Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both of my kids are adopted. Had them each since they were 2 days old. My son looks like me with my wife’s eyes. My daughter looks like my wife with my eyes.
People can’t believe that they are adopted. We have been blessed with them for sure. Adoption was much better than the multitude of failed fertility attempts.
I hear ya. My first girl was the result of a year and a half of fertility treatments, loads of tests, AIs, a surgery for my wife and two rounds of in vitro (almost none of which was covered by insurance). My daughter was a frozen embryo for three months before getting back into the mix — I always say she's three months older than other kids her age.

But yeah, the whole process beat the hell out of us physically, emotionally and financially. Of course, with a million do-overs I'd do it all again every damn time to get that girl.

And then we got pregnant with my second daughter on the first try (unassisted). My wife called her our BOGO.

I was a bit short of 42 years old when the first one was born and now I'm mid-fitties with two middle schoolers. And I'm absolutely loving it. I just don't ever get to retire is all.

I hear ya. My first girl was the result of a year and a half of fertility treatments, loads of tests, AIs, a surgery for my wife and two rounds of in vitro (almost none of which was covered by insurance). My daughter was a frozen embryo for three months before getting back into the mix — I always say she's three months older than other kids her age.

But yeah, the whole process beat the hell out of us physically, emotionally and financially. Of course, with a million do-overs I'd do it all again every damn time to get that girl.

And then we got pregnant with my second daughter on the first try (unassisted). My wife called her our BOGO.

I was a bit short of 42 years old when the first one was born and now I'm mid-fitties with two middle schoolers. And I'm absolutely loving it. I just don't ever get to retire is all.
Cool story man. Congrats

Satellite internet connections are high speed (bandwidth) but also high latency (ping). Cable internet connections are high speed(bandwidth) but low latency (ping).

Internet companies have confused everyone by referring to everything as "speed". When they talk about speed, they are really talking about bandwidth.

Bandwidth is how much data I am allowed to transmit per second on their network. Latency is the actual time it takes that data to get from point A to point B. The reason those aren't the same thing is because I can send more and more data in parallel and the bandwidth will increase, but the latency stays the same.

My internet bill is $45/month for 15 MB/s. That is a "slow" internet connection. But I play video games just fine, because my latency is low, and gaming transmits such a small amount of data I never run up against my bandwidth limit.

Sorry for the drawn out answer. Tldr version: Your bandwidth (MB/s) doesn't really matter in online gaming. You can buy as much bandwidth as you want. If you have high latency, you are going to have lag issues in gaming because the data just isn't being transmitted fast enough. And all satellite internets as of now have high latency. I'm honestly not sure if Elon's system is supposed to improve that or not.
So basically what you're saying is that the lower the ping and the higher the MB/S the better your internet?

Reactions: vol494
if you like dancin...i spose.

I looovveee dancing.

Jessica-Alba-Sin-City-cowgirl-4aoJ.gif

Broke my leg once playing backyard football. Knew it was broken, but let everyone convince me I was wrong. Tried to stand up to join back in and immediately fell down. No one wanted to believe it was broken until the x-rays proved otherwise, lol.

Could have been worse. My best friend broke his arm after being tackled by a girl. :)

We played tackle, boys and girls, from elementary school through high school (lots more boys showed up every Saturday). one Saturday, I tackled a guy (their quarterback - corner blitz) and he broke his collarbone. I’ll never forget the ambulance driving out onto the field - I felt terrible!

We played at the neighborhood elementary school - had to run to one of the neighbor‘s houses to call the ambulance!

We should have went to molten salt reactors in the 60's when it was proven to work. But we chose the pressure cooker types that make fuel for bombs. The lftr reactors are the future of energy. Salt holds alot more heat than water. Alot safer nuclear too

Where can I get one? Can you hook a brother up?

Reactions: StoVol and UTJoe
There's lost of players from the Dooley era into early Butch years that I'm surprised have made careers for themselves in the NFL. But the NFL scouts looked at how bad our teams were and undervalued our players coming out because of it. If you can get a solid DB as a UFA without having to use a draft pick you will always do that & take a chance, the fact those guys were able to hang has everything to do with how they were developed in college, because the NFL isn't in that market more time is spent finding the guys and less developing them.

If you want to point to some headscratchers from WM era I'd look at these guys specifically.

View attachment 352546

Nationally rated top 250 guys usually end up in the league, and although he wasn't the Primary on all the guys to see TK, Byrd, Osborne, Abernathy, Martin, Everett, Payne not playing on Sundays would be where you could ask the questions. He can develop guys has done it with plenty of 2/3 star talent, but why can't he get the most outta the higher rated guys?
What ever happened to Jack Jones? Serious question.

Reactions: SmokinBob
Ken sorenson is the one who rediscovered what the oak ridge guys proved. There's a movie documentary about it called pandora's promise I think. Gates is a variation of that. Not the best design imo.

I like that they use electricity to freeze a plug at bottom. If something bad occurs it unfreezes, falls into a tank below and spreads out. Neutrons aren't close together anymore so reaction stops and salt hardens. Easy cleanup which can be reused

Okay, okay you’ve sold me on it...when can you get me one?

If you cannot get me one, just provide an address... I am from Memphis. I can take it from there. 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back