'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

C’mon InVOLuntary, it’s fun and exciting when it goes our way. It sucks and is classless when it doesn’t. I personally hope the kid picks up a hat of bammer and Clemson, throws them on the ground, stomps them and points directly into the camera and says “I’m coming for you Saban” as he puts on a Tennessee hat!
I’ll be highly pi$$ed if he picks any school other than Tennessee and would probably light him up on Twitter, if I participated in Twitter.
GBO!!
I'm perfectly ok with him picking wherever he chooses. I just think he's given fans a false sense of hope if he chooses someone other than the Vols. I think that's for his own self interest and that's classless IMO.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
This is just so hyperbolic and ridiculous lol. Like, there is some impressively inane line of thinking in this argument.

Also, no one is hanging on “this guy’s junk” except maybe you since the method in which he is announcing is so concerning to you.
You all are white knighting him pretty hard. Ive said I don't really care who he chooses, just don't disrespect my university. You don't seem to give a **** how makes this university look.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
What about people that are retired? What about other students? What about teachers? What about little league coaches. What about neighbors? There's lots of people that have followed him in that community that I'm sure are hoping that he chooses the Vols. Like I said, why not just eliminate the Vols so people can move him to the "oh well" department?

The people you are describing are the ones who would be there to support Ty and not UT. They may be a little disappointed if he goes elsewhere but I can all but guarantee to you that they won’t feel disrespected.

PSA: If you’re someone who feels disrespected by a player not choosing the Vols then I would suggest you try to get your priorities in check.

Lol. It's a small community. It's hugely painted orange. Unlike you they care about their university. They don't like seeing it disrespected. They have pride in it. It truly amazed me that your hang from this guy's junk so tight. You are anyone else hasn't given me one good reason for not just eliminating TN so people in his community won't get their hopes up. There's really only one reason.

Bc maybe he’s still thinking about UT.

Bama and Clemson are favorites but maybe he decides UT.

Haha bro If I’m hanging from this kid’s junk then you’re standing on the street corner giving out free handy’s to the entire community.

So did you have an issue in 2003 when Robert Meachem shocked everyone and picked Tennessee in front of a bunch of Oklahoma fans? Did he lack character? Do you wish he had never stepped foot on the UT campus?
Define “bunch of Oklahoma fans”...c’mon now! 😉

Couldn't wait to get home from work to respond.....
Any athlete is entitled to announce anyway they want to to have their moment.

Any fan is entitled to feel the way they feel about an athlete's choice.

The point was....why would a supposed Tennessee fan living in Tennessee choose to announce going to AL surrounded by Tennessee fans??? How could that possibly be considered "having your moment"???

He may not be a Tennessee fan. The kids at his school may not care about Tennessee the way their parents do.

If he chooses TN I will be a huge fan because he is choosing us when he could take the easy way. If he chooses another school,especially AL, I will hope he watches that program fall while ours rises. I am a Tennessee fan not an athlete fan.

Heck yeah! We have a bunch of pusses, see getting nicer Freak, in here. Gotta love the guy if he picks Bama. Got to live his own life.
Tennessee boys who love this state should NEVER PICK BAMA. Maybe another school has the major and courses you want that will help you later in life, maybe Tennessee has a Butch or sand mountain num nut so you need to go somewhere else. But no kid who says the love the state of Tennessee would ever go to that God forsaken dump of a place with no pro sports called Tuscaloserville. The team may win championships but to live there is to live in a miserable place. Go Vols and love ya Ty if your with us but hope you and your team fail miserably if you go to Bama. All you Bama is so good apologist can go get f, well you know what you can go get.

Reactions: Glocker_Alum_2005
The people you are describing are the ones who would be there to support Ty and not UT. They may be a little disappointed if he goes elsewhere but I can all but guarantee to you that they won’t feel disrespected.

PSA: If you’re someone who feels disrespected by a player not choosing the Vols then I would suggest you try to get your priorities in check.

You make a lot of assumptions there. If you get bent out of shape and feel the need to call out another poster for their opinion maybe you should check your priorities.

I've said I don't care who he chooses. I would be just as happy with Horn or another QB who wants to be a Vol.

You worry about you and I'll worry about me.

Don’t worry, I just talked to the university and it doesn’t feel disrespected.
I'm sure you did. You're not fan that's for sure. Bigger fan of the kid than the school. That's what happens when you've never really seen your team at the top. You're willing to accept you're an also ran that worships the Bama's and clemsons of the world. You have zero pride.

Realistically, Clemson should be his destination. Why wouldn’t you go play for the Team and HC that has produced a top 10 NFL QB and a soon to be #1 overall pick. Easy decision if it’s me, worst case scenario you don’t make it and transfer to another P5 school and try again.
Did they really produce either one of those...... both were absolute stud..... can’t miss prospects before they stepped on campus.

Reactions: Kristy*

Yall are missing the point. It's if he picks Bama. If you really love the Orange then you HATE THEM. JUST REALLY HATE THOSE NO GOOD FOR NOTHING MOTHER AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH CAN'T GET BANNED CAN'T GET BANNED

Yall are missing the point. It's if he picks Bama. If you really love the Orange then you HATE THEM. JUST REALLY HATE THOSE NO GOOD FOR NOTHING MOTHER AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH CAN'T GET BANNED CAN'T GET BANNED
The young'ens don't get that. They probably don't even see it as a rivalry. All they've seen is 13 years of beatdowns.

Also heard he only became a fan the last 3-4 years. Seen it debated if he grew up a big fan but idk the truth.

Whoa now... that’s not being very classy if you ask me.
I've said multiple times I don't care where he goes. While I think the kid is good and talented I don't get enamored by any of them. I become a fan of them when they become Vols. If he chooses the Vols, I'll be all Ty. If he doesn't I couldn't care less. Bring me the ones that want to be Vols.

My issue is don't burn the bridge when you leave. If he's been leading in Tennessee fans when he had no intention of coming here that's a character issue.

I don't like it when anyone disrespects my Vols or Vol fans. There are 1000 reasons for him not to pick the Vols, all he had to do was list a couple and most reasonable people would understand.

That being said I think he has more class than most here and will pick the Vols.

VN Store

Back