'22 GA DT Quentel Jones

We have signed players from Fort Valley before. Why is this kid not getting more attention? Film looks good.

Looks like he’s starting to get that attention. Offers from us, Ark, Miami and others the past two weeks.

Reactions: TennMan101
So your assumption is if Garner doesn’t land this guy, he doesn’t still have it as a recruiter right?
It’s either that or if garner has an eye for talent that isn’t highly rated.. ark is the only other big offer now.. though a lot of these 22 kids will be hard to tell based on ratings.

Quentel Jones has become a hot name in Georgia the first part of 2021. Vanderbiltwas first to offer when he was in 9th grade, but the staff in Nashville has changed, and there are many schools that have extended an offer in 2021.

Arkansas got things started in January. Oregon is most recent, and the Ducks offered March 1. In between those two, schools like East Carolina, Georgia Tech, South Florida and Tennessee have offered."

"Things have really been pretty steady with the offers since Arkansas offered me," said Jones. "I am getting new offers every week, a lot more schools are talking to me, and things have been going really well for me."

"Arkansas is recruiting me every day, and Tennessee is recruiting me about as hard, and those two are looking good to me right now."

Head coach Sam Pittman is leading the way for the Razorbacks. "Coach Pittman is really recruiting me hard. He is putting a lot of time into me. I love coach Pittman. He is a cool guy that will always tell the truth. He is easy to talk to, he brightens my day up, and he makes me feel like a priority.

"Almost all the coaching staff texts me every week, but the coach I speak with four or five times a week over the phone with is Coach Pittman. He is trustworthy, he is a great man, and we have a great bond."

New defensive line coach Rodney Garner is that guy for the Vols. Tennessee offered a couple of weeks ago, and the two have connected. "Tennessee has a new coaching staff now, and coach G is really showing me a lot of interest. I love him a lot. As soon as we started talking, I could tell he was cool, and we have built a strong bond.

"He has coached a lot of defensive linemen that are playing in the NFL, and that means a lot to me. He knows a lot about my position., and he seems like he would be able to help me a lot."

Jones is not nearing a decision, and he has not ruled anyone out, so all the schools that have offered are still under consideration, but Arkansas and Tennessee are pushing all the right buttons right now. "I am interested in everyone that has offered me, but Arkansas and Tennessee could be the ones that get to the end with me," said Jones.

"I am going to keep talking to the coaches, and continue to look all over the country at the different schools that have offered. I want to find the right place that is going to make me a better man on and off the field. That is who will win for me. "I plan to make my decision the first game of the season."

- Rivals

“I talk to Tennessee about four or five times a week,” said Jones, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the No. 30 defensive tackle in the 2022 class and the No. 33 junior from the state of Georgia.

“Love Tennessee. They’re in my top five right now.”

The 6-foot-3, 290-pound Jones said he’s not ready to name a top five at this point, and he declined to name the other schools currently at the top of his list. But he admitted the Vols are one of the teams recruiting him hardest, along with Arkansas, Oregon and Mississippi State.

Garner in particular has made it clear that Jones could make an impact on Tennessee’s defensive line.

“Coach G tells me all the time I can help make Tennessee become something special,” Jones said, “and he wants me to come be a Vol.”

Jones added that the Vols “want me to play the two(-technique), and they love my get-off and hands.”

He has been to Tennessee’s campus once before. He said he “visited Tennessee my ninth-grade year,” and he’s already hoping “I can go visit this summer” to take another look at the Vols.
-Callahan

Jones picked up an offer from the Vols on Feb. 19, and it didn't take long for Tennessee to emerge as one of the top contenders for him. He told GoVols247 last week that he was already staying in frequent contact with the Vols, and they were one of the teams standing out to him.

“I talk to Tennessee about four or five times a week,” Jones said at the time. “Love Tennessee. They’re in my top five right now.”

He has been to Tennessee’s campus once before. He said he “visited Tennessee my ninth-grade year," and he's looking forward to making another trip to Knoxville.
Jones said he’s not ready to name a top five at this point, and he declined last week to name the other schools that were at the top of his list. But he admitted at the time that the Vols were one of the teams recruiting him hardest, along with Arkansas, Oregon and Mississippi State.

New Tennessee defensive line coach Rodney Garner in particular has made it clear that Jones could make an impact on Tennessee’s defensive line.

“Coach G tells me all the time I can help make Tennessee become something special,” Jones said, “and he wants me to come be a Vol.”

Jones added last week that the Vols “want me to play the two(-technique), and they love my get-off and hands.”
-Callahan

It’s not just about football with Tennessee head coach Josh Heupel and defensive line coach Rodney Garner for Quentel Jones.
For the three-star defensive tackle from Peach County High School in Fort Valley, Georgia, it’s much more than that.
“I love Coach Garner,” Jones told Volquest. “He’s a great guy and he makes defensive lineman. I know that he would be a coach that will get me to where I want to go. We have a good relationship.
“Me and coach talk about three times a week. He makes sure we talk about my mom and my uncle because he has a good relationship with them also. It’s not just about football. I can tell he cares about me more than just about football. I can really say I have a bond with Coach Garner. That means a lot to me.”
Jones also has a great relationship with Heupel. The relationships, coupled with the fact that the Vols are in the SEC, are the reasons the Vols are the 6-foot-2, 280-pounder’s “top school” at the moment.
“It just ain’t about football with them,” Jones said. “Coach Heupel is my guy. I talk to him every week, if not every day to be honest. Coach hits me up every morning. That’s my guy. I like coach.”
June is going to be a busy month for Jones. He’ll take an official visit to Tennessee the weekend of June 25, and he’ll also take official visits to Georgia Tech, Indiana and Wisconsin. Jones is also considering visiting Mississippi State, Oregon and Miami.
“I got visits and football practice the entire month of June,” Jones said. “I’m loving it. My coach told me to go enjoy it so I’m going to go enjoy it.”
Jones visited Knoxville two years ago for a camp, so he’s seen what Tennessee’s campus has to offer. This time around, he’s looking forward to being around the people that makeup the football program.
“I just really wanna be around the coaches really,” Jones said. “I’ve already seen campus and everything else. Now I just want to be around the coaches and my potential teammates.”
The 60th-ranked prospect in the state of Georgia according to Rivals is also looking forward to taking visits in June because he’s ready to be done with the recruiting process.
“I’m really about done with it,” Jones said. “I have a couple of more schools that are my top schools, but I’m pretty much done. I have two others, but Tennessee is really my top school.”
Jones currently holds offers from 20 schools, four of which are SEC schools in Arkansas, Mississippi State, Tennessee and Vanderbilt.

VN Store

Back