
@ Missouri is asking a lot, but maybe Heupel gets the team up for a former employer.
South Carolina features a new coach as well, the game is at home, likely a bounce-back spot. Maybe our offense is clicking by then.
Ole Miss is at home, and will likely be a raucous crowd if we're filling it up, but Kiffin has a big head start on Heupel in a lot of ways. I do not envy our defense on this day.
@ Kentucky is also asking a lot, and they are a steady program now. Would be a tall task to outperform them on the road late in the season when attrition is catching up to us.
Vanderbilt is a huge game for both coaches, but I think we have the edge. Chance to end the season on a high note.

It bodes well for us that so many split games are at home.

I could see 5-7 with 6-6 as a manageable stretch goal. I think we have 3 wins coming out of the bye with Kentucky, Georgia, South Alabama, and Vanderbilt left to get to bowl eligibility. You just have to wonder if attrition, injuries, or attitude are an issue. You also have to think our defense is wrecked by then. Can we score 150+ points in the month of November?

I would love to be at the Pitt game. Canā€™t wait to see what ticket/capacity looks like.

Adds to the phantom number and more articles. šŸ˜“

Yeah, probably the intent of going in now. But for whatever reason, when I read Gooden, I was thinking Emerson. I thought we were actually losing someone new, not someone we lost a long time ago.

I usually don't feel too comfortable sharing personal information online and such but I spend a lot of time on here.

My grandfather passed away today. I've had great grandparents pass when I was a kid and teen. But this is an indescribable pain at the moment. He was my papaw. But growing up without a dad he also stepped up in that role so much throughout my life. It hurts because he was only 63, I never thought this would happen anytime this soon. He never got to see me marry or have a kid of my own, I have a lot of regrets but deep down I know he wouldn't want me feeling guilty about anything. He would want me to live. That's what I plan on doing.

Oh by the way, BIG ORANGE FAN UNTIL THE VERY END. He always joked he wanted to be put in the body farm in Knoxville. But hes being buried with a beautiful power T. This is why no matter the state of the program, I'll never give up on UT. It was one of things I bonded with my papaw the most.
. My condolences and prayers for your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back