Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really pulling for Heupel and his crew. The amount of overly negative bull**** being thrown at them sickens me. After seeing what Heupel has done with his QBs everywhere he has been in his career, Horn is a idiot for going to Mizzou.

Dorkwitz doesn't have half the offensive and QB development resume Heupel has put together.

When studying Drew Lock's career at Mizzou, the before, during and after of Heupel’s effect on his numbers is astonishing.

Go look up the Allar thread and watch the highlights. Ohio kid. May be a blessing in disguise the others committed elsewhere. OSU already has the #1 rated QB committed.

Personally, I don’t trust case studies due to fact they the author typically uses information to back up the conclusion that they wanted..... Despite that..... I will do my case study: I looked at five teams.... Auburn basketball, Auburn Football, North Carolina Basketball, LSU basketball, Auburn Football, Ole Miss football, Missouri athletics...... All the teams besides Missouri fought back..... none of the teams received any type of real punishment besides ole miss whose punishment was not much more than Missouri’s..... the NCAA called what ole miss was doing the worse cheating that they had seen in years.... Missouri was very upset that the NCAA was as hard on them as they were when it was proven that it was a rogue tutor..
How’d they “fight back”? Are you suggesting they didn’t comply? Speaking of UNC, they weren’t exactly forthcoming with violations in their football program under Butch Davis...how’d that end up working for them?
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill football scandal - Wikipedia

I’d bet he sticks with Mizzu. Not many QBs flip

Usually, but 2022 class has already seen 2 of the top 5 QBs flip which is pretty wild. Though both were cases of early commits and a flip with more than a year til signing day which is probably the most likely scenario for QB flips. Probably not many qbs flip with less than a year til signing day.

*this was mostly a post to agree with you, but just pointing out that it's odd that this class has seen more high profile QBs flip than I remember in years past*

That guy to the right of Pearl is a kid I grew up with. Little known fact, for a while (and maybe still to this day) he was the winningest player in UT men's bball history. Never started a game, but was on the team 5 years during that era, so he technically had more wins than anyone else ever had.

That's a cool story. We need to get him back as a GA. We need all the good vibes we can get.

Best thing we can do is support the players we have and the players we get, and hope they overachieve. Dwelling on star ratings and recruiting rankings isn't going to help. We are legitimately back to square one in a rebuild. Maybe even further back than that, depending on what the NCAA does. But win and the players will eventually come.
Square 0?

Dude. Nolen is good but he can't play QB. Come on.

Nolen is something we don't currently have on the roster - an elite D-Line guy. We have QB's, and we'll add another this recruiting cycle. Players like Nolen to me, are much more important. CJH's system allows QB's without 5 star talent to thrive. No replacement for elite D linemen.

How’d they “fight back”? Are you suggesting they didn’t comply? Speaking of UNC, they weren’t exactly forthcoming with violations in their football program under Butch Davis...how’d that end up working for them?
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill football scandal - Wikipedia
See that’s my point..... North Carolina received the same if not less penalties than Missouri.... Missouri turned themselves in and did the investigation.... North Carolina, also committed much worse violations..... They not only had a tutor doing work(same violationas Missouri) but an assistant coach and players received money to go to particular sports agents.
The NCAA has very limited investigative properties.... doing the investigation for them is silly, imo. If you lawyer and fight back..... the NCAA usually backs to a degree bc it is not worth their time or effort.

Nolen is something we don't currently have on the roster - an elite D-Line guy. We have QB's, and we'll add another this recruiting cycle. Players like Nolen to me, are much more important. CJH's system allows QB's without 5 star talent to thrive. No replacement for elite D linemen.

Zactly!

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Bragging about tertiary sports or complaining constantly about how bad our primary sports are.

I'm not sure which is sadder from a fan's perspective to be honest.
Being in a place where you can crap on a historically great women’s basketball program is winning in it’s own right.

Nolen would be an awesome get but that's the kind of player we don't usually land even when we're good. Hopefully, Garner can work some magic.

See that’s my point..... North Carolina received the same if not less penalties than Missouri.... Missouri turned themselves in and did the investigation.... North Carolina, also committed much worse violations..... They not only had a tutor doing work(same violationas Missouri) but an assistant coach and players received money to go to particular sports agents.
The NCAA has very limited investigative properties.... doing the investigation for them is silly, imo. If you lawyer and fight back..... the NCAA usually backs to a degree bc it is not worth their time or effort.
Loss of 15 scholarships! That ain’t nothing! And they had to fire a winning HC who was eventually cleared of wrongdoing. It didn’t work out for them so I didn’t prove your point for you. You need to get it out of your head that we were going to get away with it if Plowman had ignored what was plopped on her desk. It’s not reality. She did her job and we’ll be all right.

NCAA decision irrelevant. Plowman could have saved a lot of frustration in November. Her signature is all over everything. Phil made a bad hire. REALLY bad. We didn’t know that at the time. Shoot most didn’t know that in October, when we were stonewalling Georgia at the goal line. Several were leery year before after GaSt. Following sports are like that. Winds shift quickly. No need to be a cuck to Fulmer.

Fulmer made a lot of bad hires...Randy Sanders...Dave Clawson...Jeremy Pruitt...he pushed Jim Chaney.

It might be easier to name his good hires...Rodney Garner...the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back