'22 OH QB Drew Allar (Penn State commit)

I would be willing to reckon that with CJH we really don’t need a once in a generation type 5* QB to bring us back. He has demonstrated numerous times he can develop average to good QBs up to an elite level. We will be OK there... now let’s get some defensive recruits
Heupel is like Mullen or Leach.

Reactions: de1conley
Mentor must have a lot of really good athletes because they used to come down to Bristol and play in the Arby’s Classic and they were everyone’s favorite team. And they were pretty dang good too.

They are one of those teams in Football and Basketball that is always bringing a squad. Typically not many high level D1 players compared to their playoff competition, but great high school players, great chemistry/play as a team, and not afraid of anybody. Trubisky is the notable alum who player major D1 ball and made it to NFL.

Reactions: CamSnod1997
Agreed. But I meant he can develop a QB.
No argument. My point is Leach inherited the SEC’s leading returning rusher last season and couldn’t find a use for him. Mullen has had some effective rushing offenses but not when his QB isn’t mobile. With Trask they couldn’t go to the running game and it hurt them against Bama and LSU...and Oklahoma took notes.

No argument. My point is Leach inherited the SEC’s leading returning rusher last season and couldn’t find a use for him. Mullen has had some effective rushing offenses but not when his QB isn’t mobile. With Trask they couldn’t go to the running game and it hurt them against Bama and LSU...and Oklahoma took notes.
True. I think we can expect a fairly balanced offense. We will throw down the field to keep the safeties out of the running game. Look at how inept last years offense was when the entire secondary can sit on short routes.

He’s closing in on a decision and Penn St is trending according to Wiltfong. 🤮.

Sorry I put just as much blame on Fulmer. He hired him. It was an epic fail on the scale of Hamilton hiring Kiffin or Dooley.
dunno man. trying to move on.

Hamilton was a gigantic douche. And never won anything. Pruitt was a terrible hire, considering we got told no 100 times.

Anyway...

I know the Volnation thing to do is say “we didn’t want the other guys, this new guy is the best”, but after watching Allar’s film, he’s legitimately better than Simpson and Horn. I don't know what level of competition he plays against, but he was looking the D off, throwing to his 2nd, 3rd read often. His arm angles when he throws is incredible. He gets the ball out quick. He’s extremely fluid and agile in the pocket. He can throw accurately down the field and has an NFL body as a junior. Honestly, not sure what else you could ask for from a HS QB.

I know the Volnation thing to do is say “we didn’t want the other guys, this new guy is the best”, but after watching Allar’s film, he’s legitimately better than Simpson and Horn. I don't know what level of competition he plays against, but he was looking the D off, throwing to his 2nd, 3rd read often. His arm angles when he throws is incredible. He gets the ball out quick. He’s extremely fluid and agile in the pocket. He can throw accurately down the field and has an NFL body as a junior. Honestly, not sure what else you could ask for from a HS QB.
That’s what I’m saying!

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain

VN Store

Back