Where is Corey Walker?

Choosing to sit Burns so that he doesn't lose a year of eligibility is entirely different than sitting Walker when this year doesn't count eligibility wise. That was the point others were making.

If this were a normal year he would no doubt have been redshirted, but since that is irrelevant this year, there is some cause for concern that he can't even get mop up minutes anywhere assuming he is healthy enough to play.

I guarantee that Barnes has gotten Walker’s attention. We’ll for sure get to see what he’s made of. He could have transferred out between semesters and he didn’t so that is promising for TN fans. Maybe he’s hearing the message loud and clear (whatever it might be).

The comparison wasn’t about when each chose to go to college, it was about the fact UT chose to sit them out instead of finding mop up minutes for them.
Your being a little disingenuous. As you well know a player can’t play any minutes during regular season / post season and claim a redshirt (Burn’s situation). In this unique season playing a few mop up minutes wouldn’t cost Walker a year’s eligibility, hence it’s odd you would compare the 2. But, you already know this fact which makes those 2 situations nothing alike.

Where did he imply he knew what was involved?
If you haven’t followed the trail of this guy’s posts over the last 4-5 days, then don’t come barking at me. Are you really that misinformed? No, you are not. You are really just a contrarian. Always have been. Always will be. Oof.

If you haven’t followed the trail of this guy’s posts over the last 4-5 days, then don’t come barking at me. Are you really that misinformed? No, you are not. You are really just a contrarian. Always have been. Always will be. Oof.
You’re acting pretty contrary to accuse somebody of of being a contrarian.

I can read the post he made. It was perfectly reasonable. So, if you’re following another poster that closely maybe you need a break.

Choosing to sit Burns so that he doesn't lose a year of eligibility is entirely different than sitting Walker when this year doesn't count eligibility wise. That was the point others were making.

If this were a normal year he would no doubt have been redshirted, but since that is irrelevant this year, there is some cause for concern that he can't even get mop up minutes anywhere assuming he is healthy enough to play.

I’m not saying it’s not a red flag, I’m saying there’s not some crazy conspiracy or cover up or more to it than what has been said.

You’re acting pretty contrary to accuse somebody of of being a contrarian.

I can read the post he made. It was perfectly reasonable. So, if you’re following another poster that closely maybe you need a break.
The posts, as in plural. If you’re reading one post and barking at me, then you’re not doing your homework. Read all the posts, then come after me if you disagree.

So, if you know what is involved with this particular situation, please elaborate.

Although you asked this to be a douche, I'll give you the courtesy of a legit answer. I've asked and have gotten the same response that has been reported and it aligns with what BTO has continued to say in that it isn't a coverup. He had some sort of toe injury in November that put him behind, he hasn't gotten up to speed, and that if this was a normal year he would have been redshirted. Haven't heard anything other than the company line on Walker.

Reactions: Vols All Day
Although you asked this to be a douche, I'll give you the courtesy of a legit answer. I've asked and have gotten the same response that has been reported and it aligns with what BTO has continued to say in that it isn't a coverup. He had some sort of toe injury in November that put him behind, he hasn't gotten up to speed, and that if this was a normal year he would have been redshirted. Haven't heard anything other than the company line on Walker.
I asked this to be a douche? I really am confused. You seem mad at the world.

Back on topic, as short handed as we are inside, hard to believe Walker hasn’t played at all with a free year! Barnes player Alexander as a freshman on a more talented team. Barnes’ roster moves and horrendous post player recruiting for 6 years is rather inexcusable.

Back on topic, as short handed as we are inside, hard to believe Walker hasn’t played at all with a free year! Barnes player Alexander as a freshman on a more talented team. Barnes’ roster moves and horrendous post player recruiting for 6 years is rather inexcusable.

6 years? He had a 2-time SEC POY that played low post.

Reactions: papatomany
1 of 24 recruiting doesn’t = success
Truth. Now they are 15-6 (8-6) in a year they were picked to win the conference. sure, they could come together in the post season, but indications aren’t good. They’ve had some horrible losses. Post presence, or lack of it, is a big reason. How much longer can the water carriers keep it up.

If you actually paid attention to what’s going on, Walker has dealt with COVID and a toe injury that slowed down his production, resulting in him being way down on the depth chart.

Instead, you just throw sh*t at the wall and see what sticks without having actual information on why Barnes isn’t playing him at this time.

In no way was that team more talented

Reactions: walkenvol
Some people are making waaaay too much of a "free year" because of covid. Just because players don't lose a year of eligibility doesn't mean coaches should throw out their game plans and styles that got them to where they are. Barnes is -never- going to just give minutes. Especially in a year that had/has high expectations. He's going to treat it as any other year from a preparation and execution standpoint. Next year, will actually be the year that coaches may have to make adjustments as they will potentially have an influx of returning players that weren't expected in longer term scenarios.

I would think only coaches with extremely young teams and low/no expectations are doling out minutes willy-nilly to get experience because they can afford to.

Reactions: cardvolfan
A more talented team? lmaooo

Some people are making waaaay too much of a "free year" because of covid. Just because players don't lose a year of eligibility doesn't mean coaches should throw out their game plans and styles that got them to where they are. Barnes is -never- going to just give minutes. Especially in a year that had/has high expectations. He's going to treat it as any other year from a preparation and execution standpoint. Next year, will actually be the year that coaches may have to make adjustments as they will potentially have an influx of returning players that weren't expected in longer term scenarios.

I would think only coaches with extremely young teams and low/no expectations are doling out minutes willy-nilly to get experience because they can afford to.
Sometimes coaches give walk ons minutes at the end of games where the outcome is already determined. These are the type minutes I would have expected Walker to get at a minimum. Don’t confuse these type minutes with being part of the rotation.

VN Store

Back