'22 GA QB Sam Horn (Mizzou commit)

I don't think some of you guys realize how good Kaidon Salter is. As long as he is still on board, we should be fine at QB. Seriously, watch some video of Salter. There is plenty out there on YouTube. There was an article on RockyTopTalk.com from two weeks ago, in which Trent Dilfer compared Salter to Deshaun Watson. We will be griping about everything BUT our quarterback play three years from now.

You may be right on Salter being great. However, you also have to take into account the impact on the QB room. If Salter wins the QB battle, how many QBs do we have transferring out? If Salter gets hurt, who's the backup?

Easy there, short pants. I'm just saying, Salter is good, we have a shitstorm hanging over us. Couple those things together and its time to find a new place. They'll be sorry when we start throwing up 30-70pts on everyone. . .

Sorry bout the short pants thing. You seem like a good poster and person , I'm a dummy . . . calling names like a child.

:) No problem. Just to be clear though, I wasn't trying to be a smart aleck (I assume that is what short pants means...?). I was truly asking because I think we need to have strong recruiting classes every year, and not at just each position every 2-3 years due to the competition that exists. My perception is that some of these other schools get top rated QBs (and other positions as well) every single year when the recruits know what they are up against once they arrive on campus.

My father was the one of the first black QBs ever recruited at his school and he went even though there were other players present that were considered at the upper spectrum of players in the country at their position and people told him he was setting himself up for failure. Albeit he was education first and football second, but still...I find it hard to believe top competitors are scared of players that have not even played a down of football yet.

You may be right on Salter being great. However, you also have to take into account the impact on the QB room. If Salter wins the QB battle, how many QBs do we have transferring out? If Salter gets hurt, who's the backup?
They cannot give the job to Salter for exactly that reason, but Salter will know if he deserved it and may hit the portal himself if he thinks they're playing him. Contrast with Simpson who said that he understands that even with hard work and development he may only get to start one season at Bama but that one season is all it takes to propel an NFL career.

:) No problem. Just to be clear though, I wasn't trying to be a smart aleck (I assume that is what short pants means...?). I was truly asking because I think we need to have strong recruiting classes every year, and not at just each position every 2-3 years due to the competition that exists. My perception is that some of these other schools get top rated QBs (and other positions as well) every single year when the recruits know what they are up against once they arrive on campus.

My father was the one of the first black QBs ever recruited at his school and he went even though there were other players present that were considered at the upper spectrum of players in the country at their position and people told him he was setting himself up for failure. Albeit he was education first and football second, but still...I find it hard to believe top competitors are scared of players that have not even played a down of football yet.
You posted while I was typing but I think what Simpson said, for those who listened to anything after the RT cry, was that he has more faith in the development he will receive while riding pine for 2-3 years at Bama followed by a shot at one year of starting than he does in 2-3 years of starting somewhere else. He didn't say it, but he'll take a lot less live hits following that path as well. These kids aren't stupid. They saw what happened to Bailey when Pruitt threw him in there last year. That is why you stack elite QBs in every class, if you can.

I'm not sure we can get a 5* row boat captain right now. I think coach Heupel is gonna have to put on a show before we start seeing real players interested in being here. It's a shame, because we're finally doing things the right way, with good coaches and facilities. A shame these guys have to pay for other's mistakes. We will win, with our without these young men.

Reactions: jonnon111
I'm not sure we can get a 5* row boat captain right now. I think coach Heupel is gonna have to put on a show before we start seeing real players interested in being here. It's a shame, because we're finally doing things the right way, with good coaches and facilities. A shame these guys have to pay for other's mistakes. We will win, with our without these young men.

5 star row boat captains tend to go to Ivy League or ACC schools...;)

Oh, please don’t misunderstand me. I don’t blame Heupel at all. I recognize fully the situation he inherited. I’m merely pointing out how much more difficult the rebuild is if we cannot get some momentum and positivity back on the Hill.
Sure, but Pruitt had recruiting momentum and did nothing with it. I’m ready for a coach that can maximize his roster and then, with success, build his roster with players he wants. I’m tired of the star gazers. We’ve had some highly rated talent that hasn’t delivered.

Reactions: CA_Vol
It is interesting that both these quarterbacks wasted no time in selecting another school, instead of waiting to build a relationship with Tennessee's new coaches. Maybe the plan is to let them watch and see what Tennessee puts on the field this Fall, and maybe reconsider closer to signing day. I would say it would be hard to pull Simpson from Alabama, but it might not be hard to pull Horn from Mizzou.
12B73F90-7E80-4381-800E-51F7953BE5CB.gif

Stfu idiot you go away 🤡 you can't handle the truth. I'm not here to pacify you or pump sunshine. I don't care if it hurts your feelings.

You haven’t spouted any truth. You said you steer guys away from the program. You said Pruitt was doing a good job. All you do is bring a false narrative full of bull****. You don’t know anymore than anyone else. You have been wrong so many times it’s not even funny.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
I don't think some of you guys realize how good Kaidon Salter is. As long as he is still on board, we should be fine at QB. Seriously, watch some video of Salter. There is plenty out there on YouTube. There was an article on RockyTopTalk.com from two weeks ago, in which Trent Dilfer compared Salter to Deshaun Watson. We will be griping about everything BUT our quarterback play three years from now.
ANYTHING WILL BE AN IMPROVEMENT OVER JQ

Previous staff was going to sign Simpson. Real problem is we didn’t make a splash hire and our head coach is a known introvert who doesn’t recruit the way we need right now. He’s gonna have to win with less and every season he can’t do that the talent gap will only get worse until he’s gone.
LET'S GIVE HIM A CHANCE, WE DID DOLITTLE AND BOTCH

He's a dynamic nerd. That's probably the best way to describe him. One secret of his recruiting success is he understands and uses social media like no coach I have seen. He fully understands the importance of it in today's world with these kids. It's night and day from our previous staff. No one can predict the future of course; however, all Mizzou fans will be happy to take our chances with him. Btw, he never played college football and started out coaching in the seventh grade and was still coaching in HS only ten years before Mizzou hired him. He's been doing something right and has impressed quite a few people along the way.

Was all state as a LB though in High School....and a Coach on the field and in the Locker room according to his High School Coach. Drink is Smart to play up his Nerd aspect and high intellect. He is not being a Poser and acting like he is something he is not.....a former Great player. Just a coach who loves he game and understands it.....Mizzou fans are extremely happy with him and his recruiting efforts.

We don't have the Blue Blood History and Trophy case to smooth the road to high end recruits. Drink is doing this on his and his staffs hard work.

Keep in mind all the media coverage basically had him as the bail out option if Simpson signed elsewhere. Not sure I would be pumped to go to prom as a backup plan.

As others have said, there is a long road to signing day and we have some horses in the stable. This won’t hurt us if we develop the guys in the QB room.

Reactions: InVOLuntary

VN Store

Back