Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all the transfers and questions about how long it will take to implement the new system.

It seems his system is very easy to implement. Doesn't take his QB 3 years just to get us into the right plays, alignment, etc. It is basically "plug-and-play". Good reason why Hype's WORST season ever was still 29 ppg.

And this is so big for us because our last 2 coaches have fallen victim to one-off catastrophic seasons. Both Butch and JP would have survived longer if they didn't have downright record-breaking awful seasons, both of which had an atrocious offense. Hype won't have that happen.

Good chance he survives longer than 5 years because of this and he'll have time to build something real.

I usually don't feel too comfortable sharing personal information online and such but I spend a lot of time on here.

My grandfather passed away today. I've had great grandparents pass when I was a kid and teen. But this is an indescribable pain at the moment. He was my papaw. But growing up without a dad he also stepped up in that role so much throughout my life. It hurts because he was only 63, I never thought this would happen anytime this soon. He never got to see me marry or have a kid of my own, I have a lot of regrets but deep down I know he wouldn't want me feeling guilty about anything. He would want me to live. That's what I plan on doing.

Oh by the way, BIG ORANGE FAN UNTIL THE VERY END. He always joked he wanted to be put in the body farm in Knoxville. But hes being buried with a beautiful power T. This is why no matter the state of the program, I'll never give up on UT. It was one of things I bonded with my papaw the most.

So sorry for your loss. There will always be a whole in your heart. Praying for you.

I have a feeling this will be the season of shock and awe to some of the SEC. Only a couple of teams have any experience going against O's that fast and wide open. We saw how LSU struggled against them in the Fiesta Bowl when UCF had a more seasoned roster in 2018 and LSU had a quality D.

We have some good talent on O and the scheme does not have the QB holding the ball forever like a statue.

We were actually a pretty good defense the year before putting some crap bag men as coaches and firing our DL coach mid game. I think they will pleasantly surprise and see some youngsters play their natural roles.
We lost all the best pieces from an objectively bad defense. I’m not really sure what you mean by “pretty good”. We were a scrimmage game for all the top dogs

Reactions: VolByLaw
Cuonzo's team doing what it usually does. Lost 4/5 coming down the stretch moving toward the play-in seed.

We need to blow UF out Sunday.

Reactions: drvenner
i think Mizzou and Ole Miss will eat our defenses lunch., tough match ups in both cases for our defense. now if they go, especially ole miss, and have a turnover fest...by all means....

6-6, 2-6. 7-5, 3-5 if we can find a way to beat Kentucky, Mizzou or Ole miss.
Mizzou? Their offense finished with just 26.7 ppg. Bazelak fell way back to earth and finished with 7 TDs/6 INTs and only 7.3 ypa.

Obviously they could improve in Y2, but not scared by anything they did last year.

Edit: MarcoVol'd

Just like our O should eat up Ole Miss D. They gave up nearly 40 per game last year.

And Mizzou offense wasn’t good last year. 26.7 ppg. Again, I like Bazelak but he started 8 games last season and threw 0 TD in 5 of those starts. 7 TD, 6 INT on the year.
Dangit I should have just kept scrolling 🤣

Reactions: MarcoVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back