Coronavirus (No politics)

So our family broke the streak and finally had someone tested. My son spent a couple days in the hospital this past weekend and they shoved a swab up his nose. He was negative but still not very excited

So our family broke the streak and finally had someone tested. My son spent a couple days in the hospital this past weekend and they shoved a swab up his nose. He was negative but still not very excited
Oh no! Everything okay with little guy?

Oh no! Everything okay with little guy?
He's recovering now but he took a header off the top bunk while playing with his brother. Got a concussion, small skull fracture and bleeding under that. Not enough to warrant surgery but they wanted to run tests and watch him. He spent 48hrs staring at the ceiling. His face looks like he got into a fight though

He's recovering now but he took a header off the top bunk while playing with his brother. Got a concussion, small skull fracture and bleeding under that. Not enough to warrant surgery but they wanted to run tests and watch him. He spent 48hrs staring at the ceiling. His face looks like he got into a fight though
Oh bless his heart! Gah, that had to be scary.

Oh bless his heart! Gah, that had to be scary.
I do well with blood and injuries I can see. Not so much with a head injury.

We got lucky though as there was a neurologist in the hospital that night who checked him out. Also got a consult with a neurosurgeon in Tampa the next day to make sure. He's now in the dugout for 2 weeks while his brain heals

Reactions: vollygirl
For sure. I just don't figure many people will want to take the COVID risk for an exhibition.

But if vaccines are sped up, there might not be much risk by that point.

There isn't a particularly good reason for cases to be dropping as fast as they are right now, which strongly suggests that while 'novel', there was likely pre-existing immunity. Confirmed cases + unconfirmed cases + vaccine + apparent pre-existing immunity = cases falling like a rock = herd immunity is imminent. Unless a variant completely breaks that, there is a decent chance there won't be much to talk about by late April. I'm sure many will still err on the side of caution, but we may still be able to put a good group in Neyland.

There isn't a particularly good reason for cases to be dropping as fast as they are right now, which strongly suggests that while 'novel', there was likely pre-existing immunity. Confirmed cases + unconfirmed cases + vaccine + apparent pre-existing immunity = cases falling like a rock = herd immunity is imminent. Unless a variant completely breaks that, there is a decent chance there won't be much to talk about by late April. I'm sure many will still err on the side of caution, but we may still be able to put a good group in Neyland.

Sure there is! Look who isn't president anymore

Jk

Or am I?

This is a bad article written by someone with no credibility.
Masks do work
I wasn't talking about the main article itself which was written by a PHD. There are multiple links (especially in the end notes) to scientific tests and studies that state otherwise.

The CDC recommends wearing an N95 mask for smoke (After a Wildfire|Wildfires). The size of a smoke particle is .4 to .7 microns while the size of a virus is .1 to .5 microns. So do you really think a porous cloth mask is going to do any good? They claim the cloth catches moisture droplets. As an engineer and using common sense, I believe most of the moisture would remain in the mask while the virus would pass through and become airborne, thus making things worse (assuming something forced like a cough or sneeze). Kind of like a laminar stream of water hitting a screen. You can choose to believe the scare tactics of the MSM an corrupt politicians. I choose to believe otherwise. America's Frontline Doctors are a good resource:

2:10PM | Masks: The Science & Myths

Reactions: FallCreekVols

Which is why I posted in the thread that McGill killed last year that herd immunity would be arriving by sometime in the spring. It's just numbers, especially with a bioengineered "virus" with a shelf life. The virus has to morph itself into new strains often to survive and each time it does it weakens.

I wasn't talking about the main article itself which was written by a PHD. There are multiple links (especially in the end notes) to scientific tests and studies that state otherwise.

The CDC recommends wearing an N95 mask for smoke (After a Wildfire|Wildfires). The size of a smoke particle is .4 to .7 microns while the size of a virus is .1 to .5 microns. So do you really think a porous cloth mask is going to do any good? They claim the cloth catches moisture droplets. As an engineer and using common sense, I believe most of the moisture would remain in the mask while the virus would pass through and become airborne, thus making things worse (assuming something forced like a cough or sneeze). Kind of like a laminar stream of water hitting a screen. You can choose to believe the scare tactics of the MSM an corrupt politicians. I choose to believe otherwise. America's Frontline Doctors are a good resource:

What is the science behind the requirement for wearing shoes in a restaurant?

Please stop, misinformation is worse then no information.
You first posted an article by someone who you said has a PHD
But the guy is a fraud and a fake.

Denis Rancourt Dismissal

Yes, Masks Work: Debunking the Pseudoscience

A (Complete) Debunking of Denis Rancourt’s Argument That “Masks Don’t Work.”

Please stop, misinformation is worse then no information.
You first posted an article by someone who you said has a PHD
But the guy is a fraud and a fake.

Denis Rancourt Dismissal

Yes, Masks Work: Debunking the Pseudoscience

A (Complete) Debunking of Denis Rancourt’s Argument That “Masks Don’t Work.”
Just watch the America's Frontline Doctors video. They are the ones that aren't bought off by big pharma. Truth (and common sense) not misinformation. You can choose to believe your doctors and I can choose to believe mine.

Last edited:
Reactions: FallCreekVols

The cause of decreased cases in Texas is simple. Snowmaggedon/Arctic Freeze kept us separate for a week!

Reactions: Vols4us and SSVol
Just watch the America's Frontline Doctors video. They are the ones that aren't bought off by big pharma. Truth (and common sense) not misinformation.
I don’t need to watch anything you post. You have already lost all credibility, next time be careful what you share.

The state of Tennessee may be under 10k active cases by the time spring football starts.

VN Store

Back