2021 SEC Tournament (seeding, schedule)

Thunder Good-Oil

(1) Alabama 13–2 .867 (@MS, Aub, at GA)
(2) Arkansas 10-4 .714 (LSU, at USC, TxAM)
(3) LSU 9–5 .643 (@Ark, Vandy, at Missouri)
(4) Florida 8-5 .615 (@KY, MZ, @TN)

(5) Tennessee 9-6 .600 (@Aub, FL)
(6) Ole Miss 8–7 .533 (at Vandy, KY, Vandy)
(7) Missouri 7-7 .500 (TxAM-ppd, @FL, LSU)
(7) Kentucky 7–7 .500 (FL, @Ole Miss, USC)
(9) Miss State 7-8 .467 (Bama, @TxAM, @Aub)
(10) Georgia 7-9 .438 (USC, Bama)

(n/a) Auburn 5-10 .333 (TN, at Bama, Miss St)
(11) Texas A&M 2-6 .250 (Miss State, at Ark)
(12) South Carolina 3-10 .231 (@GA. Ark, at KY)
(13) Vanderbilt 2-11 .154 (Ole Miss, at LSU, at Ole Miss)

======================================================================================

======================================================================================
FIRST ROUND:
Wednesday, March 10

7 p.m.
Game 1: TxAM #12 vs. Vandy #13 SEC Network
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SECOND ROUND:
Thursday, March 11

12 p.m.
Game 2: KY #8 vs. Miss St #9 SEC Network

2 p.m.
Game 3: FL #5 vs. Game 1 winner SEC Network

7 p.m.
Game 4: GA #10 vs. Mizz #7 SEC Network

9 p.m.
Game 5: USC #11 vs. Ole Miss #6 SEC Network
QUARTERFINALS:
Friday, March 12

12 p.m.
Game 6: Bama #1 vs. Game 2 winner ESPN

2 p.m.
Game 7: TN #4 vs. Game 3 winner ESPN

7 p.m.
Game 8: Ark #2 vs. Game 4 winner SEC NW

9 p.m.
Game 9: LSU #3 vs. Game 5 winner SEC NW
SEMIFINALS:
Sataturday, March 13

1 p.m.
Game 10: Game 6 winner vs. Game 7 winner ESPN

3 p.m.
Game 11: Game 8 winner vs. Game 9 winner ESPN
CHAMPIONSHIP:
Sunday, March 14

1 p.m.
Game 12: Game 10 winner vs. Game 11 winner ESPN
FIRST ROUND:
Wed., March 10

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Last edited:
Not trying to be overly negative, but I see little chance we get the double bye. Assuming we have Florida and another game added to the schedule, we’ve probably got 2 losses left. Auburn’s length and hustle is going to give us fits and I don’t trust us to win 2 straight at this point against almost anyone, sadly.

Reactions: VolSoldier4lyfe
It depends. Is everyone going to be able to make up missed games? If so I think we’re likely to get a double bye

Not trying to be overly negative, but I see little chance we get the double bye. Assuming we have Florida and another game added to the schedule, we’ve probably got 2 losses left. Auburn’s length and hustle is going to give us fits and I don’t trust us to win 2 straight at this point against almost anyone, sadly.

I’ll be surprised if 2 games are added. Versus Florida in 2 weeks is possible.

Reactions: berryvol
Honestly, I'd just as soon go out in game one of the SECT or covid out. Get as much rest as possible and hope for the best in the NCAAT.

Reactions: Lankykong
I’ll be surprised if 2 games are added. Versus Florida in 2 weeks is possible.
Seeing AU and UF on our remaining schedule is a bit depressing. We also better be damned on our game vs Vandy. They're playing much better. They've got a real chance to get us. I won't be at all surprised if they do.

Reactions: 08Vol
I have no faith in this team right now. One game they throttle kansas and the next they lose to ole miss. I just don't get it. So inconsistent......

Honestly, I'd just as soon go out in game one of the SECT or covid out. Get as much rest as possible and hope for the best in the NCAAT.
This team doesn’t need rest. They need to figure out how to get more consistent, and fast, and sitting at home and not playing real games is not the way to do that.

Reactions: 08Vol and GBOx2
#1 - #3 are pretty much set. There is a log jam for the 4th double bye.

Bama 13-1 .929
Arkansas 9-4 .692
LSU 9-4 .692

Florida 7–5 .583
Tennessee 8–6 .571
Missouri 7–6 .538
Ole Miss 7-7 .500
Kentucky 7–7 .500
I have a feeling the SEC Tournament Final will be Alabama vs Arkansas. I think Tennessee will be the #4 Seed.

Reactions: 08Vol and GBOx2
Out of the one's vying for the 4 seed they all play each other twice and UT don't pllay any of them unless they do a make-up game. So I see them beating up on each other and UT getting the 4 seed.

Reactions: Johnnyreb#VFL
I think this team got a wake up call from the Kentucky loss and I think they have a good chance of winning 2 or 3 straight games heading into the SEC Tournament.

I think this team got a wake up call from the Kentucky loss and I think they have a good chance of winning 2 or 3 straight games heading into the SEC Tournament.

I certainly hope not, that means their biweekly sleepwalking catastrophe game comes up in the tournament.

If that is that schedule, Vols end up 9-7 at best. Auburn plays quick on offense, pressure defense and they play hard. This UT team can't match up with any of that. Should beat Vandy if they just show up on time.

USCjr, TX A&M, and Vandy have pretty much wrapped up seeds 11-13, but any of them could take #11 which has a single bye this year with Auburn sitting out the post season (because somebody was caught cheating).

If that is that schedule, Vols end up 9-7 at best. Auburn plays quick on offense, pressure defense and they play hard. This UT team can't match up with any of that. Should beat Vandy if they just show up on time.

Not saying it's an automatic win, but Auburn is hit or miss, too. They've lost to UGA, gave up 86 points to Ole Miss in a loss, and got beat by LSU worse than we did.

It’s hard to see any SEC team making it to the sweet 16 honestly

I think Ky is waking up in time to win the SECT and go on to the 16. As every year, their freshmen are beginning to take over, unlike ours. Their coaching staff is used to pacing themselves
for this type of run.

A can see Ala also making a deep run possibly to the 16.

Reactions: CAVPUT and 08Vol
I have no faith in this team right now. One game they throttle kansas and the next they lose to ole miss. I just don't get it. So inconsistent......
It is the inability of our two freshman to handle the success that comes from high flying dunks and 20+ point games.
They are uber talented. But they have not learned you have to bring it every night against every opponent and take nothing for granted.

We (Barnes) is also slow playing James. We need him healthy more than we need him on the floor. A deep run requires healthy players.

Fulky has too many health issues to provide us with the inside presence ... good teams exhibit. [Do not foresee much if any improvement on the horizon, but hope I am wrong.]

Bailey=streak shooter, we get brilliance or befuddled.

Pons, hesitant; plays not to lose, not to miss, so his is an attitude issue. Cannot block out the missed shots (his own or other peoples).

Assessment: The ship is taking on water. Win at Vandy. Auburn game will tell us if we are headed in the right direction ... and if we are ready for tournaments.

VN Store

Back