Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hot female engineers are nearly unicorns, with or without knives, so no.

7b5815556fad0631dbff64aa7a978019.gif

I need new workout/training shoes...

Any recommendations?

I like my shoes to have some orange on them.

I really have liked the On Cloud X. I can use them in the gym but the are built right for shorter runs and HIIT workouts. I used to use the Reebok Nano which were excellent in the gym but I didn't want to run 100 yards in them. I use Hoka's for longer running so those On Cloud Xs have become my new gym+ shoe.

I really have liked the On Cloud X. I can use them in the gym but the are built right for shorter runs and HIIT workouts. I used to use the Reebok Nano which were excellent in the gym but I didn't want to run 100 yards in them. I use Hoka's for longer running so those On Cloud Xs have become my new gym+ shoe.

Hoka Bondi 7 is a great shoe

Canā€™t find the original quote, but assuming Achilles Tendinitis?

If I can add to your treatment plan:
1. Stretches: The post that you quoted was correct. Straight knee best stretch for Gastrocnemius (crosses knee and ankle), bent knee focuses on Soleus (1 joint muscle only crosses ankle) Two joint muscles are the most commonly strained. Take the stretch only to the point of feeling a pull in the muscle. Hold for at least 60 seconds for each repetition.
Do not try to get there faster by stretching into painful zone, brain/body would then identify the stretch as an injury process and to protect against it, tighten the muscle further. Slow and steady wins the race here.

2. Get Voltaren gel. Now over the counter. Use minimum 2x per day. Max 4x. Topical anti-inflammatory that will pass through the skin. Perfect for Achilles Tendinitis. Diclofenac is generic if your insurance still covers it. Strength is 1% whether OTC or Rx...

3. Buy a Futuro Plantar Fasciitis Night Support. Costs <$30. Worth every penny. Wear it every night. Keep it on your bedside table, put it on at bedtime, take off in the morning. Nighttime and sleeping is where you lose all the daily stretching gains. This will prevent the loss of progress and allow you to improve much quicker. I recommend this rather than the Rx brace. Rx brace much more expensive and not nearly as comfortable. https://www.futuro-usa.com/3M/en_US...-Support/?N=4318+3294508046+3294529207&rt=rud
You can buy it on Amazon, at CVS, Target, Walgreens, etc.

4. Most important part: Once the pain is gone, you are not done healing. If you stop when the pain does, it will return almost guaranteed. But the next time could be the big tear...
Once thereā€™s no pain, can drop the stretching sets to once per day. Keep doing that and the Futuro brace for 2 months after the pain is gone. Then it will be a bad memory instead of a recurring nightmare.

Hope that helps you. Easily treatable, but a miserable experience if not treated correctly. Achilles tear is much worse. If you canā€™t get over the hump to better, find a doctor that can do an ultrasound guided PRP injection. Better than a steroid shot, but expensive. Insurance doesnā€™t cover. We charge $450, and weā€™re about 1/2 of the going rate in DFW... unfortunately, some doctors try to live off PRP/Stem cell injections and those clinics are pricey.

Sorry that this is such a long post, but this is exactly what I would tell you if I was treating you in my office...šŸ˜Ž

I've been an active runner and athlete for 50 years and have caused myself numerous lower leg challenges.

This advise is legit and proven over time.

You might want to PayPal VolsDoc here for good, reliable treatment info

I'm excited! But I also know that pulling for a UT football coach these days is like pulling for a tribute in the Hunger Games.

You want them to do well, but you know the odds are stacked against them, the clock is ticking fast and when things go south, the end will be very messy....
iu

Today I woke up in a @Catbone type mood...therefore I will share my negativity with all.
prediction: we will ruin all these high offensive stats and ranks that keep being posted in the marketing campaigns and never see the results this staff has seen at other stops in their careers bc...we are Tennessee Football.

This feels too optimistic for a Y1 UT HC, given our history, but man this schedule just doesn't concern me. 4-0 OOC should be very doable. USCe and Vandy are worse and also starting over. Ole Miss worries me a bit, but not more than being 50/50. Same with UK and Mizzou to a lesser degree.

View attachment 355137

View attachment 355135

I have no idea what to expect tbh. With all the transfers and questions about how long it will take to implement the new system. I do think the 2020 team would have gone 7-5 against this schedule. They'd have beaten all the OOC, Vandy, SC, and Missouri and that seems doable for 2021 but certainly not a given. The only games that seem truly out of reach are UGA, UF, and Bama. I think Kentucky and OM are likely losses as well.

If Heupel gets one of the QBs playing lights out though all bets are off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back